English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.FS-UAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Key Mapping Not Working On Chromebook (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=105691)

djbobw 05 February 2021 20:05

Key Mapping Not Working On Chromebook

Hi all,

I'm using FS-UAE in Linux on Chrome OS, with Pegasus as the frontend. It runs well, smoothly, and looks great. However, when I set keymapping it doesn't seem to work.

Pegasus takes all the FS-UAE config line in its own metadata file, and they all work apart from the key mapping. I've also made a config file with the same info in and tried it direct from the FS-UAE Launcher, and the key mapping doesn't work from there either.

I'm aware that joypad support isn't available in Linux on Chrome OS, yet, but I would have thought the key mapping would work fine.

In the Pegasus metadata file my FS-UAE launch command is as follows:

launch: fs-uae
--floppy-drive-0=ASI014.adf
--fullscreen=1
--amiga_model=A500
--writeable_floppy_images
--keyboard_key_f1 = action_key_1
--keyboard_key_f2 = action_key_2

Now from what I understand those commands should make the '1' and '2' key on my keyboard act like they were 'F1' and 'F2'. However, it doesn't work.

It might be something obvious I'm missing, or may just be an issue running on Chrome OS.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Bobby

FrodeSolheim 05 February 2021 20:39

You got it almost correct, except it's the other way around: With this config, you make the "F1" key on your keyboard press the "1" key on the emulated Amiga.

djbobw 05 February 2021 20:53

I've just swapped it round so it now reads:

--keyboard_key_2 = action_key_f2

That should mean when I press '2' on my physical keyboard the Amiga will see 'F2' being pressed?

If thats right, it still isn't working inside the emulation.

Chromebooks don't have physical Function keys, so for lauching games from an Assassins disk I'm trying to make it easier by using the regular number buttons instead.

I know you don't directly support Chrome OS FrodeSolheim, so I appreciate your help.

FrodeSolheim 06 February 2021 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by djbobw (Post 1459495)
I've just swapped it round so it now reads:

--keyboard_key_2 = action_key_f2

That should mean when I press '2' on my physical keyboard the Amiga will see 'F2' being pressed?

Yes, but remove the spaces around = (when specified as command line arguments), or otherwise it won't work.

If it still does not work, you can make FS-UAE log what happens when you press keys, for example:

Code:

FS_DEBUG_INPUT=1 fs-uae --stdout --keyboard-key-1=action_key_f1
(This will log useful information to the terminal about what keys are pressed, and what actions they are transformed into)

djbobw 06 February 2021 14:36

That's done it! It was the spaces causing the problem.

Thanks for your help, just need to wait for Google to enable joypad support now.

Again, thanks for FS-UAE and your support.

Bobby