English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Amiga Unix and Xsvga shows black screen. (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=107282)

tschak909 09 June 2021 16:44

Amiga Unix and Xsvga shows black screen.

Has anyone tried to install the Xsvga (and X11R5) bits under recent WinUAE versions?

I have now done so three times, and each time I am getting a switch to the RTG display, but showing just a black screen.

This happens with both the current release, and the now current Beta 21.

-Thom

Toni Wilen 09 June 2021 20:03

Not enough information, I guess?

A2410 at least works with latest beta or (it was broken since 4.3.0)

Make sure you used official tape install method. There are some hacked images floating around that won't work correctly.

tschak909 09 June 2021 20:15

Yes, I have an A2410 profile set up. It works, with the blit bugs I mentioned before (it always tries to blit both fore and back, even when it just wants fore).

But I also attempted to set up a profile with a A3000, Picasso II, 8MB of 32 bit fast-ram, an A2065, and an 800mb disk, so I could try some slightly bigger resolutions (I really prefer at least 1152x900 for workstation display, it's the old sun hacker in me I guess).

I applied the Gateway CD vol 1 patches that bring in Xsvga and an updated X11R5, and those apply without incident. Set up the XsvgaModes text file, and start xinit.. screen just goes black. It is attempting to load clients, but there are no debugging messages in any log files, etc...

(And Ironically, I can't flip back to the amiga screen once the RTG screen appears, is there a way to do this?)

-Thom

Toni Wilen 10 June 2021 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by tschak909 (Post 1489679)
Yes, I have an A2410 profile set up. It works, with the blit bugs I mentioned before (it always tries to blit both fore and back, even when it just wants fore).

But I also attempted to set up a profile with a A3000, Picasso II, 8MB of 32 bit fast-ram, an A2065, and an 800mb disk, so I could try some slightly bigger resolutions (I really prefer at least 1152x900 for workstation display, it's the old sun hacker in me I guess).

I applied the Gateway CD vol 1 patches that bring in Xsvga and an updated X11R5, and those apply without incident. Set up the XsvgaModes text file, and start xinit.. screen just goes black. It is attempting to load clients, but there are no debugging messages in any log files, etc...

Can you create small test Amix image and upload it somewhere? I am not that interested with Amix debugging but I can at least check if ready-made image does something unexpected when it tries to access RTG board.

Quote:

(And Ironically, I can't flip back to the amiga screen once the RTG screen appears, is there a way to do this?)
END+F9 switches between "monitors". (emulates switching cables between display devices)