English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.FS-UAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   FS-UAE 1.1 Development Series (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=63789)

FrodeSolheim 02 April 2012 22:25

FS-UAE 1.1 Development Series

1.1.x is the new development series, and will live alongside the stable 1.0.x series. All new development is focused on the 1.1.x versions, and 1.0.x will receive important bug fixes only.

And here is the first development version - Version 1.1.0:

* Picasso 96 / UAEGFX support.
* Support mounting CD images with the new builtin CDFS system from WinUAE.
* Rendering system updated, more efficient *and* more compatible rendering.
* Added A4000/040 model, running in fastest possible mode.
* Support file system file names with non-ASCII (Latin-1) characters.
* A1200 with accuracy < 1 runs with approximately A1200 speed and can now also be used in net play mode.
* New system for accuracy option.
* BSD socket emulation is not currently disabled also on Linux/Mac (needs updated code to work).
* Use filesys threads (faster file system) when not in netplay mode.
* Process filesys packets after variably delay depending on operation.
* Updated UAE code to WinUAE 2.4.0

Notes:

* A1200 models are now always running in approximately A1200 speed, no matter the accuracy setting. A1200 with accuracy < 1 is significantly faster than with accuracy = 1.

* The Picasso 96 / UAEGFX implementation is quite fresh and is not very optimized. It works very well for me. If you use the SUPER model, it is automatically enabled. In other cases, you must enable it with the option "uae_gfxcard_size", for instance:
Code:

uae_gfxcard_size = 8
to enable it with 8MB RAM. Official options to configure UAEGFX will be added later.

* There is an ugly hack in this version. When entering RTG mode, the Amiga switches to NTSC mode (does anyone know why?) even though the RTG resolutions were 50Hz, and FS-UAE does not like this currently... - The ugly hack in this version is to ignore writes to BEAMCON0, thus preventing NTSC mode switch (so NTSC mode will not work in this version).

* BSD socket emulation is not included in this version due to changes in UAE code.

Download it here:

http://fengestad.no/wp/fs-uae/download-beta

Foul 02 April 2012 22:50

if i put : cdrom_drive_0 = /dev/sr0, fs-uae crash at start ...

FrodeSolheim 02 April 2012 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foul (Post 811127)
if i put : cdrom_drive_0 = /dev/sr0, fs-uae crash at start ...

It should read "CD images" -I have updated the description!

AmigaOnline 02 April 2012 22:54

The CPU usage is now far better :) (model: A1200) Thanks Frode! :D

Foul 02 April 2012 22:55

with accuracy = 0, Amiga is too fast .. demo will run @ full speed :D
no prob with, accuracy = 1 ;)

Speedvicio 02 April 2012 23:03

For me the last stable version and this wip version continues to have framerate issues.

FrodeSolheim 02 April 2012 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedvicio (Post 811134)
For me the last stable version and this wip version continues to have framerate issues.

You are not forgotten, but I haven't got a computer up and running with an ATI card. I have a card lying around however. It is quote possible that the problem is just related to the OpenGL drivers disliking something I do with OpenGL, and the problem could in this case very well just disappear when I make some changes to the OpenGL renderer (which I am planning to do anyway).

Foul 02 April 2012 23:26

with UAEGFX enabled ... Workbench is smmooothhhh, a real pleasure :) i can use my real A1200 Sd Card without changing anything ...

Best Linux Emulator since a lonnnggg time :d

Thank you very much :)

ps: just a request : 68060 emulated, because, i'm using PFS3 060 version but it's working with emulated 040, but some others programs not :)

rSl 02 April 2012 23:28

1 Attachment(s)
*THANK YOU* for FS-UAE!!! :bowdown
I have really a lot of fun with it! :spin:spin:spin

Btw., here is the controller-config
for the
Thrustmaster T-Wireless 3-in-1
http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/pr...t-wireless-3-1
and the
T-Mini 2-in-1 Wireless
http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/pr...i-2-1-wireless
gamepads for this shiny new development version. :)

cheers!
:spin

Speedvicio 03 April 2012 00:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim (Post 811143)
You are not forgotten, but I haven't got a computer up and running with an ATI card. I have a card lying around however. It is quote possible that the problem is just related to the OpenGL drivers disliking something I do with OpenGL, and the problem could in this case very well just disappear when I make some changes to the OpenGL renderer (which I am planning to do anyway).

Thanks again for your kindness.

I noticed that the emulation of Picasso can not be enabled on Amiga 4000, and that the framerate problem only occurs with games that require a lot of resources, like "jim power" and bc kid.
You may take these two games as a reference for testing the speed of emulation on fs-uae.

FrodeSolheim 03 April 2012 00:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedvicio (Post 811162)
Thanks again for your kindness.

I noticed that the emulation of Picasso can not be enabled on Amiga 4000, and that the framerate problem only occurs with games that require a lot of resources, like "jim power" and bc kid.
You may take these two games as a reference for testing the speed of emulation on fs-uae.

With the A4000/040 model, you must currently configure the RTG memory size manually to enable Picasso modes: uae_gfxcard_size = 8

If you're playing games with A4000/040, then perfectly smooth frame rate is not possible at the moment -full sync is disabled when FS-UAE is emulating the CPU in fastest possible mode.

(Isn't BC kid an OCS game -shouldn't require a lot of resources?)

Speedvicio 03 April 2012 01:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim (Post 811164)
With the A4000/040 model, you must currently configure the RTG memory size manually to enable Picasso modes: uae_gfxcard_size = 8

If you're playing games with A4000/040, then perfectly smooth frame rate is not possible at the moment -full sync is disabled when FS-UAE is emulating the CPU in fastest possible mode.

(Isn't BC kid an OCS game -shouldn't require a lot of resources?)

Yes two are OCS games , i do not know why but are the ones that usually create major framerate issues also with WinUAE and WinFellow on windows, and the same happens on linux.

The problem on linux is the parameter, i have try:

--uae_gfxcard_size = 32 (is not recognized)

the parameters must is without space (and finally work):

--uae_gfxcard_size=32

weiju 03 April 2012 01:24

Hi Frode,
I can confirm that the display problem with activated scan lines has disappeared, the current 1.0.2 version does not seem to stretch the workbench screen to the correct width however (this was correct in all previous versions) - I have PAL - HiRes Laced 256 activated.
Thanks,
Wei-ju

FrodeSolheim 03 April 2012 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by rSl (Post 811147)
*THANK YOU* for FS-UAE!!! :bowdown
I have really a lot of fun with it! :spin:spin:spin

Btw., here is the controller-config
for the
Thrustmaster T-Wireless 3-in-1
http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/pr...t-wireless-3-1
and the
T-Mini 2-in-1 Wireless
http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/pr...i-2-1-wireless
gamepads for this shiny new development version. :)

cheers!
:spin

Thank you, -will be added :) -There was just one file in the archive (t_mini_wireless.ini), but just to be sure: the two different devices have the same device name when connected, and have the same button layout (button indices) etc? I like that you created a "universal" config -makes it more useful and can be used for other projects etc :)

nexusle 03 April 2012 20:29

Hi

I configured a A4000/040 with CDROM Images. How to change the images? I see no menu option at F12...

Also:

With the builtin CDROM Filesystem all letters are lower case on the CD...??

FrodeSolheim 03 April 2012 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by nexusle (Post 811312)
Hi -I configured a A4000/040 with CDROM Images. How to change the images? I see no menu option at F12...

No menu option yet. I am going to reorganize the menu a bit during the 1.1 dev. series, and a CD-ROM entry will be available when a CD-ROM drive is configured. Right now, you'll have to alter cdrom_drive_0 and restart :-/

Quote:

Originally Posted by nexusle (Post 811312)
With the builtin CDROM Filesystem all letters are lower case on the CD...??

I'll check it out.

FrodeSolheim 03 April 2012 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedvicio (Post 811165)
Yes two are OCS games , i do not know why but are the ones that usually create major framerate issues also with WinUAE and WinFellow on windows, and the same happens on linux.

Well, if you only have framerate issues with these two games, then I don't see it have anything to do with ATI/OpenGL drives, etc. If you are running these in a fastest possible mode (etc), the games may just be incompatible with this (this thread may be related: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=63757) . Try with a more compatible configuration? If you after testing a bit more think there is a bug in FS-UAE, please create a new thread with configuration files and logs :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedvicio (Post 811165)
The problem on linux is the parameter, i have try:

--uae_gfxcard_size = 32 (is not recognized)

the parameters must is without space (and finally work):

--uae_gfxcard_size=32

Yes, this is normal, and all command line parameters must be passed this way... (only in the configuration file can you have spaces around = )

FrodeSolheim 03 April 2012 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by weiju (Post 811167)
Hi Frode,
I can confirm that the display problem with activated scan lines has disappeared, the current 1.0.2 version does not seem to stretch the workbench screen to the correct width however (this was correct in all previous versions) - I have PAL - HiRes Laced 256 activated.
Thanks,
Wei-ju

Just so we're clear, are all your problems (including the 1.0.2 issue) fixed for you in version 1.1.0?

FrodeSolheim 03 April 2012 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foul (Post 811145)
ps: just a request : 68060 emulated, because, i'm using PFS3 060 version but it's working with emulated 040, but some others programs not :)

UAE has 68060 emulation, but I have problems e.g. getting kickstart 3.1 to boot at all with 68060 (both with FS-UAE and WinUAE). It is possible I just had an incompatible configuration value. If you have managed to boot Workbench or something properly with a 68060 in another UAE* variant, please create a new thread for your request and post the working UAE config file :)

nexusle 03 April 2012 21:58

Ok,

one more question. How to eject floppy disk images??