English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Games (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   simon the sorcerer cd32.. (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=2589)

poppe 06 December 2001 22:59

simon the sorcerer cd32..

Anyone got Simon the Sorcerer CD32 version up and running on the a1200 with cd? If anyone succeded please let me know how couse i´ve tried everything, i think....

steztheskinhead 07 December 2001 19:06

You shouldn't have ANY problems running Simon the Sorcerer on a CD equipped A1200! It runs fine on my present system and it ran fine years ago on the Amiga 1200 setup I had when the game first came out. What exactly is happening when you try to run the game? :p

poppe 08 December 2001 12:00

well..

..i get no cd sound at all. The speach sort of hangs behind the animations and often is cut away. If I remember it right some graphic errors was experienced also.

Did it work right away for you or did you work alot with the cd32 emulation files?

RetroMan 08 December 2001 12:15

Re: well..

Quote:

Originally posted by poppe
..i get no cd sound at all. The speach sort of hangs behind the animations and often is cut away. If I remember it right some graphic errors was experienced also.

Did it work right away for you or did you work alot with the cd32 emulation files?

Uhmmmm, you downloaded the ISO ?? Then you might miss some Music Tracks perhaps ?? Or are you speaking of Simon The Sorcerer 2 ? Then you will need a patch to get the game running with sound ! But since you mention the CD32 I think you´re speaking of the first part .....

poppe 08 December 2001 12:17

no..

..i got the original simon the sorcerer 1, the cd32 release. I´ve heard that people where having problems but i also heard people without problems...

andreas 08 December 2001 18:01

@Retroman:

Regarding StS II, might this also help on the emulator?
I'd LOVE to hear speech in the Amiga versions, honestly, I didn't know there ever WAS speech at all.
I had played the MS-DOS version on the PC back then... *with* speech, of course.
StS 1 (Amiga) has no speech at all for me. I'm playing it on the emulator, though, so WHY is there no speech in either of the two parts and how can I get speech in emulation (if at all)?

poppe 08 December 2001 18:10

well..

...i don´t know. I try run it on my 1200 with cd32 emulation. It was no speach in the disk version of the game (no big suprice ehh..) but the cd32 version did have speach. But i fail to get them to work properly... Hmm. Not funny at all.. i want speach to.

RetroMan 08 December 2001 18:19

Quote:

Originally posted by andreas
@Retroman:

Regarding StS II, might this also help on the emulator?
I'd LOVE to hear speech in the Amiga versions, honestly, I didn't know there ever WAS speech at all.

You should try the Update on this site : http://www.shoecake.com/simon2.html

Maybe it helps you out with sound&speech in STS2 :)

andreas 08 December 2001 23:30

Thanks a lot for the link.
Hey, stupid me ... :)
I *thought* I had part II, but I don't.
If I can find this game somewhere, I might have a lot of use for this patch :p

RetroMan 09 December 2001 00:20

Quote:

Originally posted by andreas
If I can find this game somewhere, I might have a lot of use for this patch :p
You may be lucky by checking your local Amiga-Dealer, cause STS2 is still on sale :)

andreas 09 December 2001 01:49

Grrr ... :evilgrin, you *are* aware that I'm now through with you forever, yeah?
You shouldn't have said that publicly at all!
Maybe someone wouldn't have known it and "accidentally" uploaded the disks on the Zone, heheh! :D
Now this chance is over, damnit!
Spoiler! :p

RetroMan 09 December 2001 02:43

Well, due to the fact in comes on CD with speech and sound on it, it´s quite huge, so I doubt it fits on Disks ;)

Doozy 09 December 2001 03:00

Total conversion?

Did the game (sts2) undergo a total overhaul from the pc version i.e. file format change or did they just add an executable that would run a p.c. version on the Amiga?

Would be canny good if it were just an executable, cos then I could run my P.C. version on my miggy.

Twistin'Ghost 09 December 2001 03:36

I highly doubt it's that simple, otherwise game ports would be a doddle. If anything, STS2 (code) is ported/updated from the Macintosh.

andreas 09 December 2001 12:02

Quote:

Well, due to the fact in comes on CD with speech and sound on it, it´s quite huge, so I doubt it fits on Disks
:D
Seriously ... yes, I thought so, of course. ;)

coffeedotbean 14 December 2001 09:44

I remeber there was a problem running CD32 Simon on a A1200/CD system, I did get it working but I had to fiddle with the CD32 emulation settings. I know thats not much help, but your CD is fine its an emulation issue.

poppe 20 February 2006 14:10

solved this problem the other day. using idefix i changed the idefix command to "LoadIDE reset quiet" in the startup-sequence. now the game runs fine with sound in sync and with no options disabled from the cd32emulator.

mr_0rga5m 20 February 2006 20:15

Give us more details please poppe mate .. and/or some .cfg files etc.. :D

poppe 20 February 2006 21:39

well. using my a4000, installed idefix to get my atapi-cdrom up and running, changing the startup-sequence line "c:idefix" to "LoadIDE reset quiet". Then using the cd32 emulator that comes with idefix to boot "simon the sorcerer cd32". You dont even have to change any settings in the cd32emulator program.