English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Amiga themes in MIDI (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=11551)

PixelsAtDawn 11 October 2003 01:18

Amiga themes in MIDI

OK picture the scene - spanking new mobile, polyphonic ringtones, USB data cable. Put all these together and what do you get? Well apart from a mobile making noise connected to a computer, you get MIDI for ringtones - AMIGA THEMES!

Now I've calmed down, can anybody donate/point me in the direction of some Amiga themes in MIDI format, cos they'd sound great on the blessed thing.

Maybe I should just get modplug for it ;)

fisken uno 11 October 2003 01:30

*sigh* :rolleyes

PixelsAtDawn 11 October 2003 01:44

*entranced sigh* :p

Bloodwych 11 October 2003 10:40

You can get loads of midi files here:

Midi Games Music

And I've put a little pack in the zone for you to get you started.

Midi games tunes can sound extremely good IF you have a soundbalster live! or similar card where you can load 8MB+ sound fonts. The quality of the instruments is very impressive.

On a mobile phone however, I think they're going to stink!

Still, for the sake of nostalgia.............

KombatSanta 11 October 2003 10:55

google... amiga... <fav game>... midi:p

PixelsAtDawn 11 October 2003 11:02

Quote:

Originally posted by Bloodwych
You can get loads of midi files here:

Midi Games Music

And I've put a little pack in the zone for you to get you started.

Midi games tunes can sound extremely good IF you have a soundbalster live! or similar card where you can load 8MB+ sound fonts. The quality of the instruments is very impressive.

Still, for the sake of nostalgia.............

I've got an SB live! for my ears' sake, and yes they will stink on a mobile, but I'm a hopeless fanatic :)

Cheers chappy!

Bloodwych 11 October 2003 11:15

Quote:

Originally posted by Excelle
I've got an SB live! for my ears' sake, and yes they will stink on a mobile, but I'm a hopeless fanatic :)

Cheers chappy!

Well make sure you load at least 8MB soundfonts. I think the default is 2MB, which don't sound very good.

And yes, I too would probably put amiga tunes on my mobile if I had one capable...........

Konrad 11 October 2003 11:59

It's not that bad. I have a few midis loaded on my mobile. Double Dragon Theme, Cantina Music from StarWars,....and they all sound good. You'll have to arrange the samples, give them priorities and select which one to play.

fisken uno 11 October 2003 12:01

FUCK cell phones! They're just annoying, I hate 'em. :mad

Konrad 11 October 2003 12:24

Well, I didn't like them either, but just got used to it. They're just annoying when ringing all the time. And polyphone sound aren't as annoying as these "beepers" in old mobiles ;).

tin 11 October 2003 14:56

Quote:

Originally posted by Bloodwych

Depends on which phone u have. I've got a siemens s55 and they sound pretty
good. Good 8 bit quality instruments!!!

heheheh, also I think its got more polyphonic-ability (voices?) than the nokias as it doesn't seem to miss notes on mutichannel midis like some phones.

There's some good c64 midis around as well if you're into that sort of thing (hawkeye between level music! yeah!)