English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.MAGE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Old version number? [GameBase version vs. GBA version + misc. questions] (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=31676)

wanderer 20 August 2007 00:24

Old version number? [GameBase version vs. GBA version + misc. questions]

Hello... is it normal that on the GameBase Amiga front-end, in the Help/about sections, the version numbers are old and not 1.4/1.4.3? I've applied the latest updates.

Oh, and GameBase Amiga is... bloody brilliant!!! :bowdown

eLowar 20 August 2007 09:04

Hmm, where exactly? You mean where it says "v1.1" in the main about page? That's the version of the GameBase program, not of the GameBase Amiga database.

That said, it is very well possible that there's some wrong GBA version number somewhere (it's easy to miss some while updating). So if you see/saw one somewhere, a detailed report about where you saw it would be more than welcome.

Thanks. :)

wanderer 20 August 2007 15:04

Oops, yes all 1.1 indications refer to GameBase, although I couldn't find any GameBase Amiga version info.

Here are some quick ones:

1. Where is the info I enter in the 'Notes' tab saved to?
2. What are the 'Photos'? My own custom captures from the game?
3. 'File not Found or not PSID' in the 'music' tab. What's that? Music plays fine.
4. 'Shutdown music players on exit' doesn't seem to work, I set the Deliplayer path to "deli.exe", not "Deliplayer.exe" or "DeliUI.exe".

Ok, that's it from me, enough bugging.

Thanks very much... so brilliant.

eLowar 20 August 2007 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderer (Post 351986)
1. Where is the info I enter in the 'Notes' tab saved to?

To the database (GameBase Amiga.mdb). That is actually one of the main complaints about GameBase, since there is no easy way to preserve user data when updating.

Quote:

2. What are the 'Photos'? My own custom captures from the game?

Photos is meant for actual photographs of musicians, used mainly in GameBase64, for which GameBase was originally developed. Photos are not used in GameBase Amiga at all.

Quote:

3. 'File not Found or not PSID' in the 'music' tab. What's that? Music plays fine.

Again this is due to GameBase originally being designed for C64 games. The Amiga MOD music files obviously aren't PSID (C64 music) files, hence that warning. :)

Quote:

4. 'Shutdown music players on exit' doesn't seem to work, I set the Deliplayer path to "deli.exe", not "Deliplayer.exe" or "DeliUI.exe".

Sorry, I don't know about that one (I don't really play music from GBA), maybe someone else can tell you about that.

Belgarath 20 August 2007 15:28

4. Again seems to be a gamebase bug, or it just doesn't like deliplayer, don't think it's ever worked..

GameBase v1.2 is supposed to be coming out sometime in the not too distant future so maybe some of the problems will be resolved then.

amiganer 23 August 2007 00:51

Quote:

Hello... is it normal that on the GameBase Amiga front-end, in the Help/about sections, the version numbers are old and not 1.4/1.4.3? I've applied the latest updates.
asked myself the same just yesterday

Quote:

What are the 'Photos'?
asked myself the same today

thanks for information

so i don"t have to look for photos and updates any longer (just look at playable adfs)