English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.KGLoad (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   KGLoad Beta released (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=66086)

TCD 02 October 2012 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfilos (Post 842876)
For example... Turrican 3 screenshot from iGame archive can turn from it's original colors to 16 like this:

That's Turrican 2... sorry, had to post it :D

Retrofan 02 October 2012 23:10

I must be doing something wrong. I've just downloaded it, ok I haven't changed the directory to search for games, but just clicking the icon I've got a blocked screen with stripes and no image.:( In WinUAE I mean.

Edit: You've read my mind Mfilos. That's why I will wait till the end of the month to see if they get all the images.

killergorilla 02 October 2012 23:44

I'm afraid I'm not going to be supporting Rebel's palette any time soon.

The palette is changed dynamically whenever the game is changed so that each game has its own palette.

The AGA version has a fixed 32 colours for the GUI and then 224 colours for each piece of artwork.

The ECS version has a fixed 3 colours for the GUI and then 13 colours for each piece of artwork.

Taking your example of Turrican 2, here are the comparisons:

(AGA / Rebel's / Dynamic 13 colours)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/939939/Pics/T2_256.pnghttps://dl.dropbox.com/u/939939/Pics/T2_16.pnghttp://s13.postimage.org/dbjdii0g7/G0000_0.png

In this example the colours look more faithful in my version so I'm not willing to put the extra effort in to change the way it works.

Maybe some day.

As for it not loading on your system Retrofan, what setup do you have?

lesta_smsc 02 October 2012 23:59

AGA looks beautiful ... I know this is naive, but I thought ECS colours would have been just as good!

killergorilla 03 October 2012 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesta_smsc (Post 842900)
AGA looks beautiful ... I know this is naive, but I thought ECS colours would have been just as good!

With 16 colours? Nope :D

Retrofan 03 October 2012 01:00

It's curious. It isn't the configuration. With the same I can run it with CWB39, but not with my Amikit. Perhaps the screen mode? I'm using Superplus, but dunno. I'll have to try it for real.
Edit: No, it happens the same for real. Perhaps some library?

TCD 03 October 2012 01:05

What kind of resolution is Superplus? Is that an RTG setting? Which other settings you use in WinUAE? At least the CPU and RAM settings would be nice to know.

lesta_smsc 03 October 2012 01:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by killergorilla (Post 842902)
With 16 colours? Nope :D

I thought ECS was 4096 colours as it was on the A600!

TCD 03 October 2012 01:09

That's the maximum amount of colours available. With a 640x256 screenmode you can only use 16 of those colours at once.

Retrofan 03 October 2012 01:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid (Post 842920)
What kind of resolution is Superplus? Is that an RTG setting? Which other settings you use in WinUAE? At least the CPU and RAM settings would be nice to know.

I edited the post. It happens the same for real using HighGFX with the Indi and my Amikit, and in WinUAE it works with the same configuration and another Workbench, so it isn't the config. Tomorrow I will try another monitor, but I don't think is that.

TCD 03 October 2012 01:30

It would be really helpful if you could post your config and let us test it. The chances are slim to guess what causes your problem without any additional information.

Edit: At least try to think about any particular changes you made to your AmiKit setup.

killergorilla 03 October 2012 03:49

I've uploaded beta 5.

Give it another go retrofan.

Check the error.log in KGLoad/Profiles/Default/Profile.ini

mfilos 03 October 2012 07:28

I'm using ClassicWB 3.9 with SuperPlus 800x600 resolution on 8 colors (MWB palette) and I didn't have a single problem with KGLoad.
KG mate, your way of making it happen is really clever so no problem :)
It's just that I didn't like much the ONLY Red-Black-White combo (yellow on AGA looks nice) and wanted some more lol.
Every option has it's own Pros and Cons.
Dynamic has better results per image (depending on image) while leavind 3 colors for GUI while static has all 16 colors for GUI but needs convertion on all images and also result may or may not be worse than dynamic.

Nice work nonetheless man \o/

killergorilla 03 October 2012 10:36

Well the 3 colours are defined in the background.iff so you are more than welcome to change them :)

The GUI colours are the last 32/3 colours in the GUI files (currently only background.iff).

I can certainly look at adding the ability for a 16/256 colour static palette but I have a lot of other things I want to do right now!

It's on my todo list...

killergorilla 03 October 2012 11:48

Updated the link to use my dropbox account so I don't have to keep uploading it manually.

Retrofan 03 October 2012 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by killergorilla (Post 842938)
I've uploaded beta 5.

Give it another go retrofan.

Check the error.log in KGLoad/Profiles/Default/Profile.ini

I've got no error saved there. The same that I don't get any info when using WinUAEenforcer or segtracker. It just stops at the time it shows the screen with stripes.
I don't want you to lose time trying my system ;:)

Edit: I've just installed the old version of KGLoad of CWB in it and it works perfectly, so it's something of the new version.
So... What's new to see the main menu screen?

Edit: I've just tried it in the real Amikit. It doesn't work either. No stripes, but it doesn't work; black screen-grey screen-black screen-return..., and the old version works. You can try it (TCD you asked also for a config to try it).

Edit: It doesn't work either with WinUAE and AmigaSYS. The old works there too.

Edit: It doesn't work either with WinUAE and AIAB. The old works there too.
Edit: No, it works there. It just needs the iff.library Will try to fix the rest if I can.

So TCD it isn't AmiKit or my AmiKit.
Thanks anyway.

DDNI 04 October 2012 10:21

Hi,

I was on irc yesterday with KG, trying to run this on OS4.
Rob at AW.net discovered that OS4 lacks iff.library.
By adding this, KGLoad will start natively on X1000 OS4.1 u5.
It kinda starts on my second graphics card (Radeon 9250) but the images are missing - Vertical purple and black lines in the screenshot box. I can pick a game and RuninUAE will recognise this and start it in EUAE.

Starting KGLoad from EUAE it runs ok, images are there. It is a little slow (no JIT in EUAE yet). I can start games and return to the loader on game exit.

Any ideas about the missing images when run natively? Any idea how to make it open in a WB window?

Retrofan 04 October 2012 10:41

Well I said that it doesn't work in Amikit, AIAB and AmigaSYS, but it will work if you just add the iff.library

Will try to find in my system what do I need too.

I have the idea it can be the CyberBugFix, as all my monitors are CGX...

killergorilla 04 October 2012 10:44

Right...

there was an error with the writing out of the error file (ooh the irony).

It's now working, and without the iff.library installed you get the correct error.

Beta 6 is now uploaded (with some other minor changes too).

Retrofan 04 October 2012 11:47

Doesn't work here yet. What I see is that it tries to open Screenshots/AgaPal/M0001_0.iff, but there there are only G000...
Perhaps I'm wrong.