English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.Old Rare Games (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Pyrodex collection (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=5360)

Carlos Ace 07 July 2002 01:58

Pyrodex collection

Pyrodex had a cute Homepage contained mainly a very big archive of old Amiga games, which were patched to work on HD.
Did someone download all those games ?

Overdoc 07 July 2002 10:11

I think I have all of them :)
As far as I can see there is:

Rock'n Roll
Silkworm
Giana Sisters
Xenon II
Simpsons

Carlos Ace 07 July 2002 12:12

I think there r more games.
Can u upload it to the zone?

mr_0rga5m 07 July 2002 13:58

1 Attachment(s)
Does this help?

And i'm pretty sure i've got all these .. i'll dig em out in a bit.

Fissuras 07 July 2002 14:14

BTW Carlos, when is your site Amiga HD Games Nostalgia opening???

Carlos Ace 07 July 2002 14:42

Quote:

Originally posted by Fissuras
BTW Carlos, when is your site Amiga HD Games Nostalgia opening???
I had some problems with some Web Page providers in the past, they deleted all my files before i opened officialy the site, and 2 months ago i had problem with my Hard Drive that have all my collection, i lost everything, games, html sources, emails, works ... :mad
Now i will try to have a new web page, with a huge hd Games collection, some of them i didnt see anywhere.
I asked some help but many people didnt help me :sad
Thats why, time to time, i´ve been asking for some originals, i know many people have some originals, or to test some of them that i have uploaded to the Zone, but ...
I dont know very well how to do Whdload installs or JST installs, i adapted some of them to work with cracked versions , like Sixiang, but there is something that doesnt work well on it; others like Torvak - The Warrior, works very well, just modified the cracker code a little bit ... ;)
I´ll have the page online as soon i´ll have some spare time to work on it also.
But i´ll have the page :cheese

oldpx 07 July 2002 17:18

Pyrodex sucked arse. Many of their adfs were corrupted, they did not reply mails about that and they did delete guestbook entries about that issue. I'm glad we have some serious emulation sites today and got rid of those lamers.

Drake1009 07 July 2002 20:56

I didn't have that many problems with pyrodex. And they did have an extensive collection of disk images which were very hard to find other places.

Overdoc 07 July 2002 21:23

Well, after Lazarus shut down Pyrodex's site was one of the few that had quite a lot of games ( for this time ) and also their site was up for a very long period compared to other sites !
Also ElBarto was a nice guy and I did a fine trade with him for his CDs :)

I will start uploading as far as I get tonight.

oldpx 07 July 2002 21:33

Did you pay for adf cds? ElBarto was the name I recall yeah.

Carlos Ace 07 July 2002 21:52

Thanx Overdoc for the files.

Amiga1992 08 July 2002 01:19

ElBarto? That name rings a bell, I think I talekd with that person before... Was he english?

Codetapper 08 July 2002 04:54

Pyrodex hard drive fixes are lame

I agree with Burseg! Their hard drive "fixes" only worked on a very select number of Amigas, often required an exhorbitant amount of memory, didn't fix most of the problems and were basically not worth the disk space to store them.

Thank goodness WHDLoad has since shown how fixes should be done.

I will say one thing good about them, I quite liked their intro with the text scrolling in from both sides - the mod was especially funky!

Drake1009 08 July 2002 09:01

I'd say that some of their hd fixes requires only a little memory compared to WHDload.

Overdoc 08 July 2002 18:57

Quote:

Originally posted by Burseg
Did you pay for adf cds?
Nope, it was a trade. His 2 CDs for 2 of mine :)
But back then ADF CDs were quite rare ! There wasn't any TOSEC sites at that time. Apart from Dreamzone, Pyrodex's site was the one with the most games ! ( and that at about 300 or so ;) )

oldpx 08 July 2002 19:28

I already had several CDs of stuff and downloaded only the files I didn't have and I used to find this stuff from uaefiles.cjb.net back then and pyrodex was one of the major sites LaForge, the webmaster of uaefiles listed. I remember reporting corrupt files on pyrodex to him. Unlike, ElBarto he approached friendly and did remove the links to those files but there were just too many of them! Just so many adfs I downloaded from pyrodex were, corrupt or badly dumped that, one had to check them all and this was plainly impossible so pyrodex remained to provide large quantity of non working files. Sadly the "quantity" was enough for them to remain famous in the scene. I remember reading posts from different people about this issue on warlock's uae board but there was nothing anyone could do until the amiga emulation community grew mature and better download locations and better discussion places (;)) appeared.