English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.Other (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Amiga 1200 CAPS replacement in Japan (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=105974)

amifan 24 February 2021 01:13

Amiga 1200 CAPS replacement in Japan

I think my A1200 needs to have its CAPS replaced, I am thinking of sending it abroad but I thought I would check if there is anyone in Japan who would be able to do this. I do not trust myself since I have very clumsy fingers.

redblade 24 February 2021 01:45

Japan is the land of the robots, surely there are people there who work on retro machines that if you sent them the caps they will solder it?

amifan 24 February 2021 01:49

I am already asking around my local area/retro shops since I already have the replacement CAPS but I thought I will ask here since there are sometimes Japanese users here too. Hopefully I can find someone.

Radertified 24 February 2021 02:03

There's a user listed on the recapping masterlist.

amifan 24 February 2021 02:21

Thank you for that, I did not realise there was a list. I will contact him.

amifan 17 June 2021 08:38

Thank you Kinmami

Well I think I should update the thread, I have now my Amiga back from Kinmami, he has done a fantastic job of replacing the CAPS and found some other problems which he was quick to fix and for a good rate. The service he provided is first class and incredibly speedy. He had the Amiga fixed the same day it arrived and sent back the next day. Even after sending the Amiga back he has provided me with support to my questions, a first class repair job and friendly communications. Highly recommend even for people outside Japan :) My Amiga has been stable as a rock since the repair with a bright picture and loud sound. Thank you Kinmami!

kinmami 17 June 2021 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by amifan (Post 1491050)
Well I think I should update the thread, I have now my Amiga back from Kinmami, he has done a fantastic job of replacing the CAPS and found some other problems which he was quick to fix and for a good rate. The service he provided is first class and incredibly speedy. He had the Amiga fixed the same day it arrived and sent back the next day. Even after sending the Amiga back he has provided me with support to my questions, a first class repair job and friendly communications. Highly recommend even for people outside Japan :) My Amiga has been stable as a rock since the repair with a bright picture and loud sound. Thank you Kinmami!

Thanks for the appreciation and +feedback.
It is always a pleasure to service original hardware and make it stronger and better.
Hope the community in APAC will grow in the coming years.
Enjoy your "brand new" A1200!

apex 17 June 2021 09:51

Good to have users with a helping hand! And every recapped Amiga should be save for the next 30 years. ;)

dlfrsilver 17 June 2021 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinmami (Post 1491051)
Thanks for the appreciation and +feedback.
It is always a pleasure to service original hardware and make it stronger and better.
Hope the community in APAC will grow in the coming years.
Enjoy your "brand new" A1200!

Welcome on EAB, good to have Japanese friends aboard !

klx300r 17 June 2021 16:04

always happy to hear another Amiga is repaired properly :great

kinmami 18 June 2021 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlfrsilver (Post 1491104)
Welcome on EAB, good to have Japanese friends aboard !

Italian living in Japan... more or less like Mario and Luigi;)

dlfrsilver 18 June 2021 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinmami (Post 1491225)
Italian living in Japan... more or less like Mario and Luigi;)

OK :laughing:laughing