English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.WHDLoad (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Lemmings Holiday demo and hidden levels! (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=67195)

Psygore 30 December 2012 23:50

Lemmings Holiday demo and hidden levels!

I have done the whd install for Lemmings Holiday demo in 2010 and created 4 new :xmas levels before the release.
I included them into the slave and added a 'hidden part' in the game to access them.
As I have no feedback since, I'm wondering if someone has found and completed them ? :D

Whitesnake 02 January 2013 16:01

Happy Holidays. :)

I couldn't get it to work unfortunately. :(

I ran the installer using "The One Amiga" demo disk from here http://amr.abime.net/issue_359_coverdisks
one76_1995_01_d2.adz

That resulted in a black screen, only showing the Lemmings hand cursor.

So I started again and used "The One Amiga" disk from the TOSEC
One Amiga, The - Issue 76 - Disk B (1995-01)(EMAP Images)(UK).zip

Running the WHDLoad .Slave resulted in the same problem as other disk image from AMR

I then tried "Holiday Lemmings 1994 (1994)(DMA Design)[a].zip" from the TOSEC which is also the demo version and that does the same thing.

As a last ditch attempt I manually copied all the data from "Holiday Lemmings 1994 (1994)(DMA Design)[a].zip" into the /data directory and started the .Slave and it worked.

But I get the impression that this would wipe out your extra levels that get patched in during the HD installation process. :(

I'm not sure where to do from here. :confused

Psygore 02 January 2013 20:42

Happy new year!
I tested again the installation under real amiga and winuae, I didn't manage to reproduce your issue.
But you can send me your whd installed game which seems to be wrong.
The 4 new levels are packed and included into the slave file, not in data dir.
They can only be accessed in the lemmings main menu...;)

Kitty 02 January 2013 22:30

Psygore can you up an installed version to the zone please? ;)

Psygore 02 January 2013 23:41

Installed version in the zone, enjoy.

Kitty 03 January 2013 00:42

thanks Psygore <3

mailman 03 January 2013 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psygore (Post 858670)
I have done the whd install for Lemmings Holiday demo in 2010 and created 4 new :xmas levels before the release.
I included them into the slave and added a 'hidden part' in the game to access them.
As I have no feedback since, I'm wondering if someone has found and completed them ? :D

I didn't know that there are some hidden levels. In the readme there is no mention about it. Nevertheless, I gave it a try and must say that this four levels included in the demo are rather difficult. I completed only the first level. The second one is WHDLoad Rules logo hanging on the icecles. Is it one of the hidden levels? I guess not ;)

Psygore 03 January 2013 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by mailman (Post 859301)
I didn't know that there are some hidden levels. In the readme there is no mention about it.

The readme says only:
Code:

Enjoy the new levels ! ;)
I though people will click anywhere... ;)
Quote:

Nevertheless, I gave it a try and must say that this four levels included in the demo are rather difficult.

Yep they are not easy, but not impossible to finish.
Quote:

I completed only the first level. The second one is WHDLoad Rules logo hanging on the icecles. Is it one of the hidden levels? I guess not ;)

Yes, it is.
The hidden levels names are:
Code:

1. Another X-MAS
2. No More Disks!
3. Like On Holiday!
4. All The Best!

You can use the level code included in the readme, but the fisrt hidden level must be loaded before.

mailman 03 January 2013 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psygore (Post 859319)
The readme says only:
Code:

Enjoy the new levels ! ;)
I though people will click anywhere... ;)

I guess this is a misunderstanding then. I though that by new levels you mean the slave to this Holiday demo.

Quote:

The hidden levels names are:
Code:

1. Another X-MAS
2. No More Disks!
3. Like On Holiday!
4. All The Best!

You can use the level code included in the readme, but the fisrt hidden level must be loaded before.
I finished the first one and then there was WHDLoad Level I described (I can't recall its name right now). Then I checked others by typing codes from readme. So in fact I was checking the hidden ones?

So how many levels were originally there and how many it is possible to have by playing this slave? Or maybe this whole package is about your version of Lemmings with 4 extra levels that are completly fresh?

Whitesnake 03 January 2013 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psygore (Post 859178)
Happy new year!
I tested again the installation under real amiga and winuae, I didn't manage to reproduce your issue.
But you can send me your whd installed game which seems to be wrong.
The 4 new levels are packed and included into the slave file, not in data dir.
They can only be accessed in the lemmings main menu...;)

I've uploaded it to the zone "LemmingsHolidayDemoNotWorking.lzx"

I tried the installed version you uploaded to the zone and it works great including the hidden levels. Thanks :)

Psygore 04 January 2013 00:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by mailman (Post 859325)
I finished the first one and then there was WHDLoad Level I described (I can't recall its name right now). Then I checked others by typing codes from readme. So in fact I was checking the hidden ones?

Yep!
Quote:

Originally Posted by mailman (Post 859325)
So how many levels were originally there and how many it is possible to have by playing this slave? Or maybe this whole package is about your version of Lemmings with 4 extra levels that are completly fresh?

There are 4 levels (like most lemmings demo coverdisks) when you press "play" icon menu + 4 extra levels when you click on "demo'94" icon (which normally has no effect).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 859336)
I've uploaded it to the zone "LemmingsHolidayDemoNotWorking.lzx"

I checked it: there are some files that are depacked by XFD while the installation process, only the main exe must be depacked.

Whitesnake 04 January 2013 01:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psygore (Post 859492)
I checked it: there are some files that are depacked by XFD while the installation process, only the main exe must be depacked.

For me that happens automatically when the installation occurs.

mailman 04 January 2013 06:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psygore (Post 859492)
Yep!
There are 4 levels (like most lemmings demo coverdisks) when you press "play" icon menu + 4 extra levels when you click on "demo'94" icon (which normally has no effect).

You will not believe this but it looks that from the very beginning I played only your levels because I clicked on "demo'94". So in fact, I haven't seen a regular demo levels at all! I will check it out once again right away ;)

I confirm. Original four levels completed. So the ones I saw was the ones you created. I just wasn't aware of this ;) However, I think that should be written more clearly in the readme file ;)

Good work! I really like that kind of surprises.

Psygore 05 January 2013 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by mailman (Post 859514)
You will not believe this but it looks that from the very beginning I played only your levels because I clicked on "demo'94". So in fact, I haven't seen a regular demo levels at all! I will check it out once again right away ;)

I confirm. Original four levels completed. So the ones I saw was the ones you created. I just wasn't aware of this ;) However, I think that should be written more clearly in the readme file ;)

Good work! I really like that kind of surprises.

:lol
Nobody has found the original levels then?
I'll update the install (detecting unpacked files too).
Thanks for playing! :)

Whitesnake 05 January 2013 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psygore (Post 859866)

Clicking on Demo 94' revealed them :)

I have Lemmings question for you, as you are the resident Lemmings expert. ;)

You probably already know this but Lemmings CDTV/CD32 only has the option for one player mode.
Did they remove all the 2 player data from the game or just change the title screen so you can't select it? and is it possible to reverse this so the CDTV/CD32 has the 2 player mode? :agree

Psygore 06 January 2013 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 859886)
Clicking on Demo 94' revealed them :)

I have Lemmings question for you, as you are the resident Lemmings expert. ;)

You probably already know this but Lemmings CDTV/CD32 only has the option for one player mode.
Did they remove all the 2 player data from the game or just change the title screen so you can't select it? and is it possible to reverse this so the CDTV/CD32 has the 2 player mode? :agree

Yes, the CD version has a 'quit' icon instead of '2 players'.
I quickly checked the exe and data, all stuff is here.
I just changed one line of code and the 2 players mode is working fine! :)

mailman 06 January 2013 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psygore (Post 859866)

I played both already. The original four are relatively easy and yours four are extremely difficult. 98% is quite huge rescue factor and you have to be extremely cautious.

Whitesnake 06 January 2013 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psygore (Post 859965)
Yes, the CD version has a 'quit' icon instead of '2 players'.
I quickly checked the exe and data, all stuff is here.
I just changed one line of code and the 2 players mode is working fine! :)

Cool :) Could you upload that exe into the zone? I'm sure people would appreciate it including me. :agree

Psygore 07 January 2013 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by mailman (Post 859983)
I played both already. The original four are relatively easy and yours four are extremely difficult. 98% is quite huge rescue factor and you have to be extremely cautious.

I tested them before the release, all can be completed but it needs some practice before.
I hope you didn't destroy your mouse. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 860047)
Cool :) Could you upload that exe into the zone? I'm sure people would appreciate it including me. :agree

I uploaded a new slave for Lemmings CD in the Zone.
Set CUSTOM1=1 to enable the 2-player mode. It will replace the 'quit' icon with '2-player'.

Whitesnake 08 January 2013 02:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psygore (Post 860290)
I tested them before the release, all can be completed but it needs some practice before.
I hope you didn't destroy your mouse. ;)

I uploaded a new slave for Lemmings CD in the Zone.
Set CUSTOM1=1 to enable the 2-player mode. It will replace the 'quit' icon with '2-player'.

I thought you meant you had an actual edit of the .exe for the game. Which is what I was looking for. :D

I wanted to run it on an actual CDTV with 2 player mode, the WHDLoad version requires too much ram or OS Flashes. :(