English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Lamborghini American Challenge CD32 not working on 2.3.2? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=59838)

brolly 25 June 2011 18:43

Lamborghini American Challenge CD32 not working on 2.3.2?

2 Attachment(s)
I can't get this game to boot on 2.3.2, I'm sure it was working on earlier versions, so is there any specific config I might be missing?
Or did compatibility got broken at some point?

I'm attaching the log files. Generated using quick start CD32 default settings, I also tried with my own config files and couldn't boot it either.

bb_neo 26 June 2011 01:08

I had the same issue but I think I found what was causing this game not to boot. I found that if the "config".uae file contains this line: cpu_multiplier=4 ,the game won't load at all. Remove the line and it should work. Now, I have no idea where to change that value in the GUI and to what this refers to but it works. Maybe someone here has an answer. I used 2.3.2 version.

brolly 26 June 2011 02:19

That's odd, I'm using the default settings so no way to change that I'm afraid, but I also tried with my own config file (actually 2 different ones) none of those had that cpu_multiplier line, but still the game doesn't boot. Seems this one is tricky, there's probably some other option which is making it not to boot.

bb_neo 26 June 2011 11:07

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know from where I got that cpu_multiplier=4 line. I just know that I removed it and the game worked after. Here attached is my configuration file. You can compare it with yours and see if something else is missing.

Toni Wilen 26 June 2011 12:47

Probably same problem as in some other game I don't remember, it takes over the system after stupid CPU delay loop (68020 CE mode isn't exact enough yet) which runs too quickly before CD hardware has finished prefetching, when CD finally finished, it triggers interrupt which isn't acknowledged because original OS interrupt routine is in use anymore. Hang.

This did work some releases ago because CD emulation was buggy :)

Using CPU/Chipset adjustment may "fix" it.

brolly 26 June 2011 21:01

Changing cpu_cycle_exact and cycle_exact to true and cpu_speed to real did the trick. cpu model was kept as 68020. Thanks guys, issue solved.

I knew it worked before, I understand why now :)

Octopus66 07 March 2021 16:15

This CD32 game is not working any longer in 4.3 or 4.4, but is working in version 4.2

mrv2k 10 March 2021 16:24

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Octopus66 (Post 1468216)
This CD32 game is not working any longer in 4.3 or 4.4, but is working in version 4.2

It will work if you untick both Cycle Exact options and both blitter options. It's not happy though. the road corrupts as the car moves right,