English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Network Setup issue (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=78927)

Greyspirit 04 July 2015 00:08

Network Setup issue ( RESOLVED )
I cannot seem to get networking playing. Driving me nuts.

Winuae 3.1.0
winpcap ( latest version as of a week ago)
2 nics. both wired.
Win 7
AV both installed and uninstalled
DHCP server set to handle both dhcp and bootp

I've tried both uaenet.device and a2065. even disabled 1 nic ( the windows side one). With logging set I've seen the correct NIC being used. Tried static and dhcp/bootp. Just cannot get it playing.

uaenet: WinPcap version 4.1.3 (packet.dll version, based on libpcap version 1.0 branch 1_0_rel0b (20091008)
uaenet: detecting interfaces
- Network adapter 'Intel(R) 82567LM-3 Gigabit Network Connection' on local host
- MAC 00:24:E8:34:2A:98 (0)
uaenet: end of detection

Is there a definitive setup by step for setting up windows nic settings, winpcap, Winuae settings, and then Genesis that I can check myself with?

thomas 04 July 2015 08:34

Well, you say nothing about your actual problem. From "Just cannot get it playing" it is impossible to say what you could have done wrong.

Genesis comes with a wizard. It should be able to setup the network. Just enter the required information (like uaenet.device). Try static IP addresses.

Toni Wilen 04 July 2015 09:48

winpcap can have compatibility issues (unless you have guaranteed other winpcap Windows software work)

Try with slirp mode first to confirm working Amiga side. (use DHCP, if no DHCP, must use these settings: IP, Gateway, DNS, Mask

Greyspirit 04 July 2015 18:30

Thanks. I'll try that this afternoon.

Greyspirit 18 July 2015 05:50

Well, slirp didn't work. Did get inbound tcp working when I setup Windows card with static ip and then used bsdsocket. Couldn't get outbound telnet to work via telnetd.device though.

Did some more troubleshooting. Finally realized that winpcap was binding to teredo tunneling pseudo interface for some strange reason. Few tweaks and a couple of reboots and got it binding to correct interface. Was finally able to get uaenet.device to work with Genesis both "online" and "offline"

Now I can't seem to get telnetd to work in this configuration in CNet. When the port tries to load, I get the error "couldn't bind name to initial socket (48)" which I can't find what exactly it means :/

Greyspirit 19 July 2015 04:37


Tested everything I could. Nothing appeared to be misconfigured on windows side.

On a hunch I upgraded from 3.1 to 3.2 Beta 3. Issue disappeared. a2065 now working. Haven't tried uaenet.device yet but expecting it to work also.

only other issue was getting "Couldn't bind name to initial socket (48)" when CNet tried to startup using telnetd. Had to disable telnet in inetd.conf that was put in when bsdsocket was used previously.

So to put it out there...final configuration is

win7 x64 host
Winpcap 4
dual NICs ( 1 embedded and 1 usb nic. The embedded being used for WinUAE)
NIC has all protocols and windows components disabled including ipv4
WinUAE 3.2 beta 3. A2065 enabled. bsdsocket and uaenet.device disabled.
Emulated A1200 w/WB3.9 with Genesis installed
Genesis setup with A2065 device 0. Looks like I went with static IP.
CNET BBS 3.05 with telnetd.device
inetd.conf in amitcp:db folder has telnet line commented out with leading #
launch WinUAE with -a2065_promiscuous switch ( VERY IMPORTANT!!!)

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:08.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Page generated in 0.04288 seconds with 11 queries