English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.Amiga Game Factory (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Updating Graphic Adventure Creator aka Grac (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=90846)

Samurai_Crow 15 September 2021 03:57

@kikems
I don't have the time right now to make the extension out of http://aminet.net/package/mus/play/ptplayer but I posted the request on the Facebook group for AmosPro I used to administrate. Hopefully someone has time to wrap it up in an extension and upload it to the Aminet.

kikems 15 September 2021 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai_Crow (Post 1506676)
@kikems
I don't have the time right now to make the extension out of http://aminet.net/package/mus/play/ptplayer but I posted the request on the Facebook group for AmosPro I used to administrate. Hopefully someone has time to wrap it up in an extension and upload it to the Aminet.

We test ptplayer before as amos extension, but the extension not work for mixing audio samples when mod music is playing.

Mainly we need an amos audio extension that use low mem resources, good compatibilitie with protracker mods and have ability to play fx sound or samples during music playing. Example = You are in a room with a music background an you open a chest , chest have their own sound.

We have 2 options :

1 - play sample over music muting the music during length of fx sample.
2 - prepare mod music for 3 channels a left 1 Chanel for fx effects samples.

For option 2 we need update play sample command too.

Samurai_Crow 15 September 2021 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikems (Post 1506705)
We test ptplayer before as amos extension, but the extension not work for mixing audio samples when mod music is playing.

Mainly we need an amos audio extension that use low mem resources, good compatibilitie with protracker mods and have ability to play fx sound or samples during music playing. Example = You are in a room with a music background an you open a chest , chest have their own sound.

We have 2 options :

1 - play sample over music muting the music during length of fx sample.
2 - prepare mod music for 3 channels a left 1 Chanel for fx effects samples.

For option 2 we need update play sample command too.

If you are still using the Amos Music extension to play the sound effects, of course it will conflict. The sound effects also need to be played through PTPlayer.

xboxown 24 September 2021 20:23

I downloaded GRAC2 from aminet to practice and get my hangs on it. Is there any video tutorial out there that I can take lessons from? Thanks.

pngcan 06 February 2022 04:02

Hello, does anyone know of the status of Grac2.5. Is it released yet. I noticed an older post indicated it was finished. I tried contacting the author but alas no success.

birrax 22 April 2022 01:24

We are alive....

2 Attachment(s)
Hello all!

Grac3 is almost done... We are porting some games from grac2 to grac3 just to check everything is OK...

Samurai_Crow 22 April 2022 02:08

Excellent!

manossg 22 April 2022 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by birrax (Post 1542534)
Hello all!

Grac3 is almost done... We are porting some games from grac2 to grac3 just to check everything is OK...

Awesome news!

Samurai_Crow 12 September 2022 05:53

Any more news?

Edit:
Well I have some. EEC, a fork of ECX, can now compile AmigaE for AmigaOS 3, 4 and MorphOS. I won't take more time than needed to develop it if it won't be used. I just thought I'd suggest it.

Silverstreak 05 June 2023 16:04

Sorry for the bump, any news :D

kikems 05 June 2023 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverstreak (Post 1620487)
Sorry for the bump, any news :D

No problem for bump, thanks. Sorry to all for no news. The actual status of GRAC is this:

1- We not have spare time now :bash.
2- Grac 2.5 is ready, mainly is a bug fixed version of Grac2 with some optimizations, new commands and small new features. For use old games from Grac2 to Grac2.5 you only need change play music commands.
If someone now are using Grac2 and want check his game or update with Grac2.5 I'm sure that we can help and provide a copy of prerelease version of Grac2.5.

3- Grac 3 is ready at 99%. We need update docs, create some tutorials and make few final tests.

Grac3 Editor is a great update with graphical inventory, lot of optimizations and some new features for easy trace the structure of items and variables of your game. Birrax made a great work with this version.
Grac3 player is limited because some problems updating Amos sources with music etc... Now we are avaluating than TOM help us to create a new C based player for games with faster routines ( scroll, scale, etc...) and use a most modern sound and music player. Move Grac3 player module to C will delay Grac3 release but help us a lot of to implement AGA games to Grac3.
Actual Grac3 game format is not compatible with Grac2 or 2.5 versions, we need try to build a converter app but this is not a priority now.

kikems 05 June 2023 19:40

I'm talking with Birrax today and maybe we release Grac2.5 in few days. Of course we announce here when release.

kikems 05 June 2023 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai_Crow (Post 1564399)
Any more news?

Edit:
Well I have some. EEC, a fork of ECX, can now compile AmigaE for AmigaOS 3, 4 and MorphOS. I won't take more time than needed to develop it if it won't be used. I just thought I'd suggest it.

When TOM move GRAC3 player to C sources maybe you can help us with Morphos and AmigaOS4 version. What you think?

kikems 05 June 2023 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by pngcan (Post 1530719)
Hello, does anyone know of the status of Grac2.5. Is it released yet. I noticed an older post indicated it was finished. I tried contacting the author but alas no success.

What you need?

Samurai_Crow 05 June 2023 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikems (Post 1620541)
When TOM move GRAC3 player to C sources maybe you can help us with Morphos and AmigaOS4 version. What you think?

I have machines and dev tools for OS4.1 and MorphOS. I could help with that.

A500 16 June 2023 06:15

I wasn't aware of this project before today. I just wanted to say WOW! and thanks :)

Aladin 30 July 2023 12:26

1 Attachment(s)
GRAC 3 Shrunken Head Version

https://files.scene.org/view/parties...me/goblins.zip

Samurai_Crow 30 July 2023 14:06

2022? A year old already? And came in 3rd in the open game compo?

Aladin 30 July 2023 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikems (Post 1620539)
1- We not have spare time now :bash.
2- Grac 2.5 is ready, mainly is a bug fixed version of Grac2 with some optimizations, new commands and small new features. For use old games from Grac2 to Grac2.5 you only need change play music commands.
If someone now are using Grac2 and want check his game or update with Grac2.5 I'm sure that we can help and provide a copy of prerelease version of Grac2.5.

3- Grac 3 is ready at 99%. We need update docs, create some tutorials and make few final tests.

Grac3 Editor is a great update with graphical inventory, lot of optimizations and some new features for easy trace the structure of items and variables of your game. Birrax made a great work with this version.
Grac3 player is limited because some problems updating Amos sources with music etc... Now we are avaluating than TOM help us to create a new C based player for games with faster routines ( scroll, scale, etc...) and use a most modern sound and music player. Move Grac3 player module to C will delay Grac3 release but help us a lot of to implement AGA games to Grac3.
Actual Grac3 game format is not compatible with Grac2 or 2.5 versions, we need try to build a converter app but this is not a priority now.

Perhaps the v2.5 or a v3 preview ?

Samurai_Crow 30 July 2023 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by birrax (Post 1542534)
Hello all!

This is the post of the "Entity" game mentioned in the compo. It's probably 3.0.