English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.OtherUAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Amiberry and Speedlink competition Pro Joystick (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=101479)

HellFish 29 March 2020 16:40

Amiberry and Speedlink competition Pro Joystick

Hello,

I'm running Amiberry on a Raspberry Pi 4, and using a Speedlink Competition pro Joystick, the Problem is that only the Right Fire button works in Games.

Anyone know how I can remap the Controller so The left Fire button is the main button?

I can't find anything within the software to reconfigure the controllers...and google not seem to be helping much.

Any help, much appricated.

Thanks

manossg 29 March 2020 17:31

Hello, man,

I am having the same configuration and the same problem, but I have managed to solve it. Are you running Amiberry from Retropie? The only thing that has worked for me is going to the Amiberry menu->custom controls and then setting north as Joy2 Fire.

HellFish 29 March 2020 17:50

Thanks for the reply, just tested that and it worked for me too!

Many Thanks.

The build is a Pimiga build, so think i'ts just a Plan Amiberry build on Raspian.

manossg 29 March 2020 18:03

Good to know it worked for you, my friend, I unfortunately didn't manage to download the image.

keito 04 April 2020 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by manossg (Post 1388210)
Good to know it worked for you, my friend, I unfortunately didn't manage to download the image.

You can still download the image from the facebook PiMIGA group or from the Patreon page ;-)

Thanks for figuring out this problem, as I have the same joystick but I have not tried it yet, so this is really useful info to know :-)

graemet77 19 October 2020 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by manossg (Post 1388203)
Hello, man,

I am having the same configuration and the same problem, but I have managed to solve it. Are you running Amiberry from Retropie? The only thing that has worked for me is going to the Amiberry menu->custom controls and then setting north as Joy2 Fire.

I'm having the same issue, I tried following your instructions but I don't understand what you mean about setting 'north' as Joy2 Fire. I'm using retropie on a Pi3 and have tried everything I could find to set the left button as the fire button but with no success.

manossg 19 October 2020 21:07

I think in the latest Amiberry it doesn't let you remap the fire button, so I ended up swapping the global controls of the fire buttons on Retropie and now it works great. Just reconfigure your controller and swap the south and the north button.

Let me know if it works, mate!

graemet77 20 October 2020 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by manossg (Post 1435715)
I think in the latest Amiberry it doesn't let you remap the fire button, so I ended up swapping the global controls of the fire buttons on Retropie and now it works great. Just reconfigure your controller and swap the south and the north button.

Let me know if it works, mate!

Cheers for replying so quickly bud ? I don't know, what you mean by North and South. Could you possibly take me through step by step how you did this. I've a number of others eagerly awaiting your reply ha ha ?

manossg 20 October 2020 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by graemet77 (Post 1435855)
Cheers for replying so quickly bud ? I don't know, what you mean by North and South. Could you possibly take me through step by step how you did this. I've a number of others eagerly awaiting your reply ha ha ?

Gladly, mate, even though I don't have my RPi nearby, I will try to help with what I remember. When you first start RetroPie, do you remember a screen where you have to map your controller? You can remap the controller by pressing start or select (I don't remember which) and choose control settings or something like that. In this pop up you just map different buttons of the Competition Pro to different buttons on RetroPie.

Does this make sense so far?

graemet77 20 October 2020 14:55

Yeah I'm with you.... :-)

manossg 20 October 2020 16:59

:D

Ok, so the next step it to remap the directions (up, down, left, right) as per usual and, after that, IIRC you are asked to enter buttons for North and South. So you just press the right button for North and the left button for south (if memory serves right) and voila!

graemet77 20 October 2020 17:28

That's where you've lost me, there's no mention of North or south anywhere.

manossg 20 October 2020 17:40

Ok, maybe it says button A/B/X, I cannot remember exactly, but it's the first two you have to swap around.

graemet77 20 October 2020 17:57

Yeah I've already tried every combination of button in there but it doesn't make any difference in game, it just goes back to it's default settings.

manossg 20 October 2020 18:03

Bummer! Weird, because when I swapped the buttons there, it worked perfectly in Amiberry, without any problems.

What is your Amiberry version?

Maybe you need to reset all your controllers and remap them from scratch? There is an option for that in Retropie or Retroarch settings.

quantum8 22 October 2020 00:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellFish (Post 1388208)
The build is a Pimiga build, so think i'ts just a Plan Amiberry build on Raspian.

Slightly off topic to your question here...

The pimiga build has loads of HNY virus on there so make sure to clean it all, or don't share on a physical amiga.

zx80 07 June 2022 21:56

I was used to set „East“ in Amiberry GUI (F12) -> Custom Controls to left joystick button to work for my two USB Joysticks „The C64 Joystick“ and my „Competition Pro“ for my Retropie Amiga setup.

However that seems no longer to work for the combination of Retropie and Amiberry v5.1 or higher and WHDLoad games (v18.7 or higher). Retropies amiberry.sh start script (adapted for Amiberry v5.1/5.2) seems no longer to use/parse the default.uae file (which I used to map/swap left/right fire button) for all WHDLoad games in the past. Instead Retropies amiberry.sh script now uses Amiberry option flags in favour of .uae files to specify the game specific hardware A500/A1200 for the corresponding WHDLoad game.

One could map those buttons and write save states for each game I guess. The only way I have found seems to be to swap the buttons in the retroarch config files on my Retropie setup, following the guide on the Retropie website.

Does anybody know another way of swapping the left/right mouse button for my combination of Retropie 4.8.1 / and Amiberry 5.2 with WHDLoad 18.8 other than the retroarch config?

zx80 08 June 2022 22:27

At the end it was quite simple following the hints outlined at https://retropie.org.uk/docs/RetroArch/.

So I used jstest to figure out main left/right fire buttons mapping of my two USB Joysticks and then simply swapped the values of input_a_btn and input_b_btn in the two corresponding retroarch joypad config files.

Now my C64 and Competition Pro Joysticks use left fire button for all games w/o the need to modify Amiberry custom controller settings.

Slay 22 December 2022 23:15

I‘ll get an Pi400 for christmas and i also want to use amiberry/retropie with my competition pro joysticks, so this hint will be useful, i think.