English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.ClassicWB (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Differences between versions? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=79283)

Treguard 02 August 2015 18:01

Differences between versions?

Hi

Stupid question, but does anyone know if there's a list of the differences between each version?

Thanks in advance :)

Gzegzolka 02 August 2015 18:59

In what?

Arnie 02 August 2015 19:39

In Classic Workbench.

Treguard 02 August 2015 23:02

Sorry yes classic workbench :D
Specifically the lite and full version really as I'm running it on a 1200 with 8mb Fastram :)

Bugala 02 August 2015 23:38

What do you mean by Lite and Full version? I have never heard of such thing. As far as i know, they kept releasing full versions all the time, and in some cases updated versions.

fitzsteve 02 August 2015 23:48

Hi, the main difference is scalos, the full version has this installed which is a workbench replacement, you can read about it just do a Google search. With 8mb I recommend the lite version because scalos makes the full pack quite memory hungry.

The other extra you get with the full pack is IGame which is a very nice whdload front end.

But I recommend 16mb to run the full pack and an 030 for the adv /adv sp & 3.9 packs.

There should be a more detailed feature list on the classic workbench website :)

Treguard 05 August 2015 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzsteve (Post 1034211)
Hi, the main difference is scalos, the full version has this installed which is a workbench replacement, you can read about it just do a Google search. With 8mb I recommend the lite version because scalos makes the full pack quite memory hungry.

The other extra you get with the full pack is IGame which is a very nice whdload front end.

But I recommend 16mb to run the full pack and an 030 for the adv /adv sp & 3.9 packs.

There should be a more detailed feature list on the classic workbench website :)

Thanks for the replies. I had tried the FULL version initially (as my 1200 has a turbo 1230lc accelerator in running at 25mhz) but didn't realise that the jumper was set on there to 4mb (so 2mb chipram, 4mb fastram). The full version did run, however a good number of WHDLoad failed to load giving EXPMEM errors.

I just wasn't too sure if having changed the setting to 8mb, i f that would now be enough. The only thing I miss being on the LITE version is Igame if honest, and having all of the game folders automatically set (as well as ASSIGN working correctly for me).

I'll stick with the LITE version though as you suggested :)

Treguard 09 August 2015 14:41

I was just thinking, is there any way to get Igame (with all the folders set up) on the LITE version or will it really only work with FULL?

fitzsteve 24 August 2015 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treguard (Post 1035156)
I was just thinking, is there any way to get Igame (with all the folders set up) on the LITE version or will it really only work with FULL?

Hi I'm pretty sure you can install it, IGame has its own website you can check the requirements. Or you could try xbench which is quite a nice game launcher/front end.