English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.FS-UAE (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   fs-uae over tigervnc - mouse issues + workaround (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=104626)

Waxhead 10 November 2020 20:25

fs-uae over tigervnc - mouse issues + workaround

Howdy,

Using fs-uae over tigervnc (or any other vnc as far as I know) does not work well. The mouse pointer is uncontrollable.

The workaround is pressing F12, now I can move the mouse around. Another (better) work around is to DISABLE automatic mouse grabbing.

The workaround works for me , but it was not intuitive how to get this to work and it would be great if there was either a vnc workaround button or some some other fix for this. Using fs-uae over vnc is quite useful for me

FrodeSolheim 28 December 2020 16:35

If you're running Workbench and system-friendly programs, you can also enable mouse_integration. With this enabled, the emulated mouse pointer will follow the host mouse cursor.

I don't know of any other workaround apart from that and disabling mouse grabbing, but I'll add information about this to the FS-UAE docs :great

Waxhead 12 January 2021 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim (Post 1449063)
If you're running Workbench and system-friendly programs, you can also enable mouse_integration. With this enabled, the emulated mouse pointer will follow the host mouse cursor.

I don't know of any other workaround apart from that and disabling mouse grabbing, but I'll add information about this to the FS-UAE docs :great

Thanks for your reply, but mouse integration (which is an option that does not exists in fs-uae-launcher) is probably the same as the "Linux mouse" option. Sorry, but that does not work over VNC. If you want I am happy to give you some ssh access so that you can see for yourself.

If you know the SOASC/SOAMC projects I am the sysop on the server that runs those projects. There is a lot of automation done , and quite frankly it would be more fun to automate stuff on fs-uae than on winuae so mouse control over VNC is really somehting that would be quite useful (for us, maybe not others).

Besides , forwarding audio over network with pulseaudio makes it more interesting to run fs-uae remotely as well. ;)

Phantasm 12 January 2021 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waxhead (Post 1440093)
Howdy,

Using fs-uae over tigervnc (or any other vnc as far as I know) does not work well. The mouse pointer is uncontrollable.

The workaround is pressing F12, now I can move the mouse around. Another (better) work around is to DISABLE automatic mouse grabbing.

The workaround works for me , but it was not intuitive how to get this to work and it would be great if there was either a vnc workaround button or some some other fix for this. Using fs-uae over vnc is quite useful for me

I tried setting up fs-uae running in the cloud via vnc and gave up in the end but this workaround sounds good.

FrodeSolheim 12 January 2021 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waxhead (Post 1452992)
Thanks for your reply, but mouse integration (which is an option that does not exists in fs-uae-launcher) is probably the same as the "Linux mouse" option.

No, it's something completely different. With mouse_integration enabled, FS-UAE injects the mouse coordinates of the host mouse cursor into Workbench. I.e. it should work fine with absolute mouse coordinates used by VNC.

Maybe there isn't a GUI setting for it uet. If not, add the following to custom configuration:

Code:

mouse_integration = 1
(The downside is that it only works with system friendly programs = not most games)