English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.FS-UAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   whdload via <config>.fsuae file? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=75993)

Mousey 19 November 2014 23:37

FS-UAE Launcher command line configuration support

Just wondering if support for this has been added yet? It was requested by Bidinou on this page, in respect of auto starting zipped WHDLoad games:
http://fs-uae.net/whdload-support

I would also find this very useful, for much the same reason - launching WHDLoad games from a frontend (Emulation Station, in my case).

Any information on progress of this feature would be much appreciated! :)

toxicshadow 30 November 2014 13:52

whdload via <config>.fsuae file?

Is there a way of using .fsuae config files to load whdload files?

I dont tend to use any frontends and prefer to use scripts with per game config files to launch my games but unfortunately I am struggling with whdload options.

I have set the following in the config file:

hard_drive_0 = /<some_path>/<game>.zip
x_whdload_args = <game>.Slave
x_whdload_version = 17.1

This starts the emulator but then it appears to get stuck with the workbench screen and the mouse cursor with single clicks from DF0.

Is command line / config support for whdload not available at the moment?

Thanks.

FrodeSolheim 30 November 2014 14:01

Hi, the reason it does not work is because FS-UAE Launcher handles this WHDLoad convenience feature (it assembles a "full" hard drive based on the WHDLoad game zip). I do plan to allow auto-starting a config via fs-uae-launcher too.

toxicshadow 30 November 2014 14:14

Thanks for merging the threads. I should have searched first.

Good to hear that you have plans to implement something in the future as it will eliminate the need to swap floppy disks :)

As an offtopic aside, are there still plans to introduce an on-screen virtual keyboard?

FrodeSolheim 01 December 2014 21:12

I've implemented the following for the upcoming FS-UAE Launcher 2.5.21dev:
* Can start with path to .fs-uae file as final argument (auto-runs configuration via FS-UAE Launcher).
* Can start with game uuid as final argument (auto-runs preferred variant).
* Can start with variant uuid as final argument (autu-runs specified variant).

(Yes, on-screen keyboard is still on the todo list)

Mousey 01 December 2014 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim (Post 989495)
* Can start with path to .fs-uae file as final argument (auto-runs configuration via FS-UAE Launcher).

That's excellent! Many thanks for this - I can't wait to test it.

I did manage to do a clunky workaround, using basic Workbench installations, each with their own User-Startup file to launch the locally installed WHDLoad game...! As you can imagine, auto running WHDLoad slave configs with the launcher is going to be so much easier. :)

toxicshadow 07 December 2014 13:19

Awesome. Cant wait for the release so I can test this out.

Also, good to hear that a virtual keyboard is still on the horizon. This is just a nice to have so that you can have a setup that is controlled by joypad only.

Thanks.

Mousey 14 December 2014 22:55

Quote:

Not had much time to play with this so far, but can confirm that it works as intended with the front end I am using (Emulation Station) - great stuff! Thanks again for this.

One thing I have noticed, but need to reinstall 2.5.20dev to test, is that FS-UAE Launcher 2.5.21dev seems to take a LOT longer to load. 2.5.20dev was near instant for me, but 2.5.21dev is taking maybe 10 seconds! I will time both tomorrow and post an update.

FrodeSolheim 14 December 2014 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousey (Post 991838)
One thing I have noticed, but need to reinstall 2.5.20dev to test, is that FS-UAE Launcher 2.5.21dev seems to take a LOT longer to load. 2.5.20dev was near instant for me, but 2.5.21dev is taking maybe 10 seconds! I will time both tomorrow and post an update.

Is this on Windows? I have also noticed some delays during startup (at least sometimes). I'm not sure what causes the delay. It is probably (somehow) related to the new build system introduced for 2.5.21dev on WIndows...

Mousey 14 December 2014 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim (Post 991840)
Is this on Windows? I have also noticed some delays during startup (at least sometimes). I'm not sure what causes the delay. It is probably (somehow) related to the new build system introduced for 2.5.21dev on WIndows...

Yes, I should have said; it's on Windows 7 64 bit.

kkgarbod 16 December 2014 14:29

Quote:

* Can start with game uuid as final argument (auto-runs preferred variant).
* Can start with variant uuid as final argument (autu-runs specified variant).

(Yes, on-screen keyboard is still on the todo list)

Is there an easier (off-Line) way to get the UUID of gamez/varientz?