English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Worst game ever! (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=106622)

Pyromania 16 April 2021 01:54

Worst game ever!

What was the worst Amiga game ever and don’t you dare say Dangerous Streets! That game was bad but it beat the pants off any Sierra Online game for sure!

rare_j 16 April 2021 02:30

The worst I know of is Gremlins 2. There may be worse out there, but this stick in my mind as completly unplayable. They had a decent artist and competent musician on the team, but the game design is off the scale bad.
Special mentions to Oscar and Dennis, possibly the worst pack-in games in history?
Maybe Dennis is worse the Gremlins 2. This is tough.

Galahad/FLT 16 April 2021 03:27

Er, Yolanda?

I thought this was a done deal already?

lmimmfn 16 April 2021 03:37

Lol@Yolanda, now that was bad, for me personally it was Back To The Future 2, what an absolute thrash game, worse in that it was in the Screen Gems pack and i had to suffer it along with Days of Thunder and Nightbreed before i got some decent games. These games made Shadow Of The Beast 2 look like a gem.

Samurai_Crow 16 April 2021 04:31

My vote goes to the Biker Babe From Barbados. Cost nothing but you get what you pay for.

Predseda 16 April 2021 07:17

https://www.lemonamiga.com/games/vot...php?worst=true

dreamkatcha 16 April 2021 10:18

We need a way to factor into the voting system influences such as budget and publisher status so that the games that had the best start, yet still ended up utter tripe, rise to the top of the lowliest list.

dreadnought 16 April 2021 11:14

For me the worst, if we consider the "wasted potential" angle, would be Brattacas & SotB. Ah, wait, Agony, this belongs here too.

acidbottle 16 April 2021 11:19

Blimey, would never put SOTB2, Oscar, Dennis or Seirra Online games anywhere near worst game ever!!

Yolanda has to be in the top 3 for sure, it had a multitude of annoyances and was just flat out unfair.

For me, when purchasing games, the biggest disappointment was the hit squad budget offering of Renegade. The 8 bit versions were outstanding, yet somehow the Amiga port was unplayable. Give it a spin, you'l see what I mean :)

Weirdly though that game doesnt make the Lemon top 100, though I do notice many many titles that were great on 8 bit were terrible on 16 bit, bit of a theme.

Predseda 16 April 2021 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by acidbottle (Post 1477289)
Weirdly though that game doesnt make the Lemon top 100

Some strange votes :crazy

Quote:

vpiezsak 2011-02-15
vpiezsak voted 10/10 (10/10)
Another terrible Amiga arcade conversion! Stay away!

chip 16 April 2021 13:56

For me the worst games created are the SEUCK ones :blased

LeChuck 16 April 2021 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyromania (Post 1477233)
What was the worst Amiga game ever and don’t you dare say Dangerous Streets! That game was bad but it beat the pants off any Sierra Online game for sure!

Oi, Sierra Online never put much effort on the Amiga conversions but the machine's software library is still much richer for having Quest for Glory 1&2, Conquest of Camelot and Leisure Suit Larry 3 on it. They made plenty of quality adventure games and I'd take a huge chunk of them over showelware like Dangerous Streets.

gimbal 16 April 2021 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by rare_j (Post 1477238)
The worst I know of is Gremlins 2. There may be worse out there, but this stick in my mind as completly unplayable. They had a decent artist and competent musician on the team, but the game design is off the scale bad.

Meh. Bad is not the worst. I'm kind of impressed with the graphics actually, if you look closely at it you can see that the artist put quite some effort into shading things properly according to where they are on the screen, especially in the first level. The attention to detail goes far beyond the really poor gameplay design. Getting killed by a Gremlin that spawns in right as you want to exit the screen... hate. Hate. Haaaaaaaaaate.

Any of the recent videos of Shit Game Time gets my vote, probably S.T.U.N. Runner. I'm also going to consider Moonwalker for making my ears bleed with an endlessly repeating 4 second tune and I'm not exactly sure that the first level is actually completable within the time limit given.

amipal 16 April 2021 16:37

Lunar-C is pretty bad.

Comes on the Overkill CD32 disc - you'll play Lunar-C once, and never go back.

Fiery Phoenix 16 April 2021 16:40

Some are bad, but worst ever?

Yolanda is ok - I must be mad, but Gods & Hero's on the C64 is also ok. Frustrating but it has that I want another go feeling.

Agree some of them like Gremlins 2 are ridiculously hard, but worst ever?

For me?

Dick Tracy
Fantasy Manager
Fighting Soccer
Gazza and Gazza 2
Kick Off 96 would be there. Un-playable, buggy, terrible tarnish on the first 2

Lots of terrible footy games on the Amiga

Think Kick Off 96 would shade them all for me

zipper 16 April 2021 16:51

Touring Car Challenge! I thought it might be racing - no, managing!

rare_j 16 April 2021 20:18

Its really interesting to see what people's thoughts are.
I think the 'wasted potential' is an important angle. Also, if you payed full price for a massive disappointment.
Personally I'm tempted to say 'Zool' as I paid 25 notes for that worthless toss based on a misleading demo, but there was a thread recently on how much people enjoyed it so I guess it can't be worst ever really.

kremiso 16 April 2021 21:19

I remember to have completed Vigilante a couple of times back in the day :blased
at time i thought it was ok :blased
i still own the original :blased

now it's blacklisted

gimbal 16 April 2021 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by rare_j (Post 1477387)
Personally I'm tempted to say 'Zool' as I paid 25 notes for that worthless toss based on a misleading demo, but there was a thread recently on how much people enjoyed it so I guess it can't be worst ever really.

I'd still rather play Zool than Beavers, for example. But both fall in the MEH category, flawed with some good parts.

Steve 16 April 2021 23:36

Some of these 'terrible' games listed here are practically AAA titles compared to this little beauty. It's not contest, this IS the worst...

https://hol.abime.net/2168