English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.WHDLoad (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   robinsons requiem whd freeze (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=111878)

_ThEcRoW 12 September 2022 20:56

robinsons requiem whd freeze

Hello all, just got a few free days to spare and thought i would check this game on my a500, as it was always on the list. I'm using an aca500plus with 8mb fast and the 501 512kb internal expansion that the aca can convert to 1mb chip. The thing is that i can boot hte game ok, but when i touch any key, the game freezes without message. If i try to reboot, i got a guru meditation. Anyone is experiencing this?. I tought it could be related to cursor problems, but tried to save a game and when i begin to type the filename, it froze as well.
Is this a known problem?. I have been searching the forum, but nothing appeared, and on google seems the same.
Thanks in advance!!!

P.D: I'm using the version from whdownload site.

Seiya 12 September 2022 21:33

this game run installed with its installer on Workbench 1.3 with 1 MB chip RAM and 512k Slow Fast.

stevelord 13 September 2022 14:24

Run is such a strong word for this game. Crawl, maybe. I couldn't find a video on real A500 hardware, how slow is it?

CFou! 13 September 2022 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ThEcRoW (Post 1564550)
Hello all, just got a few free days to spare and thought i would check this game on my a500, as it was always on the list. I'm using an aca500plus with 8mb fast and the 501 512kb internal expansion that the aca can convert to 1mb chip. The thing is that i can boot hte game ok, but when i touch any key, the game freezes without message. If i try to reboot, i got a guru meditation. Anyone is experiencing this?. I tought it could be related to cursor problems, but tried to save a game and when i begin to type the filename, it froze as well.
Is this a known problem?. I have been searching the forum, but nothing appeared, and on google seems the same.
Thanks in advance!!!

P.D: I'm using the version from whdownload site.

have you use PRELOAD tooltype?

perhaps slave dont like OS swap.

sokolovic 23 November 2022 15:00

I wonder if there is a way to accelerate a little the game as it was done for others 3D games. Seems that it doesn't benefits very much of accelerated hardware. On an A1200 with a 68030/50Mhz, it is still very slow and jerky.

dlfrsilver 23 November 2022 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by sokolovic (Post 1577203)
I wonder if there is a way to accelerate a little the game as it was done for others 3D games. Seems that it doesn't benefits very much of accelerated hardware. On an A1200 with a 68030/50Mhz, it is still very slow and jerky.

The engine was made under Silmarils custom engine, running on Atari ST and or IBM PC.

it's a byte code interpreter (very hard to accelerate it since it's not programmed in ASM)....