English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Coders. AMOS (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   Anim Player with audio. (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=114542)

sovenyimre 17 May 2023 12:08

Anim Player with audio.

Amos Anim Player (2023.05.16.)

A very simple IFF Anim Player runs on any Amiga.

Can play compressed IFF Anim format synched with a separated IFF Audio Sample (or MOD). No need for tons of Ram because the anim frames and the audio is streamed directly from HDD. If you have enough ram, the audio is streamed directly from ram!

Can be used for small or big animations. Capable of playing FastForward or Back with arrow keys.

I used AnimConvert (created by Eckhard Ludwig) to create the animations from image sequences, and goldwave for the audio samples.

Since the animations are compressed, the playback speed depends a lot on the image size/depth and the speed of the machine. (Full screen HAM video can crush :/)

I would be interested in some feedback on its usability on faster HW.

Amos Source code is included and free to use.

https://electricblacksheep.itch.io/amos-anim-player

mfilos 17 May 2023 22:52

Thanks for that mate.
I'll definitely give it a test :)

sovenyimre 24 May 2023 00:52

It is reasonable to reduce the amount of data to be read andprocessed. For this reason, I have included an Amos program that creates a new image sequence from a given source witch reduce the movement between consecutive frames in a scaleable way, as the visual needs of the animation. So, a lot of data can be saved in exchange for a small loss. You can find the example animation under the name ".Reduced". Ham6 itself is neither easy to handle nor designed for this kind of manipulation, and I'm no expert, so expect visual errors, but I think it is a good first try and the filesize of these animations speaks for itself.

Minuous 24 May 2023 14:53

That site is not letting me download it no matter what I do, can't you just attach it here or put it in the Zone?

sovenyimre 25 May 2023 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minuous (Post 1618258)
That site is not letting me download it no matter what I do, can't you just attach it here or put it in the Zone?

Example anims are too big to attach... 300mb. :confused

mfilos 25 May 2023 11:53

I didn't have any problem with the site. Downloaded both binary and the examples just fine yesterday.

Minuous 25 May 2023 23:23

I was planning to generate some animations to test it with. No point testing it with the (presumably) already tested animations.

sovenyimre 26 May 2023 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minuous (Post 1618666)
I was planning to generate some animations to test it with. No point testing it with the (presumably) already tested animations.

That is a yes and no. I would be also interested about the animations i converted with my tool.. because of the different size and quality. Is it worth trying to reduce the data or it is a bad quality? ...because there is a tool to reduce the amout of data between the images of a complex sequence.(like mpeg, but the result is iffanim)
Thank you.

Minuous 26 May 2023 12:04

When I go to that site in Firefox it just crashes. If I use IE, I click "Download Now" button, which brings me to another page, I click "take me to the downloads" and it just goes back to the first page.

What I am most interested in testing is whether ANIMs with an embedded 8SVX chunk are properly supported, because by your description it suggests that it expects the sound to be in a separate file. I have some files like that here I could send for testing.

TCD 26 May 2023 12:15

If it's okay for sovenyimre I could add the files to the file server.

Retro1234 26 May 2023 12:33

Try these links.
once you have them Ill probably remove

[

Minuous 26 May 2023 12:58

Those links give:

The website declined to show this webpage

HTTP 403

Most likely causes:
•This website requires you to log in.

Retro1234 26 May 2023 14:50

Don't know they worked and then they didn't.
Probably best to just use Chrome.

sovenyimre 27 May 2023 13:40

About the tool: I supplemented the previous 8x1 motion filter with a version that monitors 8x8 pixels. + with one that monitors the movement in a second step (with a finer value) inside the 8x8 block. The result is interesting, it looks like DIVX used to be :)
Uploaded yesterday to itch.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Minuous (Post 1618753)
When I go to that site in Firefox it just crashes. If I use IE, I click "Download Now" button, which brings me to another page, I click "take me to the downloads" and it just goes back to the first page.

What I am most interested in testing is whether ANIMs with an embedded 8SVX chunk are properly supported, because by your description it suggests that it expects the sound to be in a separate file. I have some files like that here I could send for testing.

It only works with a separate audio file. (8svx or Mod)
You can send. I am interested.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCD (Post 1618755)
If it's okay for sovenyimre I could add the files to the file server.

It is OK.

TCD 27 May 2023 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by sovenyimre (Post 1618995)
It is OK.

Thank you :great The files can now be found in http://ftp2.grandis.nu/turran/FTP/No...MOSAnimPlayer/

Minuous 28 May 2023 03:14

1 Attachment(s)
Here is an animation I generated with AmiArcadia 29.4, half a minute or so of gameplay. The program quits immediately without an error message when it is loaded. It plays back OK (except for lack of sound) in MultiView.

mfilos 28 May 2023 09:11

Minuous mate your animation loads just fine under my AnimPlayer (version 2.10004).
I reproduced the quitting on load though when running your animation via AnimPlayerNoSeek (version 2.10004).

sovenyimre 29 May 2023 01:20

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Minuous (Post 1619070)
Here is an animation I generated with AmiArcadia 29.4, half a minute or so of gameplay. The program quits immediately without an error message when it is loaded. It plays back OK (except for lack of sound) in MultiView.

I don't see the exact reason, but I found the problem and I think it will work now (it worked for me).

Minuous 29 May 2023 01:46

It plays the animation (silently) now.

If I give it the soundtrack as a separate file, it plays the sound at full speed and the animation at less than full speed, hence the sound gets out of sync and towards the end begins to loop part of itself.

sovenyimre 29 May 2023 18:15

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Minuous (Post 1619222)
It plays the animation (silently) now.

If I give it the soundtrack as a separate file, it plays the sound at full speed and the animation at less than full speed, hence the sound gets out of sync and towards the end begins to loop part of itself.

Enhanced version! (but please use the original link if available)
No need for a separated file animore ...at least your anim is not silent.
There is no data about the FPS inside IFF anim files!... Am I right?...So the program Starts with 25 Frames/Sec but you can be use +/- keys to adjust and the Audio will synch with FPS.

Also fixed the tool to reduce the anims. Quality is improved a bit and makes much less error in HAM while doing it.