English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Coders. General (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   ROMable HRTMon - looking for (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=57472)

amigoun 28 January 2011 20:23

ROMable HRTMon - looking for

With my ACA turbo for A600 and its perfect maprom function I would like to make a custom kickstart with HRTMon integrated.
Does anyone have the Rom Module of HRTMon already?

amigoun 28 January 2011 23:07

1 Attachment(s)
oh, just found tony's source & compiled module myself

oh no, HRTMon works fine, but it does not see the IDE drives, it is probably not taken into account in the Tony's module source code.
Can some one add the ide support? (source code attached)

gulliver 28 January 2011 23:31

You should ask either Cosmos or Doobrey, both know their way into rom modules.

Good luck!

Toni Wilen 29 January 2011 08:50

You need to manually set config_xxx parameters in hrtmonV2.src. HRTMon does not autodetect hardware, it is loader's job (which in this case does not do it either..)

(maybe I should update it..)

amigoun 29 January 2011 13:07

@Toni Wilen:
If you can update it, that would be great. I'm having problems compiling the whole thing in ASM-One 1.29..

Toni Wilen 29 January 2011 15:34

Phxass should work. (few "'" needs to be changed to "\'")

amigoun 29 January 2011 22:32

I've done it! Compiled in ASM-One 1.48 fine. It was missing includes whdload.i and whdmacros.i, when supplied it was ok.
Now the ROM module sees my CF card in A600!
Many thanks Tony, for the romable module source.

gulliver 29 January 2011 23:58

@amigoun
Could you upload your binaries to The Zone ? :)

amigoun 30 January 2011 00:47

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the binary. It's compiled with IDE switch, so the monitor sees A1200/A600 HDD's. The ROM module works fine from the start (even in bootmenu) :) It can get activated only thru Level 7 Interrupt (I dont need key-activation because I use NMI switch on ACA630 turbo)

gulliver 30 January 2011 01:00

mfilos 30 January 2011 01:13

Thanks a lot amigoun. Will check it out :)

mfilos 31 January 2011 08:33

Cool I burned it into a custom ROM and loaded it via MapROM and it works via ACA's NMI header!!! Awesome :)

Thanks again man

HanSolo 10 February 2016 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by amigoun (Post 733167)
Here's the binary. It's compiled with IDE switch, so the monitor sees A1200/A600 HDD's. The ROM module works fine from the start (even in bootmenu) :) It can get activated only thru Level 7 Interrupt (I dont need key-activation because I use NMI switch on ACA630 turbo)

could you do current hrtmon 2.36 "roamable" ?

amigoun 29 April 2016 23:36

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by HanSolo (Post 1069453)
could you do current hrtmon 2.36 "roamable" ?

Yes, I can :)
Attached. Compiled with the A1200 & IDE HDD flags.

mfilos 30 April 2016 11:56

Thanks Amigoun! You rock man!

amigoun 30 April 2016 18:49

All the credit must go to Toni, who did the source code, what I only did was compiling the whole thing in ASMOne.

Foul 17 May 2017 00:02

Compiled with Hrtmon 2.6 sources and 2.7 data + Cranker http://aminet.net/package/util/pack/cranker and working !

thx :)

Any sources for 2.7 ?

modrobert 14 August 2018 14:59

I have soldered an NMI (level 7 interrupt) button switch to my ACA1232 in the A1200, there were two vias marked 'NMI' close to the RTC module (under battery socket) on the board, and I compiled a kickstart by following mfilos excellent guide using Remus and added the hrtmon v2.36 module.

So far so good, this worked for a while, pressing the button entered hrtmon, but then after a week or so it failed by just freezing the system (no guru, just frozen until reset or power off) instead of launching hrtmon when pressing the button. I hadn't made any changes on the software side, also checked wiring from button, which was OK.

Then I remembered that after installing the NMI reset switch button and hooking up all the cables I managed to insert my RS-232 serial cable into the parallel port by mistake, and it was in there for some time, during the time I was testing the NMI switch, luckily only pins 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,20,22 were wired in the connector, and the oscilloscope it was connected to was off.

This made me think, so after checking pinouts so no wires could damage the parallel port using my serial RS-232 cable, I connected the serial cable to the parallel port again and now the NMI reset switch worked!

Then I downloaded pardemo from Aminet to test the state of the parallel port with my serial cable inserted, and it read 0x8D from the parallel port data lines (the normal value to read is 0xFF after boot).

This got me interested so I connected a breadboard with all the parallel port data wires hooked up and signal ground. After testing and narrowing it down by moving a 1k resistor between data lines I can confirm that my NMI reset switch hooked up to the ACA1232 only works if parallel port pin 7 (data bit 5) is held low, this gives 0xDF when reading the parallel port.

First I was thinking that it was some code in the kickstart checking for data pins held low on the parallel port during boot, but after searching around it started to seem more like the ACA1232 board (acatune) detecting the parallel port, specifically looking for a JTAG connector there, the pin then would be TCK signal according to some old Buddha JTAG instructions I found.

This is just speculation, but think I might have activated some debug mode for the ACA1232 by accident by having the serial RS-232 cable in the parallel port, and this is the only reason the vias marked 'NMI' on the ACA1232 board actually worked. :crazy

I'm assuming the NMI switch problem can be solved by actually soldering diodes to pin 81, 82, 83 with switch towards ground on the expansion connector, but since it was kind of interesting, thought I would share.

modrobert 16 August 2018 10:37

After further research of ACAtune using ReSource, haven't found anything reading the parallel port at ($BFE101) directly, but it could be handled by one of the CPLDs on the ACA1232 and checked during NMI (IRQ 7).

I'm starting to think the reason hrtmon fails without parallel port pin 7 (data bit 5) held low is because a memory region is protected somehow, so when NMI (IRQ 7) is triggered, the CPU jumps to the vector, and tries to unpack hrtmon into write protected memory, or read access to this memory region is somehow limited only during NMI, not sure.

Anyway, the problem is solved, using 1k ohm resistor between parallel port pin 7 (data bit 5) and pin 25 (GND).

d3cka2d3pwood 08 March 2021 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by amigoun (Post 1086578)
Yes, I can :)
Attached. Compiled with the A1200 & IDE HDD flags.

This is ace!

I have an ACA500Plus and has HRTmon 2.36 built in. Although when I press the freezer button IDE is not activated. How can I get this working on the ACA500plus? I have made sure my primary partition is formatted to FFS so HRTmon can pick it up.

Is it a case of using these modules somewhere? Sorry if its a noob question but where do I put these modules?