English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Games (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Seymour goes to hollywood, won't boot (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=61204)

Dreedo 27 September 2011 16:52

Seymour goes to hollywood, won't boot

Hi,

I'm using my A600, to try and play seymour blah blah, but when it boots, the green power light on the A600, goes lighter and darker and screen stays black.

Is it to do with video/audio? My RCA on the 600 recently stopped working (video part of it anyway), so i use a A520 modulator now.

Thanks, that's a lot to write on a 3DS.

FOL 27 September 2011 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreedo (Post 778748)
Hi,

I'm using my A600, to try and play seymour blah blah, but when it boots, the green power light on the A600, goes lighter and darker and screen stays black.

Is it to do with video/audio? My RCA on the 600 recently stopped working (video part of it anyway), so i use a A520 modulator now.

Thanks, that's a lot to write on a 3DS.

More than likely its not compatible with the A600 Kickstart.
It proberly likes 1.3, :).

Flashing Green means its crashed.
Do you get same thing with others?

deicidal 27 September 2011 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOL (Post 778756)
More than likely its not compatible with the A600 Kickstart.
It proberly likes 1.3, :).

Flashing Green means its crashed.
Do you get same thing with others?

Just had a very quick look and it does indeed crash at the cracktro on the a600, you could try relokick that may solve your problem.

Dreedo 27 September 2011 17:35

Its the first time its happened to me, and i've tried about 40 games on my A600.

It didn't come out until the early 90's, so isn't that a bit odd that it doesn't like 2.0?

Admittedly it came out in 1992 in EU on the C64, which is even stranger...

Errmmm, care to enlighten me on Relokick? I've never had a problem with KS before. lol

deicidal 27 September 2011 17:39

Like I said i glanced at it but the problem appears to be at the cracktro could well be down to been single filed, but I haven't the time with my limited knowledge to have a closer look, but I am sure one of the resident experts on this matter would be able to clear the matter up in seconds.

Like I said try it with relokick you never know, but the LSD version I tried under winuae loaded fine a500 ks1.3 but not under a600 ks2.0

Dreedo 27 September 2011 19:05

I do have the LSD version of Seymour goes to hollywood.

Under 2.0 the game crashes before the LSD cracktro appears, on relokick 1.3 it crashes after you get past the cracktro.

In other news, Spy Vs Spy 2 cracktro appears properly under relokick 1.3 but not under 2.0, even though 2.0 will still boot to main menu and play fine, it's just that the cracktro is garbled.

I tried to get SKICK and TUDE running, but i don't handle programs that aren't ADF's very well.