English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Games images which need to be WHDified (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Fruit-Mania (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=31190)

spannernick 22 July 2007 17:50

Fruit-Mania

1 Attachment(s)
Could you make a WHDLoad for this game please..??

Its in the zone now.

spannernick 22 July 2007 19:40

You can boot it from workbench too but you have to restart the amiga to boot the workbench again..:(

Retro-Nerd 22 July 2007 19:51

Wrong forum, spannernick. KG is no WHDLoad slave coder. ;)

spannernick 22 July 2007 19:57

Ok sorry about that.

EDITED..
PLEASE PUT IN THE RIGHT PLACE ANYONE..

Belgarath 22 July 2007 20:17

I'd delete Bippy if I could! ;)

spannernick 22 July 2007 20:38

Is there anyway i can do this,Is there any FAQ on how to do WHDLoad a game..??

Graham Humphrey 22 July 2007 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by spannernick (Post 346062)
Is there anyway i can do this,Is there any FAQ on how to do WHDLoad a game..??

I think you need a pretty good knowledge of assembly language, though if you've got some know-how I'm pretty sure Codetapper's written a tutorial or two before?

Anyway, whoever moved this thread... surely this is still in the wrong forum, I would have thought it belongs in "Games which need to be WHDified" or whatever it's called?

BippyM 22 July 2007 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belgarath (Post 346055)
I'd delete Bippy if I could! ;)

??

spannernick 22 July 2007 21:46

I asked if you could delete this but its ok now and that what he said..;)

spannernick 22 July 2007 21:49

Has anyone played this game yet,Its good..:)
??

BippyM 22 July 2007 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by spannernick (Post 346083)
I asked if you could delete this but its ok now and that what he said..;)

I deleted the other and moved this because there were replies in this thread :D

spannernick 22 July 2007 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by bippym (Post 346087)
I deleted the other and moved this because there were replies in this thread :D

Is it possible for you to move this to "Games images which need to be WHDified"..?

BippyM 22 July 2007 22:17

done.. I thought I had... tiredness :lol (well that's my excuse recently)

spannernick 22 July 2007 22:49

Thanks,Now go and have a cup of T..;)

spannernick 23 July 2007 17:32

Well back to the qustion..;)

You can see all the files on the disk and copy it to the hard drive and run it from there but you have to reset the amiga to go back to workbench so it look like its not copy protected..

spannernick 24 July 2007 17:30

Can anyone help me do this myself,I am allways happy to learn new things to do with the amiga and maybe give something back to the amiga community..??

DrBong 25 July 2007 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by spannernick (Post 346242)
Well back to the qustion..;)

You can see all the files on the disk and copy it to the hard drive and run it from there but you have to reset the amiga to go back to workbench so it look like its not copy protected..

Find a WHDLoad version of Fruit-Mania in the Zone. It uses a generic slave, which means that it isn't specifically tailored to the game and may or may not work on your particular Amiga configuration. It also means that it is an UNOFFICIAL patch and therefore is not supported by the WHDLoad team, so DO NOT send bug reports to them (or me for that matter, as I didn't contribute any ASM coding toward this patch).

You will need 0.5 MB ChipMem and at least 0.5 MB OtherMem. It requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image (don't request it on EAB if you don't have it; it can be easily found using a search engine if necessary).
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and must be named "kick34005.A500". Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same directory as the Kickstart image. It can be found in the archive "util/boot/skick345.lha" on Aminet.

Everything in the game worked fine for me in my brief tests on A4000/060 except saving high scores (unsupported as a generic slave is used), but there are no guarantees on other Amiga configurations. I've set some basic WHD tooltypes to try and cater across the board for different Ami configs. I suggest you play around with those if you experience problems getting the game to work.

Good luck! Let us know how you go.......

spannernick 25 July 2007 19:37

Thanks for that,I let you know how it gose...:)

spannernick 02 August 2007 13:48

Well it works in WinUAE but not on my A1200,starts to boot then there is just a blue screen and thats it,maybe it because i need more ram,i only have 2mb at the moment..??

DrBong 05 August 2007 16:29

Try the version I've upped to the Zone. It includes another generic slave (which I've set as a default slave) that should require only about 1Mb chipram. All you need to do is unpack it and try it on your Ami set-up. If it doesn't work straight off, then play around with the tooltypes (e.g. NOCACHE). Let me know how you go.....