English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Another Jet Set Willy game (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=29559)

Hungry Horace 03 May 2007 18:52

Another Jet Set Willy game

right, ive found another Jet Set Willy game for the amiga... one which i have never seen do the rounds, so i made an ADF of it (it was on an old HD) and upped it to the Zone for anyone interested.

it's simply entitled " Jet Set Willy 3" ... i guess the author didnt know about the unoffical speccy sequels at the time.

i think its not bad. It's an AMOS game, and there are a couple of bugs i've found, and to the hard-core JSW players out there its probably a triffle easy, but i dont think its badly done myself.

Upped to The Zone for all to enjoy!

(i will try to find the CD which i think had the original disk image on it, though no guarentees there)

alexh 03 May 2007 19:24

I like the Atari ST version of JSW best :)

The programmers were NUTS!

Quote:

First of all, we disassembled the original Z80 code and reverse engineered it into C. We had no physical link between the computers - the disassembled code was listed on the Spectrum screen, and entered into the Atari by hand! Each screen's data was dumped as hex, and dictated to a typist who entered it into struct { } statements in the C program.

Graham Humphrey 03 May 2007 19:32

There are a couple of other good ones on the Amiga - Jet Set Willy 97 and Willy's Weirdy Nightmare are really good.

Hungry Horace 03 May 2007 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey
There are a couple of other good ones on the Amiga - Jet Set Willy 97 and Willy's Weirdy Nightmare are really good.

i hope u liked the music on JSW97.... -ahem- ;)

game-speed is all over the shop on different machines though. JSW3 seems to be consistant however.

Graham Humphrey 03 May 2007 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hungry Horace
i hope u liked the music on JSW97.... -ahem- ;)

Nah it was rubbish :D

Hungry Horace 03 May 2007 20:01

Quote:

Nah it was rubbish :D

bastardo!!

joking aside, i also found a few other the other JSW remixes i did around that time on the same HD.

"If i was a Rich Prick..."
"JSW Goes to Hell"

although atm i cant find the Manic Miner titles tune remix (sure i have it though) but fear i have lost my Moonlight Sonata remix forever :(

will upload if anyone is interested. they were intended for a JSW97 sequel as i recall.

whitegiant89 04 May 2007 00:44

JSW remixes

I'd like a listen to that music if you can upload it. any one have a adf of JSW97? I'v been out of the amiga loop for so long i'v missed a heapo of good games by the sound of it.

Graham Humphrey 04 May 2007 10:14

I wouldn't mind listening to that music either. Also, do you have the registered version of JSW 97 (the one that allows you to save)? If you do would you mind putting that in the Zone as well please?

Hungry Horace 04 May 2007 13:06

have upload to the Zone, the remixes - i even found the moonlite sonata one when i searched for the registered JSW97!... although there is a bit i did not think sounded right on Deliplayer, i also believe it to be the "lower quality sample version".... in fact, most of them seem to be this.

Have also upped a zip of the installed folder of JSW97 i have... which appears to include a save, and the registration file.

as a bonus, it seems "jsw97.amos" is in there too. The source code to the game.

maybe someone could fix the speed issues??

@whitegiant89

if you want it, im sure an ADF could be sorted for you. would only mean dropping in the files from the archive, and a couple of librarys.... and a startup sequence.

Graham Humphrey 04 May 2007 13:19

Cheers for uploading all this! :great

Hungry Horace 04 May 2007 13:28

i've just looked at the source, and realised it uses a replacement titles music file (compared with the aminet version) - something which i had taken out of the Zip.

i've re-added it, and re-uploaded. sorry!

Graham Humphrey 04 May 2007 22:37

Lucky I didn't download it earlier then :)

Thanks!

Hungry Horace 06 May 2007 02:51

Quote:

Lucky I didn't download it earlier then :)

Thanks!

no probs.

as a fan of JSW games like myself, i'd like to know what you (or anyone else) thinks of this JSW3.

as i said before, i actaully think its pretty good.... though i'd like to know if anyone else foudn the glaring bugs as easily as i did!

Graham Humphrey 06 May 2007 16:15

I think it's pretty good fun, though haven't got off level 1 yet :)

I haven't found any bugs as such yet, though it was being a bit erratic when I tried running it off my HD (or even from floppy from Workbench) - sometimes it would work and other times it crashed (one time the colour palette got messed up, strangely). Seems to work fine booting directly from floppy though.

whitegiant89 07 May 2007 11:47

Hungry Horace, thanks for the music upload

s2325 30 September 2014 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey (Post 322649)

longplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1EvkVvvyDg

s2325 01 September 2015 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey (Post 322649)

Jet Set Willy 97 longplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajpY1t-RWzU