English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   help sound 4 channels (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=29064)

turrican3 06 April 2007 20:01

help sound 4 channels

hello everybody, I find that winuae is super and still thank Toni for his work. I have a full 5.1 system. But I always have a problem since the verion 1.3.4 and like with latest versions, the option 4 channels do not function well anymore, it miss the half of the channels. With the version 1.3.3 the 4 channels option works very well the 4 channels are used. Toni please help.

Ultron 07 April 2007 00:31

It's working fine here with the latest versions. Running WinUAE with logging on (Option panel->Misc->Logging), and attaching to your post Winuae.log and bootlog files would probably help telling where the problem comes from and what it might be.

I'd probably open the soundcard panel, and with WinUAE running and it's sound playing, try to tweak windows side settings and see if it starts working. Mine's kinda weird too, not WinUAE related, but when i turn 4 channels or 5.1 it's ok, when i set 2 it doesnt play any sound, set it to headphones mode and it does. It's weird and borderline random.

turrican3 07 April 2007 02:53

I tried but nothing happened

Thank you for your help. I tried to do what you said but nothing happen. But what it strange: all work fine with the version 1.3.3. i can use the 4 channels option in winuae control panel. But when i do it with the next versions only 2 channels. I changed nothing, i try with the old 1.3.3 version all is ok and just after i try with newer one just the half of the music then i don't think i made something wrong. when i comeback to the 1.3.3,the 4 channels option works fine. perhaps this is a bug of winuae (in the later versions) or an incompatibility with my sound system, I will try to put the files logs later. ps:Sorry for my bad english and thank you again

turrican3 07 April 2007 12:36

I did a test with an installation(1.4.1) from the scratch, default config and deleted regiter entry. Result????
Always the same problem!!!!!

Toni Wilen 07 April 2007 13:20

Already discussed during 1.3.x betas. Newer DSound SDK libraries does something differently, seems to be very driver specific problem. ("unfortunately" it works fine here)

turrican3 07 April 2007 14:32

Thanks for your reply Toni,
but perhaps somebody can advise me a good new compatible soundcard or a good driver for my soundbaster live!5.1.
I think this is the last solutions.

Toni Wilen 07 April 2007 17:54

It will be solved in WinUAE in future by using real 5.1 stream (which is apparently guaranteed to work with 6+ channel sound cards) instead of 4.0 stream.

turrican3 07 April 2007 18:01

really thank you :great:lol:cheese
:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown
:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

Toni Wilen 08 April 2007 14:47

Cloned Stereo in 5.1 and 4 Channel in 5.1 -options will appear in next beta. (later today or tomorrow) + interpolation&filter support in 4ch and 6ch.

turrican3 08 April 2007 15:17

:shocked:shocked:bowdown:bowdown:D:D:)
All my problems will gone!!!!!!!!
A dream comes true, i can't wait!!!!!!!

Toni Wilen 09 April 2007 12:02

Please confirm if beta6 fixes the problem. Remember to select "5.1" 4 channels mode.

turrican3 09 April 2007 14:49

:agree I just tested it 2 minutes and it seems to work like a charm,:D
Really thank you. :bowdown
I will test more this evening

turrican3 09 April 2007 22:10

Sorry but i tested the options 4 channels and 4 channels 5.1 and it doesn't work, i havn't all the channels yet. I did a too fast test before, sorry. Is it impossible to come back to sound system like winuae 1.3.3?? I insist for thi because it's really impressive to enjoy amiga with the 4 channels surrounding, every friend who listen that is impressed.

Toni Wilen 10 April 2007 07:57

"still don't work" is still not a bug report :) winuaelog.txt, please. (with 5.1 selected)

turrican3 10 April 2007 13:46

2 Attachment(s)
Here it is

Mad-Matt 10 April 2007 14:00

2 Attachment(s)
I can confirm that 5.1 isnt working either... still :D

added logs incase of usefulness. all i did was run usual os39hd, and launch pinballdreamswhd. 2 channels missing and no output at rear.

4 channel 5.1 selected. Creative EAX and CMSS Dissabled.

Toni Wilen 10 April 2007 14:12

Weird. Driver accepts 5.1 mode but for some reason it ignores all channels except front left and front right. Confusing...

Perhaps first open that fails confuses the driver? (WinUAE first tries "generic" 4 or 6 channel mode before it tries "extended" 4/6 channel mode). I'll post some test versions later today.

Toni Wilen 10 April 2007 16:59

Do you have 7.1 sound card? Do you hear missing channels if you switch rear speaker output to side speaker output? (or vice versa, not sure how they are labeled in 7.1)

I just noticed something possible stupid in ksmedia.h header file, there are two different 5.1 speaker settings, obsolete and XPSP2+ version. Only difference: rear speakers are replaced with side speakers..

Includes interesting comment:

// The following are obsolete 5.1 and 7.1 settings (they lack side speakers). Note this means
// that the default 5.1 and 7.1 settings (KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_5POINT1 and KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_7POINT1 are
// similarly obsolete but are unchanged for compatibility reasons).

turrican3 10 April 2007 17:19

sorry but i have just a 5.1 soundcard soundblaster live!

Toni Wilen 10 April 2007 17:47

Temporary beta: http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip (rear speaker flags changed to "new" settings)