English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.Amiga Game Factory (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   RESHOOT PROXIMA III – New game from the RESHOOT R guys (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=99325)

buzzybee 23 October 2019 09:18

RESHOOT PROXIMA III – New game from the RESHOOT R guys

http://www.richard-loewenstein.de/pi...irstscreen.png

A few days ago, the Amiga34 gathering saw the debut of a new Amiga game called RESHOOT PROXIMA III. Thought it´d be time to open a new game thread.

It´s a vertical shoot´em-up from spieleschreiber, creator of RESHOOT R. Some main features:
  • Inspired by "Hybris" and "Truxton"
  • Combines slick presentation and arcade-quality gameplay
  • Diversified attack waves
  • Extra weapons system
  • Carefully balanced difficulty curves for beginners and pros
  • Global highscore table
  • Project Lead, Design, Coding, Production by Richard Löwenstein (RESHOOT R, North Sea Inferno and more)
  • Design and Pixels by Kevin Saunders (RESHOOT R, Rygar and more)
  • Music and Sound-FX by Scenemusicians Bernd "Dascon" Hoffmann und Jochen "Virgill" Feldkötter
  • Runs on basic A1200, A4000 and CD32, Vampire, and any compatible AMIGA-emulator (Windows, Mac, Linux and more)

Check out a game video from Amiga34, which shows a first tech demo:
https://youtu.be/bS-FcIdaqzk

The game is in development since 31st of july 2019 and should be released in 2020.

RESHOOT PROXIMA III is based on Kevins project PROXIMA III – Red Dwarf Star. Kevin is working on concept and pixels since 2016, and now his ideas and mockup screenshots are finally becoming a playable game. The game is based on tech I developed for RESHOOT R. I modify the engine to support vertical scrolling, more objects and many more new details. Adjustable difficulty, for example.

We are striving to make RESHOOT PROXIMA III one of the most entertaining shmup experiences on the Amiga ever. The game is in very early state right now and will change dramatically from what you can see now. I will occassionally post updates in this thread, and – I suppose – so will Kevin, as he is a more regular visitor and contributor here than I am. We are very much looking forward to your comments, suggestions and contributions, if you feel like it.

If you want to know more, get regular updates and actively support the development process, please visit our Patreon websites and donate:

Richard Loewenstein
Kevin Saunders

Your support is very important and helps us create the best possible Amiga experience. Deeply appreciated!

vulture 23 October 2019 10:06

I'm very much looking forward to this one!
Two things I'd like to see:
1. Two player mode
2. Diversified weapon upgrade paths (spreads, concentrated, homing etc) and powerups (smart-bombs too)

Retro-Nerd 23 October 2019 12:13

And NO Techno ingame music!!!!!!!!!!

vulture 23 October 2019 12:28

Oh yeah, and MORE techno in-game music plz! :D

Tigerskunk 23 October 2019 12:46

Anecdotal evidence:
I got a lot of comments on the A34, that people liked that the track playing on Inviyya was "Amiga tracker music", and not Techno or Drum and Bass.

I don't have any preference for either, but I can understand that opinion.

vulture 23 October 2019 13:00

Tbh, I'm good for any type of music as long as it's good and fitting. Reshoot-R's is both, so :great

buzzybee 23 October 2019 13:53

The guys behind the music really know their stuff, have been doing music for Amiga demos many, many years. They have around 512 KB to fill with just samples and soundtracker stuff, so the technical quality should not be questionable.

The beats per minute will fit the speed of gameplay. So expect something fast! If you actually play, the booms and explosions should drown the music anyway. :-)

Retro-Nerd 23 October 2019 13:58

As long as we can disable this ermm... "music" everthing's fine. :D

Gzegzolka 23 October 2019 14:05

That's look awesome :) by the way there is still tons of stuff to improve like You still fight only one type of enemy at same time. lacks of ground target, enemy bullets etc.

Retro-Nerd 23 October 2019 14:08

I hope you take a good look at the best PC-Engine vertical shooters. There you get the feeling what's really important, gameplay-wise. :)

Gzegzolka 23 October 2019 14:13

Same stuff can be told about CAVE shmups from arcades, they got nice mix of different enemy types, different sizes, hitpoints, different attack patters, interesting stages with nice landmarks, catchy music, hard but fair difficulity and bombs to clear screen etc etc etc :)

Predseda 23 October 2019 14:14

...while the best one is still Deluxe Galaga :)

buzzybee 23 October 2019 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd (Post 1353570)
I hope you take a good look at the best PC-Engine vertical shooters. There you get the feeling what's really important, gameplay-wise. :)

I will take a good look at Truxton. What else should I watch out – Gunhed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gzegzolka (Post 1353568)
That's look awesome :) by the way there is still tons of stuff to improve like You still fight only one type of enemy at same time. lacks of ground target, enemy bullets etc.

What you see in the video is just a quick tech-demo put together within two months after development startet. All these attack types are implemented in RESHOOT R already, so there is absolutely no reason to not have them in RESHOOT PROXIMA III

roondar 23 October 2019 14:24

Blazing Lasers is also pretty good on the PC-Engine. One of the better ones, IMHO.

Retro-Nerd 23 October 2019 14:26

Yeah, Gunhed/Blazing Lazers is pretty good (a shooter by Compile, the shmups gods). But Soldier Blade is probably the best on HuCard. Spriggan is one of the best PCE-CD shooters, worth a look too.

Predseda 23 October 2019 14:26

BTW those skeletal backgrounds are pretty creepy. I love them!

wairnair 25 October 2019 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predseda (Post 1353573)

In terms of upgrades, shopping, powerups and gameplay I definitely agree, not so much in the audio/gfx department.
Would be cool to see some of its strong sides incorporated into a modern game :)

Also, Banshee AGA is absolutely brilliant. Never slows down, beautiful graphics, variety, even better in 2 player mode. Maybe some of that too.

Definitely going to purchase a physical copy like I did with Reshoot R.

quantum8 25 October 2019 14:24

Great news. Good to see so many quality titles coming out!

trydowave 25 October 2019 22:00

looking forward to it but this time round can we have different music per level and boss themes? looks great btw.

Hewitson 25 October 2019 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predseda (Post 1353573)

Surely you're joking... Check out some of the Cave shooters. Esp Ra De, Dangun Feveron, etc.