English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   WinUAE 4.9.0 beta series (Was 4.5.0) (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=104099)

Toni Wilen 21 July 2021 18:47

Does https://download.abime.net/winuae/files/b/winuae.7z fix Picasso96 crash? (if it does not, don't attach dump files, they aren't useful with unofficial betas).
It also should fix light gun alignment. Please confirm.

Toni Wilen 21 July 2021 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldmomo (Post 1496911)
Hello,

I have some glitches with Beta 24 when a 68030 and MMU on or EC mode is selected (OCS, cycle exact). Problem occurs with some tests that use COPJMP1 / 2. Issue does not happen on 4.4.0 and Amiga 500 with 68030 (cannot rule out that my code is wrong).

Does it happen even when running without startup-sequence or only if MMU is active? (for example mmulib has been loaded)

Viceroy 21 July 2021 20:45

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Toni

RTG: tested 5 out of the 60 x RTG games in DamienD's collection; all are still crashing when switching to an RTG display. Logs attached. Do you want a .HDF and configuration file to test with?

ALG: tested all 4 x ALG games; DamienD's configured .NVR files are now working perfectly again. Many thanks for fixing this.

Sound: any suggestions on why the sound sometimes has slight pops, cracks etc. and isn't crisp. I've been using WinUAE for over a decade and this is the first time I've had any issue. Do you need logs?

Cheers Viceroy

Toni Wilen 21 July 2021 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viceroy (Post 1497001)
Hi Toni
RTG: tested 5 out of the 60 x RTG games in DamienD's collection; all are still crashing when switching to an RTG display. Logs attached. Do you want a .HDF and configuration file to test with?

I guess both are needed. I simply can't duplicate this.

Quote:

Sound: any suggestions on why the sound sometimes has slight pops, cracks etc. and isn't crisp. I've been using WinUAE for over a decade and this is the first time I've had any issue. Do you need logs?
Later, only after all the updates are finally working.

FreakyDan 21 July 2021 21:20

I also have had problem with RTG begining with Beta23.
In beta23 RTG hanged with DirectX11, only DirectX9 worked.

Beta 24 crashes to desktop with both DirectX9 and 11

Viceroy 21 July 2021 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1497005)
I guess both are needed. I simply can't duplicate this.

Later, only after all the updates are finally working.

Thank you Toni ;-)

goldmomo 21 July 2021 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1496987)
Does it happen even when running without startup-sequence or only if MMU is active? (for example mmulib has been loaded)

Hello Toni,
It’s occurred without startup-sequence. Copied test to adf (no startup-sequence) and boot with kickstart 1.3 (68030 + MMU/EC), but the glitch seems more static. With my WB setup (use mmu.library and muforce stuff) it’s happens more frequently.

rutra80 22 July 2021 01:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1496985)
Does https://download.abime.net/winuae/files/b/winuae.7z fix Picasso96 crash? (if it does not, don't attach dump files, they aren't useful with unofficial betas).
It also should fix light gun alignment. Please confirm.

Nope, all P96 problems remain here.
Also, stock 3.2 with P96 now has bad scaling, so I'd say it's a regression.

Toni Wilen 22 July 2021 08:49

Crash hopefully is fixed now (winuae.7z updated, make sure it is today's build). I managed to duplicate it but only in fullscreen (always mention if it is fullscreen only, please).

What do you mean by "bad scaling"? It does not really tell much.

FreakyDan 22 July 2021 10:42

Latest winuae.7z doesnt fix it for me, but you are right. It only happens in fullscreen mode.
Both native and RTG must be set to window mode, or else crash

Toni Wilen 22 July 2021 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreakyDan (Post 1497108)
Latest winuae.7z doesnt fix it for me, but you are right. It only happens in fullscreen mode.
Both native and RTG must be set to window mode, or else crash

Did you check it is today's build? Cached files are very common if you have already downloaded it recently.

FreakyDan 22 July 2021 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1497112)
Did you check it is today's build? Cached files are very common if you have already downloaded it recently.

Yes, todays date on the file.

Toni Wilen 22 July 2021 11:43

Does it work if you switch to D3D9 or disable misc panel on screen leds? (D3D11 OSD seems to have memory overflow in some situations)

EDIT: one more weird fullscreen behavior found, debugging..

Toni Wilen 22 July 2021 12:46

Ok, now it should work. Fixed:
- D3D11 OSD crash (D3D9 worked) if display moved monitors and they had different DPI.
- Weird scaling when switching RTG modes. (introduced in recent beta)
- RTG crash in full screen.
- Chipset buffer overflow in some non-PAL/NTSC modes (buffer size was not updated when vertical "wraparound" support was added)

hexaae 22 July 2021 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1497126)
- D3D11 OSD crash (D3D9 worked) if display moved monitors and they had different DPI.
- Chipset buffer overflow in some non-PAL/NTSC modes (buffer size was not updated when vertical "wraparound" support was added)

Yeah! Finally working fine also on my sys with P96 RTG WB... (I had black screen freezes).
EDIT: argh, crashed quitting a WHDLoad game (native mode fullscreen -> WB RTG fullwindow). Will add dumps... wait

I have no crashdump: it just shows blackscreen and silently quits the emulator.
Log: https://pastebin.com/BX8et3qY
Cfg: as always see my signature for my current cfg
JIT On at Workbench

EDIT2: tested with JIT always Off even at WB, and still happened launching a pair of times Shadow of the Beast WHDLoad and quitting to WB.

Toni Wilen 22 July 2021 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by hexaae (Post 1497135)
Yeah! Finally working fine also on my sys with P96 RTG WB... (I had black screen freezes).
EDIT: argh, crashed quitting a WHDLoad game (native mode fullscreen -> WB RTG fullwindow). Will add dumps... wait

I have no crashdump: it just shows blackscreen and silently quits the emulator.
Log: https://pastebin.com/BX8et3qY
Cfg: as always see my signature for my current cfg
JIT On at Workbench

EDIT2: tested with JIT always Off even at WB, and still happened launching a pair of times Shadow of the Beast WHDLoad and quitting to WB.

Dumps would have been useless anyway..
Include -logflush to command line, without it last few lines of log will be lost.

Same in D3D9 and D3D11 mode? In normal windowed mode?
Reduce both VRAM and Z3 RAM to 128M or so. 1G total might cause side-effects when running non-64bit version. (Quitting silently usually is either stack overflow or running out of RAM)

hexaae 22 July 2021 15:41

I used:
winuae.exe -log -logflush -full

Ok... tested DX9 and set Native mode: windowed + RTG: full window, RAM: 128MB, RTG: 128MB, still the same: I run Beast WHD, black screen/window (can't understand if game freezed or is just loading forever after 30 secs...), I quit back to WB with F10 without further issues... If I repeat this 2-3 times at last I see a black (full)screen even with Native:windowed, and after a bunch of seconds emu silently quits...

P.S. Beast works fine of course and loads instantly with good old 4.5.0b16 x64 (2021.01.23)...

Viceroy 22 July 2021 18:15

All with RTG is now working again and thank you Toni, Well Done!

hexaae 22 July 2021 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viceroy (Post 1497186)
All with RTG is now working again and thank you Toni, Well Done!

What RTG do you use?
Here is very unstable (black screen and emu quits) with RTG UAE-Z3 (I use P96 with AmigaOS) after it quits from WHDLoad games and has to go back to RTG WB.

This is interesting: I tried also non-WHD games (opening their own NTSC or PAL screen) and they work fine instead all the time after I quit and go back to RTG WB. Seems to affect WHDLoad games only... mmmh

rutra80 22 July 2021 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1497126)

Yes I can confirm everything seems to be back in order here now : )