English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.Apps (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   BBS:s (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=45004)

Wiking67 26 May 2009 17:50

BBS:s

Looking for Ami-x, Excelsior, Xenolink, Zeus, Tempest or any other if anyone have.Trying to get all bbs's to the amiga

Thanks

vk3heg 27 May 2009 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiking67 (Post 552207)
Looking for DLG Or Ami-x if anyone have. --->

Thanks

DLG has been zoned!

I even have (pc mangled) source.. It's to big for the zone though.

medic 06 March 2010 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiking67 (Post 552207)
Looking for Ami-x, Excelsior, Xenolink, Zeus, Tempest or any other if anyone have.Trying to get all bbs's to the amiga

Thanks

Blimey,

i used to run a BBS up near manchester with Xenolink, brings back many memories... except the bloody BBS name :(

i know, i know, it sounds like rubbish, but hey, when you get old you'll start to lose your memories too :(

desiv 06 March 2010 20:04

I remember when I ran my BBS (Buccaneer's Den.. I know, it sounded kual at the time. ;-), I bought (registered?) a BBS package called TransAmiga.. Catchy name.. :-)

It supported multiple lines, though I only had the one serial port, but I could also log in locally so it was almost like I had a 2 line BBS.. :-)

Ahhh, the good old days..

desiv

medic 07 March 2010 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by desiv (Post 649262)
I remember when I ran my BBS (Buccaneer's Den.. I know, it sounded kual at the time. ;-), I bought (registered?) a BBS package called TransAmiga.. Catchy name.. :-)

It supported multiple lines, though I only had the one serial port, but I could also log in locally so it was almost like I had a 2 line BBS.. :-)

Ahhh, the good old days..

desiv

ahh, the good old days indeed,

Xenolink used to support multiple lines, we even set it up to look exactly lieke ami-x so that uploaders could find the section they wanted as we got moaned at because they had to look at first...

but we couldn't afford another telephone line never mind another modem :(

i remember buying 2 16.8k USR's direct from the states for $1,000, yes, that's not a mistype they were $510 each.
oh the good old days ;)

r6stu 08 March 2010 23:39

I used SamsBBS? Or Maxxs BBS? cant remember what now.

Was great Called it "AmgaForever BBS" (Should Sue Colanto)

Usng a 33.6modem at 1st and the a 56k one later on./

BippyM 09 March 2010 00:32

I used Maxs BBS.. there is a thread somewhere with some screens of my bbs...

ck16 11 March 2010 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by vk3heg (Post 552536)
DLG has been zoned!

I even have (pc mangled) source.. It's to big for the zone though.

Howdy,

Any chance of throwing DLG back online?

Thanks heaps!

Cheers,
Chris
:)

hit 13 March 2010 01:39

i found 2 different archive-sets of DLG - both have problems with disk #1 (only tested using xdms on a linux box).
maybe only some minor errors which can be repaired using DiskSalv.
take a look into the zone.

found them in BoonDox and BoilerRoom archive (both on eab fileserver)

prowler 13 March 2010 01:48

Hi hit,

Thanks for the uploads. :great

I have some experience of fixing DMS disk images. If I get time over the weekend, I'll take a look at them. :)

hit 13 March 2010 02:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by prowler (Post 651328)
Hi hit,

Thanks for the uploads. :great

I have some experience of fixing DMS disk images. If I get time over the weekend, I'll take a look at them. :)

sounds good, thanks :)

prowler 13 March 2010 21:00

I've uploaded to the Zone a set of valid .ADF images of the DLG and DLGPRO BBS software derived from the .DMS images uploaded yesterday by hit. :)

hit 13 March 2010 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by prowler (Post 651505)
I've uploaded to the Zone a set of valid .ADF images of the DLG and DLGPRO BBS software derived from the .DMS images uploaded yesterday by hit. :)

thanks for repairing them! i removed my files, so there wont be any confusion :)

ck16 14 March 2010 09:42

Howdy,

I've also uploaded DLG.zip to The Zone. It contains the DLG install and source code as provided by the author, Jeff Grimmett.

The file came from a gentleman by the name of Duce on AmigaWorld.org.

Cheers,
ck16

hit 19 March 2010 19:53

thnx ck16 :)

Korodny 15 October 2010 06:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ck16 (Post 651617)
Howdy,

I've also uploaded DLG.zip to The Zone. It contains the DLG install and source code as provided by the author, Jeff Grimmett.

Could somebody reupload this, please?

The package (or rather its content, which seems to be six individual lha archives) has been uploaded to Aminet. five of the archives are now online, but the last one (containing the sources) seems to be corrupt.

It would be nice if someone could supply the missing sources archive, by uploading it either to the zone or to Aminet (no readme neccessary).

Wiking67 15 October 2010 13:59

in the zone

Korodny 15 October 2010 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiking67 (Post 708615)
in the zone

Thanks a lot!