English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.WHDLoad (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Cool Spot & Global Gladiators not working on CD32? (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=62442)

Whitesnake 30 December 2011 06:06

Cool Spot & Global Gladiators not working on CD32?
 
Hi Folks

Has anyone been able to get these games working on a standard CD32?

I've tried countless times and many WHDLoad parameters and had no success.

even under an emulated CD32 they don't seem to work.

I get this screen on a real CD32 for both games, They are the only two games I've ever seen do this.
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1...lspotcrash.jpg

Galahad/FLT 30 December 2011 11:15

Thats a disk error screen if my memory serves me right, it might be a random disk access that hasn't been removed so bugs out on the CD32.

Whitesnake 30 December 2011 19:35

Thanks for the insight bud. :)

I did notice on the readme file for Bored Seals' Global Gladiators slave
he thanks Mr. Larmer for his Cool Spot install.
http://www.whdload.de/games/GlobalGladiators.html

I guess that suggests they are maybe using similar code, causing the same error?

I haven't seen Bored Seal around in a while and Mr Larmer is no longer here
so I guess it is going to be a while until someone updates these slaves.

SolderPCB 06 October 2013 15:20

Has there been a patch fix for these games??

I have the same problem too also on my 2mb CDTV.

Maybe the patch for them are quite very old now and need updated.

Sandro 07 October 2013 00:40

The CD32 is an inferno with A500 games compatibility
I had one long time ago and I sold it quickly because of that
lot of A500 games that works perfect on the A1200 fails on the CD32 and there is no solution
THe best for games is the A1200 + 020 +fast mem or 030 or the A4000/030

Whitesnake 08 October 2013 03:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandro (Post 915261)
The CD32 is an inferno with A500 games compatibility
I had one long time ago and I sold it quickly because of that
lot of A500 games that works perfect on the A1200 fails on the CD32 and there is no solution
THe best for games is the A1200 + 020 +fast mem or 030 or the A4000/030

That doesn't make much sense to me? Especially when we are talking about WHDLoad which essentially provides compatibility.

Another user mentioned a CDTV which would be considered an A500 with CD Drive and the problem still exists.

I think what Galahad said could be close to what is happening or maybe it is a quirky problem due to the data disk images being broken up while it is being read from the CD and loaded into the RAM.

I suspect when both slaves are rewritten one day the problem will most likely fix itself. I've only experienced it with these two specific games and I have tested over 500 different games at least.

Sandro 08 October 2013 05:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 915451)
That doesn't make much sense to me? Especially when we are talking about WHDLoad which essentially provides compatibility.

Another user mentioned a CDTV which would be considered an A500 with CD Drive and the problem still exists.

I think what Galahad said could be close to what is happening or maybe it is a quirky problem due to the data disk images being broken up while with is being read from the CD and loaded into the RAM.

I suspect when both slaves are rewritten one day the problem will most likely fix itself. I've only experienced it with these two specific games and I have tested over 500 different games at least.

whdload or floppy some games do not works on the cd32 for unknown reasons
I just tried cool spot using cd32 emulation on winuae,(floppy original version) it doesn't work,intro start without the noise when the hero is cleaning his glasses,menu works but I press start and nothing happens

SolderPCB 15 September 2015 16:43

Was this problem ever resolved? I tried the latest whdload and they still both crash on a CD32 :sad

Codetapper 15 September 2015 20:47

Psygore has been working on a couple of patches of John Twiddy games, and I believe he found (and has fixed) the problem with both Putty Squad and Aladdin CD32. It's quite likely the same code is in those other 2 games too as Twiddy reused a fair bit of code each time.

SolderPCB 26 September 2015 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codetapper (Post 1041460)
Psygore has been working on a couple of patches of John Twiddy games, and I believe he found (and has fixed) the problem with both Putty Squad and Aladdin CD32. It's quite likely the same code is in those other 2 games too as Twiddy reused a fair bit of code each time.

Thanks for response :)

Will there be new working adf cracked versions for people using a gotek etc? :agree


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:00.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Page generated in 0.08711 seconds with 11 queries