English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.EAB (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I resign... (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=97355)

DamienD 12 May 2019 22:25

I resign...

Already posted this in the "private : Global Moderators Forum" and "private : Moderators Forum" sections...

...but thought I should also announce it here to make it official.

I know I haven't been the best moderator at times but... it's not an easy job.

Looking forward to becoming a "normal" member again where I don't have to worry about / deal with daily various tasks ;)

...just waiting for RCK to make this happen.

Viceroy 12 May 2019 22:28

Keep the faith!

Galahad/FLT 12 May 2019 22:41

That seems..... sudden

DamienD 12 May 2019 22:44

No not really... as I posted in the Moderator section / thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1320916)
...but to be honest, I'm quite exhausted with moderating EAB over the past 4 years solid; I'm doing 14 hour days, yes voluntarily, as well as my hectic usual job / hobbies / interests.

Let's be honest; I really haven't had that not much help from other GMs / Mods over that period so, even though there's been new recruits... up to you guys now.

It doesn't mean I'm leaving EAB; just that I don't have to deal with the daily shit.

I'll be a normal member again with no responsibility / accountability; like most of you so can enjoy my hobby ;)

jotd 12 May 2019 22:49

your choice (from moderator to moderator https://stackoverflow.com/users/6451...re?tab=profile :cool I understand that fighting spam & nonsense + other janitorial work for 4 years can get to you).

As long as you stay on this forum, this is still cool.

Gordon 12 May 2019 22:52

I didn’t always agree with your methods but appreciated the difficulty of doing it .

I look forward to telling you to eff off without getting banned. Only joking. Welcome back to the norms.

roondar 12 May 2019 23:00

Thanks for being a moderator for so long. It's not always the nicest of jobs and you did it for free. Hence: thanks :)

Predseda 12 May 2019 23:06

I always adored your posts counter :D

DamienD 12 May 2019 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by roondar (Post 1320924)
Thanks for being a moderator for so long. It's not always the nicest of jobs and you did it for free. Hence: thanks :)

Cheers man, it was my second stint after being a GM previously, and then going AWOL from 2009 - 2015...

I can already see new accounts waiting to be verified; but my job is now officially over.

The remaining Moderation Team (particularly GMs) will need to pick this up as I'm done :agree

amigakit.com 12 May 2019 23:21

Sorry to hear that.

Thanks for your great work over the years here. I am sure everyone appreciates it greatly. It’s not easy task.

amigakit.com 12 May 2019 23:50

Well these forums take a lot of effort to keep running, so I am sure the majority here appreciate the work that goes into moderation.

DamienD 12 May 2019 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by amigakit.com (Post 1320930)
I am sure everyone appreciates it greatly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amigakit.com (Post 1320934)
Well these forums take a lot of effort to keep running, so I am sure the majority here appreciate the work that goes into moderation.

I really doubt that!!!

I'm sure in most people's eyes I'm just a dick, due to some things I've had to do in order to keep EAB running as smoothly as possible.

...but hey, whatever.

I don't really care what people think of me these days.

I know who I am and don't need some internet forum to verify ;)

trixster 13 May 2019 00:00

I reckon youve done alright mate :)

Sometimes you have to look after number one.

Ian 13 May 2019 00:19

Good decision, you have felt this way before. Even if it's just a break and you want to come back in the future I'm sure all will be good.

It's a difficult task that we rarely get right for all sides, but it's clear you've had enough of it for now at least.

We will keep this place running.

See you around, normo ;)

Dunny 13 May 2019 00:26

You're one of the good guys, DamienD and your work has been appreciated, if not vocally. All the best!

robinsonb5 13 May 2019 02:01

Thanks for all your efforts - they are appreciated. It's one of those jobs where you don't generally get the thanks you deserve because the real effort's behind-the-scenes and (when it goes right!) invisible to end users. Enjoy returning to normality!

Retro-Nerd 13 May 2019 03:02

You did a good job, Damien. Now enjoy EAB as a normal member. :)

Marchie 13 May 2019 06:06

Thanks for your service. (And congratulations on also being from London/Sydney!)

And now to trolling this forum with impunity... ;)

Gzegzolka 13 May 2019 06:11

Sorry to hear that.

ptyerman 13 May 2019 06:26

I can understand why mate, sure couldn't have been easy.