English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.MAGE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   DamienD's WinUAE Collection (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=90314)

JLPedro 22 January 2018 10:31

2018 is starting really well for us Amiga lovers, first SimonV with is amazing work preserving the full BS1 collection and now DamienD with is Winuae collection :bowdown, I feel spoiled!

Just had time to a quick look and must say I won't change a thing to it, it's perfect for me also, love the screenshots and title screen right next to the games list, just found a hand full of games that I never did bothered to look at, and a few more I didn't even knew about (mostly unreleased stuff) so just for this very good!

Truly apreciated the efort of this and the sharing with us :great

DamienD 22 January 2018 11:19

No problem JLPedro, thanks for your initial feedback :great

Enjoy!!!

Khenemet_Heru 22 January 2018 19:16

Really love this, I had foolishly let my forum account get pruned but then I heard about this and had to re-register to say thanks and beg to check it out!

Mobeous 22 January 2018 19:22

Would love to have a copy of this when you make it available to download. Amiga was my favourite computer of all time. Currently have Amikit installed on my PC and Amiga Forever but this package of yours looks awesome

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Decypher 22 January 2018 19:23

This is really exciting news, I'm looking forward to install your collection DamienD!

Even though I have several collections installed your awesome collection will be my first choice whenever I want to enjoy some good old floppy loading with actual intro/cracktros. Not to mention those custom HDFs :)

Thank you very much for the time you put into this.

DamienD 22 January 2018 19:33

...should have done this in the beginning; 1st post of the thread updated with some images of how things look ;)

@all trying to PM; be pateient, I'm clearing through one at a time :lol

calculon 22 January 2018 19:35

Yeah, me toooooooooooooooo! Give it to papaaaaaaaaaaa! :D

nicksak 22 January 2018 19:35

Long time Amiga fan/owner, first time poster. Thanks DamienD for all your hard work. What a fantastic effort to keep all these wonderful memories alive. Tons of respect.

Viceroy 22 January 2018 20:08

More brilliant amiga news, what a great start to 2018, many thanks DamienD ;-)

Neil79 22 January 2018 20:16

I had a falling out with EAB and yet I bring a flood of new members to the forum..

Such is life eh DamienD ;)

DamienD 22 January 2018 20:18

Guys, please don't fill this thread with:

Trying to PM you but your Inbox is full / how do I get links?

This thread is for thoughts / discussion after you've played around with my collection :agree

Anyway, deleting any posts like that now from the thread.

You know what to do, PM me ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil79 (Post 1213900)
I had a falling out with EAB and yet I bring a flood of new members to the forum..

Such is life eh DamienD

LOL; and making moderation difficult for me as I'm too busy answering PMs ATM :lol

dirkies 22 January 2018 21:09

are you open that I put a mirror on Rapidgator? Coz I'm interested in this too but willing to give some love back to the community :)

DamienD 22 January 2018 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirkies (Post 1213919)
are you open that I put a mirror on Rapidgator? Coz I'm interested in this too but willing to give some love back to the community :)

No, I can't as there are some .IPF files in the collection... same reason why I can't host on the EAB File Server :sad

To anyone that has been given the links, don't post anywhere else. Please respect my request.

seuden 22 January 2018 21:24

Will this run from a removable storage device ie USB or SD Card?

DamienD 22 January 2018 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by seuden (Post 1213929)
Will this run from a removable storage device ie USB or SD Card?

That's a very good question my friend :agree

...just checked the "registry" settings and; as I've used "relative paths"; why yes. Yes it should :great

Also checked my configuration files and they also use "relative paths" for game locations / files, KS ROMs etc.

You will still need to run my "Setup.exe" file and then move "C:\WinUAE" to the desired removable storage device.

Anyway, do test and report back ;)

ronints 22 January 2018 21:45

I am a long time Amiga user, got my Amiga 1000 in 1986, I have most of my collection complete but would love to have access to your collection as it would reduce a lot of the hassle it seems of setting up games etc. Can you please PM me if possible? Regardless you are doing great work for the Amiga community...Thanks

seuden 22 January 2018 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1213934)
That's a very good question my friend :agree

...just checked the "registry" settings and; as I've used "relative paths"; why yes. Yes it should :great

Also checked my configuration files and they also use "relative paths" for game locations / files, KS ROMs etc.

You will still need to run my "Setup.exe" file and then move "C:\WinUAE" to the desired removable storage device.

Anyway, do test and report back ;)

Awesome stuff. Can't wait to get my teeth into this. :great

DamienD 22 January 2018 22:22

...what have I done; shite has gone viral. The Mega.nz severs won't hold up!!! :cheese

I knew sending uber retro blogger Neil79 a copy, as I thought he'd appreciate, was a bad idea. Hahahahaha ;)

Nah, all good. What's the point of doing a project this big and for this long if you are not going to share it with the remaining Amiga community that still matter and keep dreams alive???

...absolutely nothing.

Enjoy and please drop feedback if you can!!! :great

DamienD 22 January 2018 22:29

I've been receiving loads of nice PMs :great

...I'll share one; hope you don't mind Enrico?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enridzz
Ciao DamienD,

this evening my attention was caught by a post in FB on the page "psygnosis-Fanpage" announcing the Damiend's WinUae Collection, so here I am. I'm from Italy, Venice, i'm 46 and I'm in love with everything concerns retro game but expecially Commodore's things, Amiga and c64 most of all. My brother and I spent hours/days of our lives playing dozens of funny, fantastic games and of course now everything that reminds me or may recall that funny period is inside my computer...It's not the same thing, doesn't make me feel the same way, of course, but the GameBase Collection (huge and complete of most the published collections), AmiKit, Amiga Forever (with a Clone copy of my old amiga hdd) gives some fun to me and my three kids, say 2... the older is becoming "too old"...:rolleyes "Unfortunately" my job takes the majority of my time, the remaining is for my family but whenever I can I always try to re organize and then play with my archive, but I thing you did it much better...:great
This long, sorry, presentation is because I would like to ask you if I can be honoured to have the chance, or how to get the chance to download your incredible work and in case, I need to know if I have to keep that only for me, which I suppose the answer is yes.

Thanks for the chance, any answer willl be appreciated, positive or negative.

Thanks a lot,
goodnight,
Enrico

ps. please forgive my english :cheese

zlhysong 22 January 2018 22:32

Joined just to message you. I've been wanting to get into the Amiga more these days, from gaming to developing (just because), so this is a godsend. I PM'd you a bit ago, but thank you for this!