English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   iGame v2 - A well known Amiga game launcher ( New Build! ) (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=94347)

r6stu 22 September 2021 19:46

Hi, for some reason I can only get igame 1.6b running on my system, when I install version 2, and run it, nothing loads.

If I copy over by hand all the old files they run with no issues.

walkero 23 September 2021 12:57

@r6stu
Thank you for this message. Please, install iGame v2 to a different folder than the old one and help me help you run it.

After you install it open a shell into that folder and run iGame from there. If there are libraries missing, you will see some messages there of what exactly needs to be installed.

Also, if this is a problem of missing GuiGfx library, you can disable it from the application tooltypes.

And, finally, try to use snoopdos to figure out if anything is failing.

If you are not that familiar with AmigaOS or how to find missing libraries and how to debug issues, I would recommend you join me at my twitch streams, every Friday at 7:30 CET at https://twitch.tv/walkerogr, or have a look at my previous ones at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...v5z5T6zvaa47U5

Feel free to send here your findings, so for me to help you get it running.

rabidgerry 28 September 2021 13:45

So does anyone know how to stabilize the layout of V2 then? As I posted a while ago, my layout goes all messed up if I don't happen to have artwork installed for a game in the folder. The boxes all shift over to the right and then all I can see is the list of games then in the left hand pane. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

walkero 28 September 2021 14:01

@rabidgerry
if you are using MUI 5, by saving the window size by it's menus it should save the size of the right column. This way it shouldn't change no matter the size of the image.

The other way is to install GuiGfx libraries and set from the preferences a specific size for the screenshots. This should work fine.

rabidgerry 28 September 2021 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkero (Post 1508925)
@rabidgerry
if you are using MUI 5, by saving the window size by it's menus it should save the size of the right column. This way it shouldn't change no matter the size of the image.

The other way is to install GuiGfx libraries and set from the preferences a specific size for the screenshots. This should work fine.

I think I installed GuigFX libraries originally to get this working but I've never toyed with that at all. I will have a rummage around and see if I can find preferences, I only remember adding the library. Not sure MUI I have, I'll need to check that also. I will get back to you :) Thanks :great

rabidgerry 29 September 2021 11:31

Hmmm I only have MUI 3.8, would this be an issue?

I literally have no idea what options controls the picture window though in order to keep on the little igame pic with pacman and superfog for those games I have no artwork for.

I thought I was being clever when I copied the iGame (I still have iGame v1.6 installed in a different directory of course) MUI prefs, deleted the iGame2 prefs and cfg and then used the copies but renamed them iGame2.prefs and iGame2.cfg but alas it did nothing.

walkero 29 September 2021 12:19

@rabidgerry
Can you please upload a screenshot so to be able to see the problem and understand it better?

rabidgerry 29 September 2021 14:15

here you go

https://i.ibb.co/Hpr3jKf/018.png

https://i.ibb.co/XkHSHVR/017.png

coldacid 29 September 2021 14:29

Yeah that looks like what would happen for me when GuiGfx is turned off. Without it, the image shown always appears in its native size instead of a fixed size. IIRC MUI 3.8 doesn't support resizing images unless you explicitly use GuiGfx.

Do you have a NOGUIGFX tooltype in your iGame icon? If so, try removing it and then see what happens when you run iGame. If GuiGfx is properly installed, it should just work(tm) with a fixed size for the game images.

rabidgerry 29 September 2021 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldacid (Post 1509028)
Yeah that looks like what would happen for me when GuiGfx is turned off. Without it, the image shown always appears in its native size instead of a fixed size. IIRC MUI 3.8 doesn't support resizing images unless you explicitly use GuiGfx.

Do you have a NOGUIGFX tooltype in your iGame icon? If so, try removing it and then see what happens when you run iGame. If GuiGfx is properly installed, it should just work(tm) with a fixed size for the game images.

Yes I have that however it is commented out with brackets around it. Or do you mean delete it altogether?

walkero 29 September 2021 18:44

If it is commented out then it is fine. But also you have to check the same thing at the preferences window. I know it is a little bit confusing.

If you want to use GuiGfx, you have to set it up in the preferences, by checking it's box.

These things should work in a better way, and I will try to work on that to make it easier for everyone.

rabidgerry 30 September 2021 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkero (Post 1509055)
If it is commented out then it is fine. But also you have to check the same thing at the preferences window. I know it is a little bit confusing.

If you want to use GuiGfx, you have to set it up in the preferences, by checking it's box.

These things should work in a better way, and I will try to work on that to make it easier for everyone.


:great It's not your fault I dunno how to do stuff :laughing I tried messing with the MUI settings but I dunno what settings for windows works and what doesn't. There seems very little options to be honest and nothing that logically makes sense to me.

I can run guigfx then without any clash? Ok I'll give that a bash, any particular version?


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:40.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Page generated in 0.06497 seconds with 11 queries