English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Take control of Alt + TAB, Ctrl + Alt + Del and Ctrl + ESC. (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=104746)

Ponki1986 21 November 2020 02:37

Take control of Alt + TAB, Ctrl + Alt + Del and Ctrl + ESC.

Hello. I am trying to modify Win7 so that WinUAE and AmigaOS 3.9 start when I start my computer. There was no problem with changing the shell. But I would like to disable the key combinations mentioned in the title. Is it possible for WinUAE to completely take control of them? Generally under AmigaOS I use YAWS which switches windows with Alt + TAB. It works with both LAlt and RAlt. But when I forget and use LAlt it switches me to the windows desktop. Does anyone have proven methods that will best disable all key combinations under Windows 7?

Dan 21 November 2020 10:10

you could use autohotkey (eventually autoit3 too) to redirect or to disable some of the unwanted keys.

Autohotkey is running (here) with windows 10.

and this is a part of the script, which i'm using to disable some of the keys:

(alt tab in this example)

Code:

#NoEnv                                ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input                ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.

#InstallKeybdHook
#InstallMouseHook
#UseHook On
#SingleInstance,Force

!Tab::Return

Toni Wilen 22 November 2020 10:04

Those key combinations can't be disabled by applications without admin privileges and/or custom drivers.

Some 3rd party utility is needed, like one mentioned above.

Ponki1986 22 November 2020 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 1442011)
you could use autohotkey (eventually autoit3 too) to redirect or to disable some of the unwanted keys.

Autohotkey is running (here) with windows 10.

and this is a part of the script, which i'm using to disable some of the keys:

(alt tab in this example)

Code:

#NoEnv                                ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input                ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.

#InstallKeybdHook
#InstallMouseHook
#UseHook On
#SingleInstance,Force

!Tab::Return

Thank you for your answer. Looks like your method is working fine. When I pressed Alt + TAB from Workench, WinUAE was not minimized. Additionally, the Alt and TAB keys work fine under AmigaOS. Are there any other scripts to disable the Alt + F4, Ctrl + ESC, Shift + ESC and Ctrl + Alt + Del combinations?

Toni Wilen 22 November 2020 14:48

ALT+F4 can be disabled in WinUAE by enabling "Use CTRL-F11 to quit" option. Other 3 are handled by Windows and applications can't override them.

Ponki1986 03 December 2020 18:40

Apart from Ctrl + Alt + Del, I was able to lock down most of the key combinations. Here is the script:

Quote:

#NoEnv
SendMode Input

#InstallKeybdHook
#InstallMouseHook
#UseHook On
#SingleInstance,Force

!::<^>!

!Tab::

!F4::
Sleep, 1
WinActivate, [A1200.uae] - WinUAE

^F12::
Sleep, 1

^F11::
Sleep, 1

F12::
Sleep, 1

^Esc::
Sleep, 1

!Esc::
Sleep, 1

<^>!Esc::
Sleep, 1

+Esc::
Sleep, 1

^+Esc::
Sleep, 1

WinUAE:
Loop
{
WinSet, AlwaysOnTop , On, [A1200.uae] - WinUAE
}
Return
Only the Win + X combinations are disabled in the system registry.

superfrog 13 December 2020 07:54

To deal with Ctrl + Alt + Del, I go to the Input tab and add a secondary mapping for Numpad0 to target Del, with Ctrl + Alt as qualifiers. Then I can press Ctrl + Alt + Numpad0 (the key immediately to the left of Del on a standard numeric keypad) to send Ctrl + Alt + Del to WinUAE without Windows intervening. I use this to do a warm-reboot when running PC Bridgeboard emulation.