English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Games images which need to be WHDified (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Exile AGA + DISCOVERY DISK (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=22348)

dlfrsilver 15 March 2006 21:29

Exile AGA + DISCOVERY DISK

Hello People,

I got this morning Exile A1200 + the discovery disk.

If i put the ADFs of my original in the zone who will try to create an

installer for it ?

Galahad/FLT 16 March 2006 00:44

Already got images for it. As far as I am aware, the Discovery disk is merely a save disk much like the supposed extra missions in Mercenary III

dlfrsilver 16 March 2006 13:45

Can you create the installer for this game pleasssssseeeeeee ^^

Galahad/FLT 16 March 2006 18:33

Yes, but I want it extensively tested, I don't want the same crap that the ECS version of Exile had! ;)

Photon 16 March 2006 19:45

Hm, was it the crack that made Exile ECS bug out, or was there a bug in the original?

Galahad/FLT 16 March 2006 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Photon
Hm, was it the crack that made Exile ECS bug out, or was there a bug in the original?

Every cracked version wasn't 100%

dlfrsilver 17 March 2006 21:44

Well, if you put a trainer, why not ? many people would love to test the game, to see
if the copylock is correctly removed.

-Rob- 18 March 2006 10:53

I have put a test crack for you in The Zone. With forced trainer.

DJ Mike 19 March 2006 13:04

I've just about finished my install for this and the CD32 version now - just need to finish load/save game support. I might as well add a trainer too, so that people can actually explore more of the game to test it ;)

The Copylock for the AGA disk version is pitiful compared to the ECS version. The SAME copylock is called twice - once during loading of disk 1, and once during disk 2 - and neither of them did anything special after being called - even some text in the game's manual explains that only the ECS version contains advanced copy protection as well as the codeword entry (omitted from the AGA version).

From the looks of this version I'd have said the game was programmed with CD32 in mind and a copylock was bolted on purely for the sake of checking that people weren't copying the disks.

Anyway, I'll get save game support wrapped up over the coming days and get a test version out for you all to try.

M;.

Galaxy 21 March 2006 23:24

How does one actually use the Discovery disk?

Galahad/FLT 22 March 2006 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxy
How does one actually use the Discovery disk?

the Discovery disk is basically a Save disk. You simply insert the disk in the drive from the load/save part of the game.

skeldol 28 May 2007 01:59

i don't suppose anyone could put another copy of exile aga in the zone could they?

thanks

DamienD 30 May 2007 01:36

These have been put back in The Zone! for you skeldol ;)

... Exile (1995)(Audiogenic)(AGA)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr MrK].zip {cracked by MrK}
... Exile AGA.rar {contains Disk 1 and 2}
... ExileAGA-disk1.zip {test crack by Flashtro with forced trainer}

lennonlives 24 August 2008 08:03

Where can I get the HD-installer for Exile AGA? I searched on the WHDLoad homepage, but had no luck.

haynor666 25 August 2008 00:30

It's not exits I'm affraid, only ECS version.

Hungry Horace 25 August 2008 11:16

now that galahad is actively working on slaves again (suggested by the SB2 install) , maybe he'll consider picking this one up if asked nicely.

Galahad/FLT 25 August 2008 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hungry Horace (Post 450772)
now that galahad is actively working on slaves again (suggested by the SB2 install) , maybe he'll consider picking this one up if asked nicely.

I could be persuaded.

lennonlives 25 August 2008 11:56

Hello then, Galahad :)

Would you consider creating a slave for Exile AGA, please? It's a great game in my books and the only thing it's missing is the possibility of running it from HD. I've gotten a little tired of popping in disks to play it on my A1200. The Speedball 2 slave is awesome btw. I had longed for this particular one for a long time.

Either way, eternal thanks for considering :)

Florian

lennonlives 27 November 2008 15:16

Any news on a WHDLoad slave for Exile AGA? Would be lovely... :(

FOL 27 November 2008 19:45

Im sure I remember AIAB, having a HD version of this on the HD Games download list on AIAB's site.