English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   News (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   AmigaOS 3.2 released! (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=106964)

gulliver 14 May 2021 18:06

AmigaOS 3.2 released!
 
AmigaOS 3.2 for all Classic Amigas released and available
Brussels, May 14, 2021

Hyperion Entertainment CVBA is very pleased to announce the immediate availability of AmigaOS 3.2 for 68K based Amigas.

AmigaOS 3.2 comes packed with well over 100 new features, dozens of updates that cover nearly all AmigaOS components and a battery of bugfixes that will undoubtely solidify the user experience.

AmigaOS 3.2 is the result of more than 2 years of intense and relentless work from a team of over sixty people who have contributed to produce a new milestone in AmigaOS history.

Hyperion Entertainment CVBA has no words to express its gratitude to this talented and resilient team for its impressive work ethic.

The most comprehensive version of AmigaOS 3.2 is available now on CD-ROM and contains all the disks and AmigaOS Kickstart ROM sets for all Amiga machines ever produced allowing users to install AmigaOS 3.2 on multiple different types of Amigas at once.

Place your order now with your Amiga dealer of choice!

Digital (machine type specific) downloadable versions will follow.

gulliver 14 May 2021 18:28

Hardware Requirements
---------------------

1) An Amiga model 1000, 500, CDTV, 2000, 600, 1200, CD32, 3000, 3000T,
4000D or 4000T, and minor variants of those.

2) Kickstart ROM 3.1, 3.1.4 or 3.2.

3) At least 2MB of total RAM available.
Soft-loading updated OS modules combined with larger hard disk
media and additional software customizations may require additional
memory above the 2 MB mentioned. The physical 3.2 ROM will help
reduce the memory footprint of hard disk loaded modules over an
older ROM in addition to yielding other benefits.

4) A hard drive with a minimum of 10 MB of free space.

gulliver 14 May 2021 18:32

https://i.postimg.cc/3y6gLBXX/CD-ROM-inside.jpg

gulliver 14 May 2021 18:41

https://i.postimg.cc/njhzJNv8/Press-Release03.png

gulliver 14 May 2021 18:42

https://i.postimg.cc/K1CwFTBm/CDTVand-Amiga-OS3-2.jpg

Jope 14 May 2021 18:43

C'mon Amiga dealers, list it on your webshops so I can throw money at the screen.. :-D

fluffkitten 14 May 2021 18:43

Want!

ma693541 14 May 2021 18:47

Nice done. Will buy it.

demon-knight 14 May 2021 18:48

Wait so its out for the CD32 as well?!?
Does that include the actual rom as I thought you didnt have all the sources?

Steril707 14 May 2021 18:49

Woohoooo. Finally.. into my veins..

gulliver 14 May 2021 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by demon-knight (Post 1483638)
Wait so its out for the CD32 as well?!?
Does that include the actual rom as I thought you didnt have all the sources?

I will post the officil FAQ give me a minute.

Be aware it is a long thing to read.

bplcon0 14 May 2021 18:54

thx to the 3.2 team!!! will buy as soon as any of the dealers add it to their website.

Gryfon 14 May 2021 18:55

That’s 3 x new ROMs I’m going to need ;-)
Great work, so glad it’s finally here. Now the dealers need to get their sites updated so I can get my copy.

tygre 14 May 2021 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by bplcon0 (Post 1483641)
thx to the 3.2 team!!! will buy as soon as any of the dealers add it to their website.

Indeed, many thanks to the 3.2 team! :)

Will it be available from AmigaKit or AmigaOnTheLake or other dealers eventually? (Just looking for a yes/no/maybe answer here!)

gulliver 14 May 2021 18:59

1 Attachment(s)
Find attached the Official AmigaOS 3.2 FAQ.

I am happy to answer doubts about it.

demon-knight 14 May 2021 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by gulliver (Post 1483640)
I will post the officil FAQ give me a minute.

Be aware it is a long thing to read.

Thanks gulliver! :D

gulliver 14 May 2021 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by tygre (Post 1483643)
Indeed, many thanks to the 3.2 team! :)

Will it be available from AmigaKit or AmigaOnTheLake or other dealers eventually? (Just looking for a yes/no/maybe answer here!)

It depends on them.
To be honest, I don't manage sales, so I would not know. :)

fatbob_gb 14 May 2021 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by tygre (Post 1483643)
Indeed, many thanks to the 3.2 team! :)

Will it be available from AmigaKit or AmigaOnTheLake or other dealers eventually? (Just looking for a yes/no/maybe answer here!)


Amiga on the Lake is on the list of dealers

tygre 14 May 2021 19:10

Thanks Gulliver and FatBob_GB!

(There is a list of dealers somewhere?)

SiDeSaLaD 14 May 2021 19:11

Great Work..... I'm In :)


SiDeSaLaD



Quote:

Originally Posted by gulliver (Post 1483618)
AmigaOS 3.2 for all Classic Amigas released and available
Brussels, May 14, 2021

Hyperion Entertainment CVBA is very pleased to announce the immediate availability of AmigaOS 3.2 for 68K based Amigas.

AmigaOS 3.2 comes packed with well over 100 new features, dozens of updates that cover nearly all AmigaOS components and a battery of bugfixes that will undoubtely solidify the user experience.

AmigaOS 3.2 is the result of more than 2 years of intense and relentless work from a team of over sixty people who have contributed to produce a new milestone in AmigaOS history.

Hyperion Entertainment CVBA has no words to express its gratitude to this talented and resilient team for its impressive work ethic.

The most comprehensive version of AmigaOS 3.2 is available now on CD-ROM and contains all the disks and AmigaOS Kickstart ROM sets for all Amiga machines ever produced allowing users to install AmigaOS 3.2 on multiple different types of Amigas at once.

Place your order now with your Amiga dealer of choice!

Digital (machine type specific) downloadable versions will follow.



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:36.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Page generated in 0.09597 seconds with 11 queries