English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinFellow (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Please help me ( I just can´t get it to work ) (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=19249)

eZRo 07 July 2005 21:05

Please help me ( I just can´t get it to work )

I´m a newbie with the winfellow.. could you tell me Exactly how to get the games to start? i want to play moonstone which is 3 disk ( ADF ) but it´s just to much things to press!! :D I would appreciate your help greatly! :great

EmuChicken 07 July 2005 22:51

... you need a kickstart rom... ... here's a step by step guide once you have it

1/ load up winfellow
2/ press configuration
2a/ Display: true color (32 bit), 640x 480, full screen, line mode> doubled -exact, ECS, original blitter speed - all other boxes are unticked
2b/ Sound: Play sound, 44100Hz, filter- original, stereo, 16bit (all others unticked)
2c/ CPU: 68020 7Mhz
2d/ Memory: Chip 1024 (thats 1mb), press on the ... to the right of "image" and select your kickstart image, for moonstone / older games kickstart 1.3 is recommended. (leave everything else as default)
2e/ Gameport: choose everything how you would like.. I guess
2f/ OK (confirm configuration is ok), then push menu> file > save configuration
2g/ put Moonstone disk 1 ADF into the first DF0: by clicking on the ... besides DF0:

... press "Start Emulation"

.. whenever you like to switch disks, push F11, then "..." next to DF0: and select the next disk

... hope this helps ;)

eZRo 08 July 2005 20:07

Thx for the help but I´m quite unsure if I did right with the kickstart file because when i start the emulation the only thing that happens is that a picture on a disc with the words workbench on is shown.. what am i doing wrong?

EmuChicken 08 July 2005 20:42

sounds like you've not put the disk in, the disk isn't bootable, or you've put the wrong disk into drive df0:

.. I'd maybe try each disk into the top drive on the main screen, if nothing boots then search for another copy of moonstone.. They are .adf files right? .. make sure you've extracted the adf files if theyre in a rar or zip format.

lopos2000 08 July 2005 20:48

Press F11 again. Insert the disk in df0:
Press ' Start Emulation'

Sune Salminen 08 July 2005 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmuChicken
2a/ Display: true color (32 bit), 640x 480, full screen, line mode> doubled -exact, ECS, original blitter speed - all other boxes are unticked
2b/ Sound: Play sound, 44100Hz, filter- original, stereo, 16bit (all others unticked)
2c/ CPU: 68020 7Mhz
2d/ Memory: Chip 1024 (thats 1mb), press on the ... to the right of "image" and select your kickstart image, for moonstone / older games kickstart 1.3 is recommended. (leave everything else as default)

I'm curious, why would you recommend he use ECS, 68020 CPU and 1MB Chipram for an A500 game?
Won't it just make the emulator run slower, be less compatible and not make the game look any better?

EmuChicken 08 July 2005 22:26

... I thought this'd be probably more compatible incase he tried any other A500 / A500+ games, Moonstone and some older games should work fine even with this spec :)

Computers nowadays should be able to cope- especially currently with Winfellow being the fastest amiga emulator of the lot, shouldntbe a problem ;-)

oldpx 09 July 2005 08:13

500+ had an 68000. Yes it had 1MB chip but I don't know any game that wanted the ram to be this way. Quite the opposite, there were games that didn't run because they required half chip/half fast = 1meg, not 1MB chip.

EmuChicken 09 July 2005 15:52

I was basing my spec on an A500+, not many games really had compatibility issues other than Supercars 2 and Lotus 1 from what I recall , everything else worked fine - Games in the A500+ era and beyond needed at least 1mb ram, I remember the stickers! ... actually yeah you might be right with hte 512kb chip and 512kb fast, but I'm not too sure on how it's set up :-S ... should be fine anyways

oldpx 09 July 2005 16:51

I can add Double Dragon and Final Fight to the 500+ incompatible list, even with Relokick but as you said the list isn't too long if you used a 1.3 kickstart.