English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Games (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Krusty's Fun House crashing on some Amigas (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=112023)

spawnerbr 30 September 2022 07:39

Krusty's Fun House crashing on some Amigas

I tried to play Krusty's Fun House on my Amiga 500 with A501. It worked one time and then, no more. After VIRGIN logo there is some kind of video output lost and the game crash. So I tried on other A500 with ASRAM expansion. Worked. Next day stopped to work. So, I tried with my A600. Crashed all times on that same point. So I tested 8 ADF files on other Amiga 500 with A501, yes I tested on 3 A500 and 1 A600, 2 from 8 ADF files worked. So i tried again the ADF that works and CRASH!

After this I tried on Amiga Emulator all ADF files. All worked.

So, next step. I removed all memory expansion from all A500. Krusty worked all time. A600 with 1MB chip crashes.

It is strange cause on Krusty box it was release for A500, A500+, A600 and A1200, so is not old and can accept some configurations.

My latest test was, reinsert the memory expansion, run degrader and force All A500 with memory expansion to work with 512MB only after boot. Worked on All A500!!!!!!

What a hell is that? A bug from the cracked version?
Thanks!

Superman 30 September 2022 19:39

I have noticed a similar issue on my A500 with various ADF files. I can get it to load occasionally but it usualy crashes or gives me a Guru Meditation.

spawnerbr 01 October 2022 04:55

I tried to convert a IPF to HFE to use on FlashFloppy, but I think FlashFloppy is not 100% compatible with HFE files. Maybe I can try to create a disk from IPF just to test it. Or flash other Gotek with HxC to run the IPF directly.

The strange part is that on the morning I tried and the game worked. So I reset and then crashes, crashes, crashes...

dlfrsilver 01 October 2022 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by spawnerbr (Post 1567542)
I tried to convert a IPF to HFE to use on FlashFloppy, but I think FlashFloppy is not 100% compatible with HFE files. Maybe I can try to create a disk from IPF just to test it. Or flash other Gotek with HxC to run the IPF directly.

The strange part is that on the morning I tried and the game worked. So I reset and then crashes, crashes, crashes...

You need to use HFEv3 type. basic HFE doesn't support copy protections.
And you need at least Firmware v3.13.

spawnerbr 01 October 2022 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlfrsilver (Post 1567581)
You need to use HFEv3 type. basic HFE doesn't support copy protections.
And you need at least Firmware v3.13.

I updated today but the game crashes too from IPF > HFE.

kremiso 01 October 2022 20:33

a preloaded boot disk can be helpful?

dlfrsilver 01 October 2022 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by spawnerbr (Post 1567617)
I updated today but the game crashes too from IPF > HFE.

You need to make the HFEv3 from the kryoflux heavy dump.

Straight from IPF, it doesn't work.

Galahad/FLT 01 October 2022 21:01

Test version in the zone.

This should fix the issue on real Amigas.

spawnerbr 02 October 2022 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT (Post 1567645)

Same problem. I turned on the Amiga and it worked. After the reset it lost the video signal at the same point on the ADF (Track 48) then Guru Meditation: #00000004.00C01570

Previously, with some ADFs it was tested on 3 Amiga 500. 2 models of 512MB Slow expansion board. NTSC and PAL. And Teste on an Amiga 600 with only 1MB of chip. The only way that it works is forcing 512MB using Degrader on models with 1MB (512Chip+512Slow) or removing the memory expansion. On the A600 I can't force 512. I converted the IPF to HFE and with the latest firmware on FlashFloppy it loaded, but some problem. I turned the Amiga off for some minutes and then tried again, guru meditation. Tried using Gotek with FlashFloppy (HFE and ADF files) and loading from floppy. All with same problems at the same point.

Very weird. It only works here on FS-UAE emulating. Or with 512MB.

Galahad/FLT 02 October 2022 01:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by spawnerbr (Post 1567664)
Same problem. I turned on the Amiga and it worked. After the reset it lost the video signal at the same point on the ADF (Track 48) then Guru Meditation: #00000004.00C01570

Previously, with some ADFs it was tested on 3 Amiga 500. 2 models of 512MB Slow expansion board. NTSC and PAL. And Teste on an Amiga 600 with only 1MB of chip. The only way that it works is forcing 512MB using Degrader on models with 1MB (512Chip+512Slow) or removing the memory expansion. On the A600 I can't force 512. I converted the IPF to HFE and with the latest firmware on FlashFloppy it loaded, but some problem. I turned the Amiga off for some minutes and then tried again, guru meditation. Tried using Gotek with FlashFloppy (HFE and ADF files) and loading from floppy. All with same problems at the same point.

Ok, leave with me and I will look further.

Galahad/FLT 02 October 2022 01:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by spawnerbr (Post 1567664)

Ok, leave with me and I will look further.

Galahad/FLT 02 October 2022 01:41

Ok leave with me, I will look further

Galahad/FLT 02 October 2022 01:42

Ok leave with me, I will look further

spawnerbr 02 October 2022 02:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT (Post 1567645)

I found a way to run all ADF versions now and dunno the reason. I have to unmount the ADF and wait the Kickstart screen, then I mount the ADF and the game runs. If I reset from the keyboard, it crashes.
So, I have to unmount the ADF from the Gotek, reset from the keyboard, wait the kickstart screen, mount the ADF and it runs. Weird!

spawnerbr 02 October 2022 03:22

SECOND TEST:
Previously the floppy disk, not the ADF, give to me a Guru Meditation screen on my Amiga 600 with IDE>SD inside. Inserted the disk, turned A600 on and Guru ever on the same place. So, I opened A600, removed the SD card and turned it on again with floppy inside. The game worked all time. And I have an A601 inside of this Amiga too.
Unfortunately I can't do tests reseting from keyboard cause my membrane is faulty. And on the Startup Screen if I turned the HD0 off, the Amiga don't go to "insert disk" screen ti goes to the workbench shell asking for DF0 that don't runs NDOS disks.

But tried 10 times on the 600 without SD card and worked.
So, I think the game has a problem. Dunno which one :)

Galahad/FLT 02 October 2022 14:38

OK, Test version 2 in the zone, have a go with that and see if it makes any difference.

spawnerbr 02 October 2022 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT (Post 1567721)
OK, Test version 2 in the zone, have a go with that and see if it makes any difference.

Worked! Thanks!!!!!! Tried reseting a lot of time and the game worked.
What was the problem? The Virgin logo was removed from the 1st test ADF. And is related with the kickstart waiting disk? I tried IPF converted to HFE and got the problem too. Cause it works with 512Mb, but have issue with A500 with 1MB and A600 with HD installed.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!! :great

Galahad/FLT 02 October 2022 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by spawnerbr (Post 1567727)
Worked! Thanks!!!!!! Tried reseting a lot of time and the game worked.
What was the problem? The Virgin logo was removed from the 1st test ADF. And is related with the kickstart waiting disk? I tried IPF converted to HFE and got the problem too. Cause it works with 512Mb, but have issue with A500 with 1MB and A600 with HD installed.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!! :great

It was something to do with the setup routines in the code before the display of the Virgin logo.

I bypassed all of that code and used AmigaDOS to load the data into memory, then transfer it to where it was supposed to be and then executed it, thus not using those routines at all.

So a programming error, didn't have time to isolate it,
but if Toni is reading:

First block of code loaded loaded after the bootblock is the problem, I thought it might be the access to $BFED01, but in any case, making WinUAE correctly emulate this will mean the game simply doesn't work, but thats not my decision to make

spawnerbr 02 October 2022 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT (Post 1567730)
It was something to do with the setup routines in the code before the display of the Virgin logo.

I bypassed all of that code and used AmigaDOS to load the data into memory, then transfer it to where it was supposed to be and then executed it, thus not using those routines at all.

So a programming error, didn't have time to isolate it,
but if Toni is reading:

First block of code loaded loaded after the bootblock is the problem, I thought it might be the access to $BFED01, but in any case, making WinUAE correctly emulate this will mean the game simply doesn't work, but thats not my decision to make

As I tested too an IPF converted to HFE, using latest version of FlashFloppy, and it crashes at the same "position" can assume this is a bug from the original release too?

spawnerbr 02 October 2022 16:41

And on FS-UAE, an emulator for Mac, it worked all ADF versions.