English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   MarketPlace (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Wii for sale (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=57791)

Smiley 13 February 2011 21:24

Wii for sale

Not Amiga but runs UAE nicely :)

The Wii's DVD drive does not read discs. I never tried to fix it and played all my games via USB. You can replace or repair the drive but its probably better just to use an external USB drive.

The Wii is softmodded and will play all your legit backup ISOs from any USB mass storage.

Comes with all cables, 2 wiimotes and 1 nunchuck.

I really only ever used it for emulation and playing virtual console games but I havn't touched it in about 6 months.

PM me an offer. I don't really know what this lot is worth. :great

ElectroBlaster 17 February 2011 00:12

Dropped you a pm about this m8! Any news?

FOL 17 February 2011 01:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiley (Post 736455)
Not Amiga but runs UAE nicely :)

Still needs alot of work, would love to continue work on this, maybe after PSPUAE 0.80 is released.

Smiley 18 February 2011 03:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElectroBlaster (Post 737114)
Dropped you a pm about this m8! Any news?

Hi sorry. Have a bad habit of not logging in if I'm just lurking. Will send you a PM tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOL
Still needs alot of work, would love to continue work on this, maybe after PSPUAE 0.80 is released.

Plays Apidya and Ruff n' Tumble at full speed with sound. Good enough for me :D

FOL 18 February 2011 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiley (Post 737334)
Plays Apidya and Ruff n' Tumble at full speed with sound. Good enough for me :D

Really, ;). You will find its running on Frameskip 2, I defaulted it to this, to make stuff payble.
As first release was very slow as it had FS hardcoded to 0.

Anyways, playing amiga games on the Wii is a hole different experience all together.
Enabling "wii wheel function" is great fun, using wii remote as a steering wheel is quite nuts on lotus, ;).

Smiley 19 February 2011 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOL (Post 737381)
Really, ;). You will find its running on Frameskip 2, I defaulted it to this, to make stuff payble.
As first release was very slow as it had FS hardcoded to 0.

Well I never noticed :D

I'm withdrawing the Wii from sale as it really isn't worth much and it appears to be having problems with the controllers. The Wii struggles to recognize them and they lose connection a lot.

I think it is best I keep it for now given its condition, problems and lack of worth.

Thanks.

Arnie 19 February 2011 18:11

Hey Smiley,

What firmware are you on? My Wii drive gave up about 3mths ago, I'm not too bothered because, like you, I use a USb drive.

Regarding the Wiimotes, mine tend to loose connection with homebrew alot, sometimes I've re-installed HBC or re flashed the Nand with a back up to cure it. Could also be battery's or bluetooth board, but who knows with a Homebrew Wii? ;)

I have seen replacement DVD Drives on fleebay, but I'm not sure if they seem genuine. Can anyone confirm this?

ElectroBlaster 19 February 2011 19:13

No probs, thanx for letting me know :)

Still I would love to hack our wii BUT the problem is its brand new and I dont have the nads to try it :rolleyes

What is the amiga emulation like on a wii anyway? is it good enougth to enjoy some classics?

FOL 19 February 2011 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElectroBlaster (Post 737664)
What is the amiga emulation like on a wii anyway? is it good enougth to enjoy some classics?

Yes, :).

There easy to hack, you would have to be very silly to brick it.

scrappysphinx 20 February 2011 01:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElectroBlaster (Post 737664)
No probs, thanx for letting me know :)

Still I would love to hack our wii BUT the problem is its brand new and I dont have the nads to try it :rolleyes

If its brand new then i assume its under warranty?

If so why not try the soft mod, its only software so if anything goes wrong return the wii to where you bought it :D

I did it with a free one i got with my mobile phone from carphone warehouse.

Arnie 20 February 2011 11:52

Nintendo can tell if you have installed any mod on your Wii. If you send it to them modded then they will charge you for it.

But as FOL said it's rare to brick a Wii if you use common sense.

Smiley 21 February 2011 18:20

@ElectroBlaster

Search ebay for a Wii with a faulty drive. You can probably get one for around £50. You could replace the drive but there is really no need if you are going to mod it.

The Wii is very simple to mod. I can't quite remeber how I did mine but it just involved putting a few files on an SD card and running them. You can even play games of a HDD online if you want.

Modded Wiis are a great little thing to have around for classic gaming since they are so small.

scrappysphinx 21 February 2011 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arnie (Post 737822)
Nintendo can tell if you have installed any mod on your Wii. If you send it to them modded then they will charge you for it.

But as FOL said it's rare to brick a Wii if you use common sense.

Thats only if you send it directly back to Nintendo.

My first Wii i soft-modded and then found out it had a faulty dvd drive so i deleted the Homebrew Channel and returned to Gamestation under warranty.

My contract of purchase is with them so thats where i return it and never had a problem.

But its always your choice and i can't guarantee it will work.