English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.FS-UAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Example Config File (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=107144)

SparkyNZ 28 May 2021 08:43

Example Config File

Hi. I'm having problems trying to configure the keyboard on my laptop to work properly. The right Alt key on my laptop is behaving as the Joystick Fire button. How can I map Right Alt to Right Alt so that the joystick doesn't fire?

I've tried this:

[config]
amiga_model = A500
floppy_drive_0 = Disk1.adf
keyboard_key_kp_lalt = action_key_alt_left
keyboard_key_kp_ralt = action_key_alt_right

..but that is not working.

Inside FS-UAE Launcher -> Settings, it shows this:

# keyboard_key_kp_lalt is overridden by current configuration keyboard_key_kp_lalt = action_key_alt_left

# keyboard_key_kp_ralt is overridden by current configuration

quick_settings = 1
stretch = 0

..and that isn't working either.

Can someone please post a well-populated configuration file that I can modify.. and help me with the above joystick issue. Thanks

redblade 28 May 2021 13:21

When I use Fs-UAE on Lubunut, I hit F12 go into the input menu and select "no controller". Are you using the Fs-uae launcher under linux?

SparkyNZ 28 May 2021 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by redblade (Post 1487319)
When I use Fs-UAE on Lubunut, I hit F12 go into the input menu and select "no controller". Are you using the Fs-uae launcher under linux?

I'm using the FS-UAE launcher on Windows.

FrodeSolheim 28 May 2021 23:38

To free up the right alt key (as well as right ctrl and cursor keys), make sure to either use "no host device" as joystick device, or insert a joystick/gamepad so the keyboard keys won't be used for emulation of a joystick.

SparkyNZ 29 May 2021 01:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim (Post 1487419)
To free up the right alt key (as well as right ctrl and cursor keys), make sure to either use "no host device" as joystick device, or insert a joystick/gamepad so the keyboard keys won't be used for emulation of a joystick.

OK. I'll give that a shot - so you can't just assign the joystick buttons to other keys? Yeah good point - if I do that, can I still configure keys to behave as joystick actions? Does the config not accept Windows drive paths either? Task: Amiga Launch TaskError: FileNotFoundErrorMessage: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\Sparky\\Documents\\FS-UAE\\Floppies\\Moonfall.zip'

I've had the same problem trying to specify floppy and kickstart dirs:

kickstarts_dir = C:\Amiga/ksromskickstart_file = kick13.romfloppies_dir = C:\GameBaseAmiga

Tried forward slash as well as backslash (and restarting FS-UAE Launcher each time). It's forcing me to use the My Documents folder structure.

SparkyNZ 29 May 2021 02:09

OK, so here is my problem. I want to play Moonfall.

Moonfall requires:
* Joystick (cursor keys + Right Ctrl)

* Right Alt key to slow down

So how can I configure my keyboard so that keyboard Joystick emulation works and Right Alt is Right Alt. We already have Right Ctrl for fire so why is the emulator forcing Right Alt to be fire as well?

redblade 29 May 2021 03:20

instead of
Code:

try
keyboard_key_period = action_key_alt_right

try to assign a different key that you do not use to the Amiga alt key

FrodeSolheim 29 May 2021 09:43

Quote:

OK. I'll give that a shot - so you can't just assign the joystick buttons to other keys? Yeah good point - if I do that, can I still configure keys to behave as joystick actions?

Joystick emulation overrides other key assignments. It is possible to change the mapping for the joystick emulation, but not via normal config/settings. See https://github.com/FrodeSolheim/fs-u...s/Keyboard.ini for an example on how to change that mapping.

Quote:

Does the config not accept Windows drive paths either?

It should...