English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Nostalgia & memories (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Fiendish Freddy's Big Top o' Fun: an underrated classic? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=111662)

Havie 20 August 2022 10:15

Fiendish Freddy's Big Top o' Fun: an underrated classic?

I never hear anyone taking about Fiendish Freddy - has anyone ever saved the circus?

For a fairly early Amiga game it's pretty - wow! Love this game, cartoon graphics and some 'interesting' game play and lots of humour.

Admittedly, it is slightly clunky to play in sections and loading from floppy is a nightmare but once you have this on hard disk, the game plays so much better as all the waiting is gone.

Anyone else like this game?

Little Havie 20 August 2022 18:42

Completely agree! Not biased in anyway...

Havie 21 August 2022 22:28

:crying Does no one else like this game?

rare_j 21 August 2022 23:04

It was well reviewed in the Spectrum press at the time, but I never took an interest in it. Is it a collection of minigames?

Cobe 21 August 2022 23:15

I had fun with it on c64. It was on the cartridge that I got with my c64.

Torti-the-Smurf 21 August 2022 23:27

We had so much fun with this :spin A fun and funny game :great

malko 22 August 2022 00:45

Alone or with friends, often played it BitD. I have good memories of this game :great

Havie 25 August 2022 01:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by rare_j (Post 1560737)
It was well reviewed in the Spectrum press at the time, but I never took an interest in it. Is it a collection of minigames?

Yep - set of circus themed mini-games with great cartoon graphics. A lot of fun but can be annoying, especially the tight-rope! If you haven't played it - would thoroughly recommend.

Go on - save the circus...

Pyromania 25 August 2022 08:00

I remember it being fun.

Fiery Phoenix 25 August 2022 11:19

I agree - it is an underrated classic and largly forgotten

There was a spate of circus related games for some reason and this was by far the best. The giant cartoon graphics looked awesome (on the C64 too) and ober on another thread I posted that this was one of those games where it had 2 alternative endings

merman 25 August 2022 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobe (Post 1560740)
I had fun with it on c64. It was on the cartridge that I got with my c64.

This. It plays brilliantly from the C64GS cartridge, getting rid of the multiload.

Cherno 25 August 2022 16:51

Never heard of this game until a friend mentioned it a few years ago, and we both watched a longplay of it. The game looks very challenging but just the different minigames look like a lot of fun, especially the juggling part where Freddy tosses chainsaws and lit cartoon bombs at you to deal with. Now that I'm thinking of it, it reminds me of Weird Dreams a lot with the, well, weird, darkly humorous scenario with bright cheerful colors.

Cobe 27 August 2022 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by merman (Post 1561332)
This. It plays brilliantly from the C64GS cartridge, getting rid of the multiload.

Oh, yup. I never thought about that that I would hardly play it more than once if I had to "multiload" . But hey, I was even more luckier that on the same cartridge was Flimbo's Quest!