English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Hardware (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   A600 Wont soft reset (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=21914)

Daniel 12 February 2006 12:04

A600 Wont soft reset

Hello all,

I have recently changed the hard drive in my Amiga 600, I did have a 3.5 inch installed which i had to house externally and have replaced it with a 2.5 inch,

When i opened up the amiga i must have pulled the keyboard ribbon slightly because when i rebooted i noticed that the caps lock key was flashing and none of the keys worked, So i opened her up again and removed the ribbon and then firmly placed it back, When i rebooted again all was fine the caps lock key didnt start flashing and all the keys seem to work, But my amiga wont soft reset (Ctr, Amiga, Amiga), All of the keys seem to be working ok.

Is there a program i can load or maybe a built in keyboard diagnostics that i can use to check and see if these keys are working???

:help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help

Please can somebody help??

fc.studio 19 February 2006 11:38

I had a similar problem when I got my second-hand A1200.
Caps lock had low brightness and soft reset worked but to the fifth or sixth or over attempt.
I solved like you on removing and replacing FIRMLY the ribbon back.
Try it again and again. Try to clean under the keyboard's keys too.

Daniel 19 February 2006 14:23

I suppose giving it another try cant do any harm?,

Just as soon as i have finished installing my games.

Cheers

Dan

mr_a500 19 February 2006 15:25

This happened to me too. All the keys work and key combinations work, but reset doesn't. I had to manually set up a reset with Fkey :(.

So now when I press Ctrl-Esc, Fkey runs a reset program. It's OK, but when I get a deadlock or some other non-resetting program crash, I have to use the power switch. (which is a pain in the ass)

Chain 19 February 2006 19:26

/me have sme problem with a1200, all keys working except reset combination.
it must be something wirh reset circuits and not with keyboard :(

Daniel 20 February 2006 16:54

well i open her up again and removed the keyboard ribbon again and placed it back but it still wont reset,

Heres something interesting though i have found my own way of resetting for some strang reason if i bang the right alt key hard eought it resets the amiga, Probably nothing to do with that key just that side of the keyboard.

Anyway im going to stop messing around now before i really fxxk things up and just leave it as it is until whole thing goes.

:great

jaycamp 19 August 2014 22:46

I've just had the excact same problem. My solution was to clean the ribbon (actually with spit on my finger) on the connection part thats goes into the socket on the mainboard.

Wupti - now it works perfectly ;)