English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.aGTW (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Amiga Sprites/Game GFX that Weren't (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=40661)

mailman 23 September 2006 17:27

Amiga Sprites/Game GFX that Weren't

4 Attachment(s)
Recently I was looking through One Step Beyond disks and I found something interesting. On the second disk, amongst packed with ProPack modules from the game, game maps, iff background blocks, animations and stuff, there are four pictures. I have attached them. Is anyone aware what do they represent? Where in the game you can see them?

T_hairy_bootson 23 September 2006 18:03

The third picture looks like a parasol stars mockup.

s2325 23 September 2006 18:36

5 Attachment(s)
I have strange pictures from Amiga games too :)

s2325 23 September 2006 18:38

2 Attachment(s)
Some more:

heroicnonsense 23 September 2006 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by s2325
Some more:

<open door remark>
Well that second one is obviously from one of the Dizzy-games
</open door remark>

Since I absolutely loath Dizzy-games, i have no idea which one though.

I'd love to try out that driving game though. The graphics look pretty good.

Marcuz 23 September 2006 20:13

i think some of them, if not all, are mockups prolly the racing game is competely drawn (instead of a cut and paste work)

mailman 23 September 2006 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by s2325
I have strange pictures from Amiga games too :)

The fifth picture comes from AMOS game. I have seen it and even played. But this is not the same as my pictures. I ripped them from One Step Beyond game. They were packed in the same way as the rest of the game. What are they doing there? What do they represent?

mailman 30 September 2006 16:40

Anyone? Those pictures might be a good source of some AGTW projects or could be put in HOL as unreleased. If we could only find out what games do they come from and why they are bundled into One Step Beyond game...

BippyM 30 September 2006 17:19

Looks like a charlie chimp inspired game to me

Tim Janssen 30 September 2006 19:38

Some answers

2 Attachment(s)
The second picture (the adventure game) is from a game called The Daring Adventures of Robin Hood and the fourth picture (beat em up) is from Spacefighter.

Both are contenders for AGTW and were previewed in Amiga Format, August 1996.

DamienD 30 September 2006 19:41

Wow Mr Janssen, nice research ;)

The Daring Adventures of Robin Hood Looks really cool :agree

Tim Janssen 01 October 2006 10:50

Reality Software Construction Kit

1 Attachment(s)
I investigated the games a bit further. Its publisher, BPM Productions, also published two game compilations late 1996 called 'Reality Games Pack 1' and '2'.
All games seem constructed with a program called 'Reality Software Construction Kit'.
Check out the scan (taken from Amiga Format, October 1996) for more information. If you look at the review screenshots, you will notice more familiar pictures. ;)

Now, does anyone know what this 'Reality Software Construction Kit' is and how it comes that its games (as far as I know) need yet to be discovered on the Internet?

s2325 01 October 2006 12:05

I found disk images of Wrath of Gwendor Special Edition'97, Charlie Chimp 1 & 2, Seemore Doolittle's Underwater Capers, but none other.

Damage 02 October 2006 10:07

@ Tim

As far as i can remember the reality game thingy was bunch of utilities that i think were made with amos pro that made it easy to make games. Things like chararcter,Level,Animation editors and stuff from memory the games on the magazine scan came with it.

Please someone correct me if I am wrong. :)

Tim Janssen 02 October 2006 15:27

OK, so the 'Reality Software Construction Kit' seems really a game construction kit. It would be nice to see the constructed games in HOL since they were sold with the kit.

Has anyone tried to use the it? The fact that it is maybe built with AMOS is a bit daunting to me.

plasmatron 02 October 2006 19:36

SPACE FIGHTER looks like a poor BODDY BLOWS clone.
I`ve played Seemore Doolittle's Underwater Capers ages ago. This game came with a CU coverCD. Was a funny little game. Very AMOSish.

demoniac 02 October 2006 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by T_hairy_bootson
The third picture looks like a parasol stars mockup.

Or Car V Up...

Dastardly 13 November 2008 00:30

Amiga sprites that weren't

Just been reading this interesting thread over at Lemon64

Mysteries behind games

Made me wonder if any Amiga games have hidden unused graphics lurking behind the scenes.

Anyone know of any?

jotd 13 November 2008 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dastardly (Post 476394)
Just been reading this interesting thread over at Lemon64

Mysteries behind games

Made me wonder if any Amiga games have hidden unused graphics lurking behind the scenes.

Anyone know of any?

Gods:

- unused scorpion monster in level 1 (revealed by Mavado rips)
- unused big room in level 3 (revealed by the decoding of gamemaps) unless noone ever found how to go there, but I doubt it...

TCD 13 November 2008 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by jotd (Post 476672)
Gods:

- unused scorpion monster in level 1 (revealed by Mavado rips)

:shocked An unused enemy in Gods? Do you have a link or a picture of it jotd? :)