English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Games images which need to be WHDified (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Attention french patchers (CFou ?) (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=37512)

NewDeli 24 June 2008 08:00

Attention french patchers (CFou ?)

Hi,

Here are my last 3 requests, they all concern french games or french versions, each by the mighty (cocorico) Infogrames, and each once released on the CPC or the C64 (nostalgie, quand tu nous tiens) :

- Bivouac aka Chamonix Challenge (1987)
- Blueberry FR (1988)
- Passagers du Vent aka Passengers on the Wind (1988)

Blueberry is already fully whdified in german.
I guess the climbing sim is the one I would most gladly see whdified next.

http://hol.abime.net/pic_full/dbs/01...0/124_dbs1.png

Cheers,

jotd 24 June 2008 19:07

The climbing sim? what a coincidence. I love climbing.

fc.studio 24 June 2008 20:18

Chamonix Challenge has the English version WHDified called Final Assault.
If you like, I can take it from KG pack and upload it in the zone.

Frog 24 June 2008 21:20

@Cfou : i still wait for an update of "jimmy Willburne" and a working breakout part :rolleyes

NewDeli 25 June 2008 01:51

@ JOTD don't act like you've never heard of Bivouac, it's hardly believable since you're from the country with smelling cheese and a veteran Amiga user !
Plus, I don't like you since you didn't take the time to fix Sinbad whdload yet :p

@fc.studio : That's very nice of you but I would prefer to play the french version since it was the one I was familiar with in 1988.

Hungry Horace 25 June 2008 01:55

there was me assuming this was going to be a request for 'Joan of Arc'! :laughing

heavy 25 June 2008 11:24

@hungry horace : great signature (mort de rire ;) )

NewDeli 10 July 2008 01:33

New HD'fied games on netcomet.info

Hi again,
Ohé du bateau,

I had the idea to using the whdload of Final Assault (that sounds like the name of a Van Damme movie :shocked , not a computer game) to install Bivouac, the french version of the climbing-game-that-wears-tons-of-names.

Apparently, it copied all files and I could launch it, so it works. Game itself seems a bit on the buggy side, but except for the icon and the nag screen, my whdload install should be OK.

Ceci est donc à votre attention, messieurs les apprentis grimpeurs !
J'ai pu installer Bivouac à partir du whdload de JOTD.

I think the best way is to put it in the zone, for KG to include it in the next pack.
(I leave the icon and whdload nag screen modification job to you)

Also, I made a pre-installed HD version* of Passengers on the Wind I & II.
It will be available for download in a little while.

J'ai constitué une archive pre-installée spéciale "disque dur"* de Passagers du Vent I & II
Vous pourrez la telecharger d'ici peu sur mon site.

There are a few glitches when playing PotW, but nothing serious.
Il y a quelques bugs mineurs lorsqu'on joue à PdV, mais rien de bien méchant.

English ADF of Blueberry is nowhere to be found. Any clue ?
La version française de Blueberry est disponible ! *

This said, the game received bad reviews.
Cela dit, ce jeu a reçu des critiques mitigées

* Si malgré tout, les aventures vidéoludiques de ce personnage de Western, inspiré par JP Belmondo, vous interessent, vous pouvez désormais télécharger la version française non-officielle sur le site web netcomet.info. Tous nos remerciements à l'ami pbareges.

killergorilla 10 July 2008 01:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deleauvive (Post 432321)
I think the best way is to put it in the zone, for KG to include it in the next pack.
(I leave the icon and whdload nag screen modification job to you)

If the install isn't on the WHDLoad site then it's not going in :D

NewDeli 10 July 2008 17:00

1 Attachment(s)
@KG : I just emailed JOTD to ask him to update the entry on whdload.de.
By the way, it's not like I was using a completely different whdload install script :blased .

I'll put Bivouac on my web site, without forgetting to mention the install may not have been tested with the French version, until settled.

Here it is (plus Passengers on the Wind HD'fied) :
http://www.netcomet.info/download.php
(use a download manager if you can)

SquawkBox 03 March 2021 06:47

Just noticed that after all these years, the slave was updated as of late to include Bivouac aka the French version of Final Assault / Chamonix Challenge. Thank you so much JOTD!

jotd 03 March 2021 07:56

The "Final Assault" protected version was interesting to hack. It has Herdnon protection on an Herdnon protected executable :)

SquawkBox 10 March 2021 16:42

Glad to hear that. Along that path, what about the other two ? In a similar fashion, and with CFou permission, I guess it could be challenging to hack ST release of Blueberry to "extract" (for lack of a better word) the language files from the image disk of the French version. As you probably know, the Amiga only got the game ported in German, a bit disappointing since Blueberry is a French comics (a Jean-Michel Charlier & Jean Giraud creation) in the first place.

CFou! 10 March 2021 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by SquawkBox (Post 1469131)
Glad to hear that. Along that path, what about the other two ? In a similar fashion, and with CFou permission, I guess it could be challenging to hack ST release of Blueberry to "extract" (for lack of a better word) the language files from the image disk of the French version. As you probably know, the Amiga only got the game ported in German, a bit disappointing since Blueberry is a French comics (a Jean-Michel Charlier & Jean Giraud creation) in the first place.

St version use STOS filesystem it seems.

I had done an RAWDIC imager to extract ST file of ST IPF files but i don't know if i can easy use image file *.st via Winuae

Have somebody ST files of french and german to compare?:
BLUE1 I00
BLUE1 TOT
BLUE2 I00
BLUE2 I04
BLUE2 TOT
BLUE3 I00
BLUE3 I01
BLUE3 I02
BLUE3 I03
BLUE3 TOT
BLUE4 I00
BLUE4 TOT
BLUE56 I00
BLUE56 TOT
BLUE7 I00
BLUE7 TOT
BLUE8 I00
BLUE8 TOT
BLUEBERRPRG
CTHULHU BRK
DAMNIT SPL
DESKTOP INF
DOULEUR SPL
EFFROI SPL
EXPLOSE SPL
FEU1 SPL
HENNI2 SPL
HIMMEL SPL
INDIEN SPL
INTRO SPL
KREUTZ SPL
LETTRES BIN
OUAIS SPL

Of course if Jeff want do it, no problem:)
I have too many WIP projects now to start it.... And i am not a blueberry's Fan !

dlfrsilver 10 March 2021 20:53

Big problem : The files are using the coktel vision engine, coded in C.

have fun to pass it in english or french.......

SyX 11 March 2021 02:48

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dlfrsilver (Post 1469197)

Then I must be really lucky...
Attachment 71234
:D

In short, there is a table for the strings and as usual in c the strings use an end marker, a null in the case of Asterix, but for Blueberry I have seen that it uses @.

SquawkBox 11 March 2021 04:50

Ditto SyX
There is a scene French release of Blueberry in TOSEC, just look into TOSEC/games folder. The controls are buggy as hell though. When the party encounters the horse-back Indians in the desert, well, it's stuck there :scream . The sequence loops, and virtually no button / key press / mouse click shall I could think of allows the player to fire a single bullet. I've zoned said ADF if you want to give it a try (a few exclamations belonging to the characters haven't been translated from the German version).
In case a slave ends up being coded, I guess an option to skip the shooting sequences could come in handy (not the nicest thing to do to shoot down natives anyway).

CFou! 11 March 2021 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlfrsilver (Post 1469197)

it's more complicates to patch special functions, but not for translation in my personnal opinion moreover better way is perhaps to ressourse *.PRG fle of ST and amiga version if there are TEXT to translate inside.

I dont know TOT files stucture but perhaps just use ST french version (to test)

CFou! 11 March 2021 10:43

extracted file of ST french version in TheZone!

CFou! 11 March 2021 12:34

good new:
amiga & ST file with extension TOT are same for German version!

So i will try to replace it.
Perhaps only main engine file to translate!