English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.Amiga File Server (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   New WHDLoad Download Tool (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=109171)

mrv2k 15 December 2021 19:45

WHDLoad Download Tool

https://i.ibb.co/njv3X1C/downloadtool.png

So, I've been writing a tool to help manage and download Retroplay's WHDLoad archives. It is very much the same as Turran's version except it is a lot more flexible and can do some really useful stuff.

Main Features
  • Uses Retroplay's dat files for it's database, so is always up to date.
  • Flexible on where files are saved to.
  • Supports the beta WHDLoad set
  • Over 20 filters available including all supported languages.
  • Create your own curated lists that can be shared.
  • Scan your existing set and remove unneeded files.
  • Only downloads what you are missing.

***Warning***

IMPORTANT! Before you do anything to your existing WHDLoad sets, MAKE A BACKUP!. If you delete everything, TOUGH! Post what happened and I can try to fix the problem.

To leave feedback, bugs and suggestions, only use this thread. Please try to make sure that any feedback is reasonable and constructive.

Posts on the Commodore Amiga Facebook group and the r/Amiga Reddit will be ignored as they are a PITA to keep on top of.

v1.4 Fixes / Updates
  • Fixed Magazine button logic in filter.
  • Split Beta category into Games and Demos and added separate paths to the folder List.
  • Moved folder options into a scrolling gadget to keep window size the same.
  • 'Update Files' window now only shows if a file is actually downloaded from the 'Download' window.
  • CD32 games now are categorised as AGA.
  • Fixed download preview list.
  • Added AGA/ECS data to Magazines. Files will be split if category sort is selected on download.
  • Fixed FTP download not creating all Category (0-Z) sub folders.
  • Fixed a few errors in the help file.
  • Improved CD32 & CDTV detection in game list filename scrape.

Here's the link...

https://github.com/MrV2K/WHDLoad-Download-Tool

Tarzin 16 December 2021 07:05

Thanks, looks great and usefull!

Valken 16 December 2021 11:19

Awesome!

AMIGASYSTEM 16 December 2021 11:35

Very interesting mrv2k, it will be multiplatform? there will be an AROS version?

mrv2k 16 December 2021 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM (Post 1522124)
Very interesting mrv2k, it will be multiplatform? there will be an AROS version?

No AROS unfortunately as there is no version of Purebasic that supports it. Planned versions are... Windows (obviously), Linux and Raspberry Pi OS. (Maybe Mac)

Viceroy 16 December 2021 20:26

Nice one ;-)

AMIGASYSTEM 17 December 2021 01:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrv2k (Post 1522186)
No AROS unfortunately as there is no version of Purebasic that supports it. Planned versions are... Windows (obviously), Linux and Raspberry Pi OS. (Maybe Mac)

Thanks anyway

Valken 17 December 2021 12:46

I'm going to ask for a backup function JUST IN CASE the latest slave does not work.

It can perhaps just "move" the old slave to backup dir, or ZIP or 7zip it up into a backup file, with directory structure intact to "restore" if possible?

Thank you!

polomint 17 December 2021 13:40

Extremely nice, can't wait to try it if you can add me to your list :) (fingers crossed) :)

outsiderz 17 December 2021 13:59

great!!!
download link please :) :) :)

mrv2k 21 December 2021 16:30

Alpha test links in first post!

enigma776 21 December 2021 16:53

Getting can not load ftp folder when clicking load data. am I doing something wrong?

Turran 21 December 2021 17:10

Very nice. Let me know if you want it hosted on the FTP with full access to its directory.

Noticed you called it EAB FTP in the program. Its called TURRAN FTP as we try to distance ourselves from EAB (by request).

The donate button (appreciate that) goes to donate towards this forum. I do have a link there are well, but you might donate to the wrong thing if you just set a sum and click donate. The correct link is
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc....gif:NonHosted

mrv2k 21 December 2021 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by enigma776 (Post 1522873)
Getting can not load ftp folder when clicking load data. am I doing something wrong?

Not sure. Only got that error when I couldn't get onto the FTP when it was down or I had another FTP connection running on the same account. Can you get onto the FTP via a program like filezilla?

enigma776 21 December 2021 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrv2k (Post 1522880)
Not sure. Only got that error when I couldn't get onto the FTP when it was down or I had another FTP connection running on the same account. Can you get onto the FTP via a program like filezilla?

I can yes. I can even use the old EAB-WHDLoad_Pack_Downloader_x64 tool. The help file says something about a "Dats" folder is that suppose to be local or on the FTP? If its the FTP there is no Dats folder.

Turran 21 December 2021 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by enigma776 (Post 1522873)

It does not give proper error messages returned from the FTP it seems. Make sure you are not already logged in and that the username and password is correct (default ftp/amiga should work, but only for one connection per IP)

enigma776 21 December 2021 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turran (Post 1522885)
It does not give proper error messages returned from the FTP it seems. Make sure you are not already logged in and that the username and password is correct (default ftp/amiga should work, but only for one connection per FTP)

I had thought of this, same error even when using the default account.

mrv2k 21 December 2021 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by enigma776 (Post 1522881)
I can yes. I can even use the old EAB-WHDLoad_Pack_Downloader_x64 tool. The help file says something about a "Dats" folder is that suppose to be local or on the FTP? If its the FTP there is no Dats folder.

The Dats folder is created locally in the main program folder when the program can connect and download the dat files from the FTP. It won't affect the connection to the FTP.

Are you using your own account or the ftp/amiga one?

mrv2k 21 December 2021 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turran (Post 1522885)
It does not give proper error messages returned from the FTP it seems. Make sure you are not already logged in and that the username and password is correct (default ftp/amiga should work, but only for one connection per FTP)

Purebasic is a bit crap at getting FTP errors unfortunately. It either gives you a 1 - Connected or -1 Not Connected. I got this error yesterday when the RAID was being changed and later on it cleared up. The standard FTP account connected but wouldn't let me download as it said my IP was already connected. I could only see this when I connected via Filezilla and tried to download a file and it gave me the error.

I'm not sure whether it's fixable without writing a custom FTP procedure which is a bit beyond me at the moment.

Turran 21 December 2021 17:35

I see. Yeah, that sounds like a pain. I was lucky with my FTP routine in my version in that it grabs the entire login text, so easy to see errors..

I edited my post a few posts up as I found some "wrong" things =)

4 anonymous users downloading from the Retr0play packs right now, so seems to work fine for others (and me).

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrv2k (Post 1522892)
Purebasic is a bit crap at getting FTP errors unfortunately..