English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.FS-UAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   FS-UAE <= 2.9.x development series (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=66416)

Phiben 01 June 2019 18:36

I've just updated to the current dev version of FS-UAE and ran into a strange problem:

It seems that the current developer versions (2.9.9dev onward) break the windows driver of the "Speedlink Competition Pro" Joystick (SL-650212).

Before the update to 2.9.9dev, the joystick was correctly recognized and listed as "SPEEDLINK COMPETITION PRO" and worked as intended in FS-UAE 2.9.8dev2, RetroArch and Mame.

Right after updating to FS-UAE 2.9.9dev and starting "Launcher.exe", Windows immediately installs a new driver for the joystick. Now the joystick is incorrectly listed as "Game Controller for Android" -> Basically a generic 8-Button gamepad. As a result, every (!) custom controller-config (including RetroArch and Mame) becomes useless and isn't working anymore.

Are there any changes or new things introduced in 2.9.9dev, that might be causing this problem? :confused

FrodeSolheim 01 June 2019 20:59

I really don't see how FS-UAE/Launcher could cause that. I don't do anything nefarious, promise :) (On a side note, I have Speed-Link Competition Pro (SL-6602-TBE) and don't get this problem).

Best guess I have is that the controller inside your Speedlink is also used in other USB devices (with same USB vendor/model IDs?) and that for some reason, Windows has installed a custom driver for it.

As for why it happed when the Launcher was started? I don't know. Maybe because the default (and only) Windows version of FS-UAE Launcher is now 64-bit while it was 32-bit previously?

Perudor 05 June 2019 21:17

What does "notify_user msg #2" mean?

Hi,

I've just updated to the current dev version of FS-UAE (2.9.12dev) and now I am not able to start an amiga game (neither normal, AGA or CD32).

I get an error or an information message: "notify_user msg #2".

Before the current version i used 2.9.7dev3 and all games start and I am able to play them.

I did not change anything at my configurations or at my system.

:help Can someone explain me what this message means?

Thank you

FrodeSolheim 07 June 2019 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perudor (Post 1325695)
Hi, I get an error or an information message: "notify_user msg #2".

Message 2 is NUMSG_NOROMKEY, that should mean that you have Amiga Forever ROMs but rom.key is not found. (I don't think this has anything to do with updating to a newer version of FS-UAE, I haven't changed anything related to this).

Perudor 08 June 2019 20:39

Thank you for your reply.

I copied all *rom and rom.key from my cloanto into c:\Users\***\Documents\FS-UAE\Kickstarts\

and now 2.9.12dev works fine.

However 2.9.7.dev3 works without the path above. Anyway, it works now.

thanks a lot :)

ztronzo 17 June 2019 00:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perudor (Post 1326194)
Thank you for your reply.

I copied all *rom and rom.key from my cloanto into c:\Users\***\Documents\FS-UAE\Kickstarts\

and now 2.9.12dev works fine.

However 2.9.7.dev3 works without the path above. Anyway, it works now.

thanks a lot :)

You probably did not copy the "portable.ini" file to make the launcher think its portable, the existance of the portable.ini file would make the launcher look in the executable parent paths for the roms.

Nova 18 April 2020 08:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim (Post 1326068)
Message 2 is NUMSG_NOROMKEY, that should mean that you have Amiga Forever ROMs but rom.key is not found. (I don't think this has anything to do with updating to a newer version of FS-UAE, I haven't changed anything related to this).

is there an overview of all user messages avaiable somewhere?