English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   News (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   AmigaOS 3.2 released! (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=106964)

Swe_Kryten2x4b 03 October 2021 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Futaura (Post 1509539)
I saw mentions of Executive earlier in this thread, particularly by @Swe_Kryten2x4b, and I had the same issue. Lots of weird things hanging and windows failing to open.

I found a better solution than running Executive later on and I still run it from the Startup-sequence. You should add the ramlib task to ExecutivePrefs and set it to noschedule + above. Then everything will work fine, as before. My guess is that there is a race condition bug somewhere in one of the new OS 3.2 libraries.Perhaps intuition.library, or one of the classes (I found that replacing window.class with an older version, also solved the problem without having to stop scheduling ramlib).

That does indeed seem to fix the problem. The only other solution I managed to find was to set the scheduler to none, but that kinda defeats the purpose of running executive in the first place.

Thanks for finding that!

nogginthenog 03 October 2021 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Futaura (Post 1509539)
I saw mentions of Executive earlier in this thread, particularly by @Swe_Kryten2x4b, and I had the same issue. Lots of weird things hanging and windows failing to open.

Nice one Oliver. I also noticed Executive issues (Icon -> Information locks the OS). The trouble is I can't reproduce it now grrr.. :banghead

spotUP 12 October 2021 08:58

Hello, when i edit startup-sequence i can’t save it as it says the file is in use?
Any fix for this?

Minuous 12 October 2021 09:13

I can't reproduce your issue; it isn't locking startup-sequence here.

daxb 12 October 2021 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoUP (Post 1510884)
Hello, when i edit startup-sequence i can’t save it as it says the file is in use?
Any fix for this?

Use Scout to see if there is a lock on startup-sequence or not. What if you start without S-S and then edit the S-S?

ppill 12 October 2021 18:11

Icon transparency?

https://i.imgur.com/zKSwaJh.png

How?

The '?' has a transparent background in the prefs icon. Is there a way to add a transparency mask to normal icons now? Just the No Border option selected in the Workbench prefs.

Futaura 12 October 2021 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoUP (Post 1510884)
Any fix for this?

Are you using DOpus 5.91 in WBR mode by any chance?

I had this problem and reverted to the original old Magellan 5.8 version instead. It seems the LoadDB/LoadWB command from 5.91 is bugged, preventing the Startup-sequence from exiting when booting, hence why it cannot be changed.

Steady 13 October 2021 05:36

Are you using a UAE variety?

Michael 17 October 2021 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by ppill (Post 1510980)
https://i.imgur.com/zKSwaJh.png

How?

The '?' has a transparent background in the prefs icon. Is there a way to add a transparency mask to normal icons now? Just the No Border option selected in the Workbench prefs.

At the moment it is only possible for single image classic icons with backfill, dual image is rendered as full rectangle.

If you like classic look icons, you can convert them to newer format, and then you can have them frameless in dual image mode and they probably be smaller files too

ppill 17 October 2021 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael (Post 1511807)
At the moment it is only possible for single image classic icons with backfill, dual image is rendered as full rectangle.

If you like classic look icons, you can convert them to newer format, and then you can have them frameless in dual image mode and they probably be smaller files too

Thank you! Missed the single image/backfill thing when tying to figure it out.

AMIGASYSTEM 01 November 2021 13:11

I noticed that with OS 3.2 on WBPattern that it is not possible to change the volume name in a saved file path.

For example if you want to change in WBPattern the path of the image chosen from OS 3.2: .... to SYS: ..., see screenshot this is not possible, on OS3.9 instead you can do it.

Tpod 18 November 2021 21:30

6 Attachment(s)
Enjoying using OS3.2 apart from a couple of issues:

1. I have the same problem as supercompman (post #771,773 & 776) with AWEB APL 3.5 68000 from Aminet. Nothing to add apart from its partly 3.2 ROM related as I get the same freeze when using OS 3.1 or 3.2 on my A2000 (68000 CPU) if 3.2 ROM installed. Same issue in WinUAE (plain fresh 3.2 install) … however it starts fine when I changed CPU to 020, 030, 040 or 060 (& add required libs).

2. Change to what background colours appear on standard 8 colour WB screen. Maybe its something to do with how WBPattern Prefs now work (anything to do with lack of a no dithering option?)? See examples:

OS3.1 image followed by OS3.2 image:

Attachment 73853Attachment 73855Attachment 73856Attachment 73857
PPaint:
Attachment 73858Attachment 73859

The pattern in pic 1 & 2 (Liberty.3) is from BerzBench13.lha on Aminet.

Is there anything else that can be used to view HTML pages that doesn't require at least an 020?

coldacid 18 November 2021 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tpod (Post 1517865)
Is there anything else that can be used to view HTML pages that doesn't require at least an 020?

SimpleHTML works on '000 iirc but is quite limited in the HTML that it supports. It might be your best bet, however.

Tpod 18 November 2021 22:09

Thanks for that, I will give SimpleHTML a try.

AMIGASYSTEM 18 November 2021 22:12

There would also be Multiview, but you have to install the Datatypes, I haven't tested Multiviev with 68000

coldacid 18 November 2021 22:23

@AMIGASYSTEM the only functional HTML datatype I've ever seen just wraps SimpleHTML anyway, so the result would be the same.

AMIGASYSTEM 18 November 2021 22:39

I didn't understand well what you wrote, anyway Multiview is more qualitative than Simplehtml, Multiview shows Web pages as a Browser, see screenshot

EDIT:

Testing carefully I noticed that SimpleHtml works very well and also supports backgrounds :)

Tpod 23 November 2021 02:21

I've just had the sense to actually check how the pattern & pictures that I mentioned look in 8 colours in OS 3.9 on my 1200; sure enough they look exactly the same as they do in OS 3.2 on my 2000, doh!

Its clearly only a minor issue, that's been around for over 20 years but it would be interesting to at least know why the difference?

spotUP 23 November 2021 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Futaura (Post 1511010)
Are you using DOpus 5.91 in WBR mode by any chance?

I had this problem and reverted to the original old Magellan 5.8 version instead. It seems the LoadDB/LoadWB command from 5.91 is bugged, preventing the Startup-sequence from exiting when booting, hence why it cannot be changed.

Yes I am. :)
I managed to fix it somehow, but i don’t remember how…

AMIGASYSTEM 19 February 2022 11:41

On my OS 3.2/3.2.1 with RTG Screen, NewMeter seems to change the system colors, if someone wants to do some tests to confirm, thanks.

After running NewMeter, if you run the system application "Palette" (it happens with other applications too) you will notice that the text on the window will change color each time you run Plalette.

I specify that with OS 3.9 the problem doesn't exist, everything works regularly.