English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.Amiga File Server (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Retroplay's WHD uploads (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=61028)

Retroplay 12 May 2021 19:13

No problems here in either of those demos.
Assuming you mean these ?
HouseMusic_v1.0_Vision
LethalFrequency_v1.0_Aspect

Pro-tip, as I've said many times before, don't extract Amiga lhas in windows.

mrv2k 12 May 2021 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retroplay (Post 1483238)
No problems here in either of those demos.
Assuming you mean these ?
HouseMusic_v1.0_Vision
LethalFrequency_v1.0_Aspect

Pro-tip, as said I've said many times before, don't extract Amiga lhas in windows.

It was extracted on the Amiga. I think it's the unarchiver I've been using. Doing it through LHA, it works fine. xadunarc seems to be at fault. Only seems to affect files with loads of spaces in the paths. I'll rethink my install script.

Ta anyway!

Retroplay 12 May 2021 20:24

Ah ok.
I always use Dopus 4.16+lha 2.15 (68020) to compress/extract.

mrv2k 12 May 2021 20:57

I have written a WHDLoad launcher for Windows to run the games in your collection. It has an auto update feature that processes the dat files on the ftp, automatically downloads any new files and deletes unneeded ones. It then fires up an HDF in WinUAE with a custom script and updates the games/demos. It almost works. Theres a few kinks to work out.

https://i.imgur.com/KByqjQn.png

enigma776 12 May 2021 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrv2k (Post 1483275)
I have written a WHDLoad launcher for Windows to run the games in your collection. It has an auto update feature that processes the dat files on the ftp, automatically downloads any new files and deletes unneeded ones. It then fires up an HDF in WinUAE with a custom script and updates the games/demos. It almost works. Theres a few kinks to work out.

Thats freaking amazing, I saw DamienD's version but this is pretty damn good too.

512k 12 May 2021 21:17

Swordofsodan v2.0-1103.lha is missing

Black Lamp v1.2 is missing

Retroplay 12 May 2021 21:19

That's because they're obsolete now.
Grab the new dat and updated files. :D

512k 12 May 2021 21:36

@retroplay

Why does filezilla still show them?

Ah got the updated files

Retroplay 12 May 2021 21:44

I don't see them in my browser, Filezilla or Total Commander. :confused

[edit]
Never mind, it seems 512k got it sorted out.

Superman 12 May 2021 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrv2k (Post 1483275)

Thats very impressive! :cool

ItsTheSmell 25 May 2021 01:38

server down?

Im trying to download the latest games from the downloader but im getting an error message saying it cannot create a folder 55/commodore_amiga/retroplay etc etc. anyone know why? Im using 0.5 downloader by turran.

enigma776 27 May 2021 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsTheSmell (Post 1486661)
Im trying to download the latest games from the downloader but im getting an error message saying it cannot create a folder 55/commodore_amiga/retroplay etc etc. anyone know why? Im using 0.5 downloader by turran.

There was an FTP reshuffle you may need to change the line in the INI file to FTPRoot=/Retroplay WHDLoad Packs/

c0dehunter 18 June 2021 13:03

I get incomplete transfers with my FTP client (FileZilla), as every single time it reports that my IP address has reached the number of transfers, even when it is only the beginning of a given download session (and I am attempting to download only the RetroPlay WHDLoad packs, not the entire archives)

Any idea how to download?

Thanks!

enigma776 18 June 2021 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by c0dehunter (Post 1491280)
I get incomplete transfers with my FTP client (FileZilla), as every single time it reports that my IP address has reached the number of transfers, even when it is only the beginning of a given download session (and I am attempting to download only the RetroPlay WHDLoad packs, not the entire archives)

Any idea how to download?

Thanks!

Probably using more than one connection to download, check the settings.

c0dehunter 18 June 2021 18:37

Thanks for the tip, it seems to be working (although very slowly):

I ticked the box stating "Limite number of simultaneous connectioned", and chose 1 from the drop down list.

manic23 08 July 2021 08:56

Anyone know why Who Framed Roger Rabbit was removed from the RetroPlay area of the file server?

ransom1122 08 July 2021 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by manic23 (Post 1494729)
Anyone know why Who Framed Roger Rabbit was removed from the RetroPlay area of the file server?

It's there

/Retroplay WHDLoad Packs/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/W/WhoFramedRogerRabbit_v2.0_0160.lha
/Retroplay WHDLoad Packs/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/W/WhoFramedRogerRabbit_v2.0_PreRelease.lha

manic23 08 July 2021 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ransom1122 (Post 1494733)
It's there

/Retroplay WHDLoad Packs/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/W/WhoFramedRogerRabbit_v2.0_0160.lha
/Retroplay WHDLoad Packs/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/W/WhoFramedRogerRabbit_v2.0_PreRelease.lha

It's odd, when I sync my folder and the File Server Games folder with WinSCP it is trying to delete both of those titles as if they have been removed.

rabidgerry 15 July 2021 13:49

So I used to use FireFox for checking stuff on the Fileserver and it's where I was able to update my whdload packs from. But I see support for FTP is now been eradicated for FireFox and I'm just wondering how do the rest of you guys access the FTP site from your PC.

enigma776 15 July 2021 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabidgerry (Post 1495905)
So I used to use FireFox for checking stuff on the Fileserver and it's where I was able to update my whdload packs from. But I see support for FTP is now been eradicated for FireFox and I'm just wondering how do the rest of you guys access the FTP site from your PC.

I tend to use the EAB-WHDLoad_Pack_Downloader program but I fear thats not getting the job done now.