English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.aGTW (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   the big end? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=22060)

turrican3 13 March 2010 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by stainy (Post 620868)
Update: Craig has found files.. just needs to put his hands on some .exe`s.. also.. possibly unreleased AGA Empire Soccer as well :)

no news stainy ? :crying

ImmortalA1000 18 March 2010 16:04

Despite all the hard work from Stainy constantly bugging the guy I suspect it's a lot more than simply looking for some things on a HD going on here.

No offence, but if I had written anything as excellent as that and 15 years later knew people still remembered my unreleased game then I would get it out there to the people even if it's just a demo version....if I could.

I'm not saying he doesn't want to do this but maybe for reasons we don't know he can't do this. Shame because it's not like there are a lot of isometric racers in the world and the only other one on the Amiga I can think of is the Skidmarks series and this looks a great deal more complex technically too.

Maybe I should do my own version without the anime characters...have it ready by 2015 promise (that allows 4 years to learn some good 68k assembler haha) :D

CodyJarrett 19 March 2010 15:37

Now you all know why aGTW isn't the most regularly updated site ever!

I'd say that the three most common reasons for delays like this are that the ex-developer:

1) ...is simply too busy (I've had stuff pop into my inbox a year and half after "first contact")
2) ...isn't interested (sometimes I don't receive any reply or the contact goes dead after the first email when the ex-developer discovers why I'm contacting them)
3) ...doesn't want to revisit old projects (it's understandable that sometimes developers working on cutting edge projects don't want to dig up their early work if they believe the quality was substandard and likely to have a negative impression on their work or perhaps the experience wasn't a happy one)

In this case it's most likely 1).

To even get to the point of having an email exchange there can be a lot of investigative work and research. That said, sometimes it's easy and not disheartening at all!

ImmortalA1000 03 April 2010 04:32

Well all I can say is it's a shame if even a demo disk of this game is not ADFd for us all to enjoy. But yes making ends meet is not easy these days and it is quite possible for people to be busy for many reasons no matter how much they would love a semi-completed game of theirs to be out there and praised/enjoyed by us loyal Amigans.

Never mind, am slowly plugging away at working out how to do the same game (minus Manga type characters etc) and once I crack the method of making sure the right objects are over/under each other on the screen @ 25/50fps it will be less of an uphill battle.

One thing I did like was when it was previewed the reviewer noted that it would take you a similar approximate time to do a lap in the game as it does for an F1 car etc...nice little feature worth having :)

(if I win the lottery this weekend it may even take less than 4 years to finish!!)

ImmortalA1000 11 June 2010 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by stainy (Post 620868)
Update: Craig has found files.. just needs to put his hands on some .exe`s.. also.. possibly unreleased AGA Empire Soccer as well :)

Did Craig have his hands chopped off by a freak accident preventing him from "putting his hands on some exe's" in the last 6 months then ;)

I have got a rudimentary game engine for this mapped out now as far as what gets drawn when and where, so when I retire from the rat-race in 2011 I shall be starting a fully unofficial F1 game using 26 cars in my scrolling isometric masterpiece. Decided to make it AGA first....OCS would be a tough call.

Unless I have a freak accident and my hands are chopped off :lol:

ImmortalA1000 06 April 2011 13:36

10 months on and not a single squeek out of this guy, I think we can safely say this game is now lost forever :(

stainy 06 April 2011 22:19

The company he was working for went under :( I have messaged him in the last 2 weeks... guess it`s not that high up on his reply list at the mo...

ImmortalA1000 23 October 2011 04:59

Never expected to see this one to be honest, hope he's sorted something else out in this economy.

I did a lot of retro stuff when on the dole to pass the time mind :spin

stainy 23 October 2011 15:50

He`s working for Lucid Games I think... put a couple of emails in.....

Adropac2 23 October 2011 20:06

Give it up i say. Better as a memory of what might have been and it's clear this is too much effort for the guy

ImmortalA1000 28 October 2011 21:07

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O0U1QGmi4I

This is possible for A1200 in hi-res lace. But for now I will find this game and play it on a nasty PC :)

stainy 21 November 2011 16:38

My persistance has/is paying off! he has found the disks.. not able to get his A4000 going at the minute.. he`s going to mail me the disks...
I`m going to need someone`s help once I get them :)

Daz

Djay 21 November 2011 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by stainy (Post 786673)
My persistance has/is paying off! he has found the disks.. not able to get his A4000 going at the minute.. he`s going to mail me the disks...

Daz

Epic Work :great

Cant wait too see what you get... remember seeing this some time ago in AP... infact i have the issue

kriz 21 November 2011 23:53

Cooool !!!

DonAmiga 22 November 2011 00:30

Nice read through this thread and the game looks Great will be awesome if something comes of this :great

stevsurv 22 November 2011 14:37

Quote:

Daz

Good one!!

Do we have to send you the reminders? :D

Adropac2 22 November 2011 16:29

The big end? as in i wonder if they'll end up lost in the post

wilshy 16 January 2012 16:12

Quote:

Daz

Excellent work. Here's hoping all this work and it turns out to actually be good!

Keep it up mate.

Whitesnake 17 April 2012 01:27

Did anything ever materialise? :)

stainy 17 April 2012 21:49

Monthly nudge..