English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   News (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Metro Siege: new arcade quality a500 brawler! (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=98625)

Zarnal 30 August 2019 15:32

Hello, this game is it VBL or 1/2 VBL or VBL/1/2VBL ? Thank you.

nobody 30 August 2019 15:32

The graphics are excellent, you can tell the artist is very skilled looking at the sprites models. I like the palette, it's more towards modern indie games leaving back the old ega/atari st garish colors.

Marchie 30 August 2019 15:33

This looks just awesome. Can't wait to watch the stream in full.

I'd offer to help with some pixel art but it looks like you're already well supplied with talent!

Keep it up!

Tigerskunk 30 August 2019 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by trydowave (Post 1342276)
The major difference is that finally, here comes a guy thats got the know-how and talent to actually do it. And that should be praised!

Because all of us other OCS coders and pixlers are shit.

Got it.

mcgeezer 30 August 2019 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steril707 (Post 1342291)

Got it.

I'm pleased I'm not the only one who raised an eyebrow to that comment as well.

I'll get my coat.

Retro-Nerd 30 August 2019 16:19

Problem seems that some people mistake more colors = more colorful. ;)

vulture 30 August 2019 17:29

There are many extremely talented ppl in this community. I'm sure that if they can cooperate, wonderful stuff will happen!

rothers 30 August 2019 17:40

Just want you to know it looks amazing and not to listen to these negative comments, what you're doing is great work and a real show case of the original hardware.

I suggest if others think it isn't good enough then make your own game and show us how you would do it.

AmigaBoy69 30 August 2019 17:54

good job

trydowave 30 August 2019 18:55

Quote:

Got it.

i wasn't talking about other coders and pixel artists that know their stuff and create things, just the naysayers who don't

thairacerjp 30 August 2019 21:05

@Amigajay : now you have some stuff for a next issue of Amiga CD32 Scène :great , so many game will comes, just amazing, and like said Mike Parent from BitBeamCannon the retro is huge and if we have great quality games, thanks to emulators and steam platform, great artists, programmers , the Amiga will be more popular for "modern" gamers.
@DamienD : yeah, we were here for the live yesterday :)
AWESOME GAME, great idea to put another player controlled by IA ! , just need a little touch of vendetta with the guy comes from doors, or throw away characters to the wall :D

malko 30 August 2019 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by trydowave (Post 1342276)
[...] I for one think this is the most exciting thing to happen to the Amiga community in... well.. i cant remember how long. A much needed boost of positivity, the love for making games and a can do attitude is a welcome return.

+1 even if several games have been out or announced recently to make us excited (I won't name all of them as, for sure, I will forgot one or two and disappoint someone ;)).
'Metro Siege' has the privilege to be the beat'em up (brawler) game that was missing on the Amiga ! And, cherry on the cake, it's an original one :spin !!!

Edit :
Quote:

Got it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcgeezer (Post 1342294)
I'm pleased I'm not the only one who raised an eyebrow to that comment as well.
I'll get my coat.

Don't be touchy, guys :) . But your comments confirm what I was saying : "[...] several games have been out or announced recently to make us excited [...]".
Thumbs up for all of you :great (maybe once I will be on the list :D).

Tigerskunk 30 August 2019 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by malko (Post 1342376)
Don't be touchy, guys :) But your comments confirm what I was saying : "[...] several games have been out or announced recently to make us excited [...]".
Thumbs up for all of you :great (maybe once I will be on the list :D).

It's not about being touchy, it's about being told those things above because one dude promises you guys the world ("now the Amiga can compete with the SNES and will rise from the ashes"), like some kind of cult leader.

Let's see about how much of this what he told you happens in the next half of a year.

fryguy 30 August 2019 22:25

Looks really nice! I really like beat em ups.

TjLaZer 30 August 2019 22:28

Metro Siege: new arcade quality a500 brawler!

Looks absolutely amazing! Reminds me of Final Fight!

320x191? Please make sure the game at least runs on NTSC screen modes. That’s the most annoying thing when we are forced to use PAL and there a large black gap at the bottom of the screen.

nobody 30 August 2019 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solo Kazuki (Post 1342257)
Everything is like thru smoked glass. Overall some low contrast like.
Give me some colour which is not blue-orange-brown color line.
Almost no reds, only few greens (pants and leaves) and even if, colors are just low contrast. Sorry, but cannot see these "over 60 colors".

Compare with this:
https://static.giantbomb.com/uploads...2245-0_aga.png

Obviously you dont know much about graphics, in fighting spirit same colors are used again and again resulting in a mess that you cant tell what the hell is going on (eg car has the same colors with skin tones, dino shares colors with ground lol)... Background characters pop forward too. In fact all backround pops forward destroying perception of the field.

On the contrary on this new beat em up its quite clear what's going on on screen, thus the colors are very well chosen.

Samurai_Crow 30 August 2019 22:49

Mike Parent has done graphics on other systems. He's doing the A500 because that's what he learned on. DPaint is his alma mater. Mainly just to show off to other pixel artists. AGA is less showing off because it has fewer constraints to work around.

As far as crowding other people out, he made videos demonstrating how he does what he does so there will be more game makers on Amiga rather than less. His Spriter tool is handy too.

darkwave 30 August 2019 22:56

This looks absolutely fantastic! Good to see folks pushing the boundaries of OCS in 2019.

trydowave 30 August 2019 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steril707 (Post 1342383)
It's not about being touchy, it's about being told those things above because one dude promises you guys the world ("now the Amiga can compete with the SNES and will rise from the ashes"), like some kind of cult leader.

Let's see about how much of this what he told you happens in the next half of a year.

i
i dunno... i saw the game running on a real amiga and amigabill said the controls are really tight. it also looks like a real console game. Its OCS!

Cult leader is a bit much isnt it? I know this is EAB and all but cant some of us get excited and hopeful about these developments?

Hes a passionate guy and has put some amazing work out there. (unless i dreamt amigabills stream?). The other games were pretty astounding too with the transparencies and parallax etc.

if im gushing abit its because someone hes made, whats looks like, a scrolling beatem up that isnt a steaming pile of crap. Something the other coders ive asked dont usually want to touch on the amiga or the c64, either because they don't like the genre or that its too much of a challenge.

alpine9000 30 August 2019 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarnal (Post 1342281)
Hello, this game is it VBL or 1/2 VBL or VBL/1/2VBL ? Thank you.

I am not exactly sure what you mean, but the game runs at 25fps, so it updates frames every second VBL ?