English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   News (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Amiga Addict Magazine (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=104457)

nogginthenog 19 December 2020 17:10

Santa delivered mine today!

Gilbert 19 December 2020 17:55

Got mine too. Great stuff. Going to be asking my newsagent where the cover disk went *angry*

-Acid- 19 December 2020 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilbert (Post 1447185)
Got mine too. Great stuff. Going to be asking my newsagent where the cover disk went *angry*

C'mon it's 2021 ffs! :D

fxgogo 20 December 2020 00:33

Started reading mine while on the loo.....you know....for that authentic experience digital can not provide.loving it

AmigaBill 20 December 2020 01:45

I really don't know what to say. I am really blown away and speechless. I am just so grateful for the Amiga being such a big part of my life and having such a big impact on it. Most importantly I am so grateful for all the incredible friends I have made in the amazing community. The Amiga is great, but the friends I have made along the way are the greatest. AmigaLove

thairacerjp 23 December 2020 22:46

Yeah Bill, you are the Flagship of the American community and over the World cause it comes to France too, enjoying Amiga is a sort of course of action, a philosophy , a joy of everyday when you came back from work so tired and you open your Amiga and the soul of Jay Miner float above our heads, witch computer can make you smiling, thinking different, exploring 40 years after ? the community have never been so active that since 2000. keep the spirit Alive mates. merry Christmas ;) Long Live to AA .

Z3k 24 December 2020 19:17

Receved mine yesterday, and liked the overall formula and awesome print quality. The amiga Addict name seemed kinda random to me at first but then i realized the contents i liked the most were about amigans, their memories and passions. The second issue spoiled contents seems very interesting to me.

Pyromania 25 December 2020 04:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmigaBill (Post 1447266)
I really don't know what to say. I am really blown away and speechless. I am just so grateful for the Amiga being such a big part of my life and having such a big impact on it. Most importantly I am so grateful for all the incredible friends I have made in the amazing community. The Amiga is great, but the friends I have made along the way are the greatest. AmigaLove

:great

britelite 25 December 2020 12:32

Still waiting for mine to be shipped :(

AmigaBill 26 December 2020 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by thairacerjp (Post 1448047)
Yeah Bill, you are the Flagship of the American community and over the World cause it comes to France too, enjoying Amiga is a sort of course of action, a philosophy , a joy of everyday when you came back from work so tired and you open your Amiga and the soul of Jay Miner float above our heads, witch computer can make you smiling, thinking different, exploring 40 years after ? the community have never been so active that since 2000. keep the spirit Alive mates. merry Christmas ;) Long Live to AA .

You are amazing Thai :bowdown

Adrian Browne 27 December 2020 05:10

Its a good magazine. I am enjoying it. Physical copy beats digital anyday yes.

FOL 27 December 2020 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Acid- (Post 1447249)
C'mon it's 2021 ffs! :D

If its 2021, wheres our cover Download, ;).

ché 27 December 2020 20:59

My copy is still in preparation:

Shipping Preparation Started

Markus

Deaths_Head 27 December 2020 21:06

Great Mag, well done to all involved. looking forward to issue 2

Psiq 27 December 2020 21:49

Great mag. I am up to page 40 (I am a slow reader). I enjoyed the interview with Amiga Bill adn the article by Matt Pomroy about the arcades, it was exactly how I remembered it.

Its the first magazine I have bought i years that I have not missed reading a word and want to buy again.

Well done and congrats

ché 28 December 2020 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ché (Post 1448873)
My copy is still in preparation:

Shipping Preparation Started

I wrote that yesterday and guess what? My copy arrived today. :great

Very good paperquality. I'm reading right now, but as native swissgerman my english knowlegde is somewhat limited.

(I miss the coverdisk)

Markus

Gilbert 29 December 2020 16:45

From the letters page :

https://i.imgur.com/o7DjSa9.jpg

This is great news for me. I would become a permanent subscriber if there is a CD32 section.

roberthazelby 30 December 2020 22:40

Really enjoyed issue 1. I often skip articles in magazines but here I read all of them.

The interviews were great; nice and lengthy. Something to get stuck into.

Great work to all involved. Roll on issue two!

Radertified 30 December 2020 23:15

I find it interesting that in every photo or video I've seen of the magazine, I've never seen a side shot to see exactly how thick it is.

I've been wondering about its weightiness. Amiga Format and CU Amiga in their heyday were nice hefty magazines. In their final issues, they were significantly thinner. I imagine that's what this magazine is like.

intric8 30 December 2020 23:39

I feel bad I'm late to this party, but I signed up for a 6-month sub. I hope more folks will support it if they have the ability to do so. It sounds like a very exciting venture! And, it also sounds like it will have a very diverse group of folks and perspectives writing for it, which helped me seal the deal.

Happy New Year, and good luck Amiga Addict(s), all!